A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:56:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077298 times)
Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #1710 on: May 17, 2020, 10:18:29 am »

I have to note: There is a fourth crane, although not as dramatic, at 6th and Denver working the reno for the new county offices.  It's right out my apartment window.  Grin

Edit there are actually, two at the site, but one is smaller, so I won't count it.

Addendum:  This morning I saw a lift helicopter raising up material to the top of the BOA tower presumably for the Summit renovation.  Not sure if we are officially counting that as a crane.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1711 on: May 17, 2020, 07:58:11 pm »

The actual tower cranes are what get most people really excited. There is some kind of tower crane index out there somewhere that most of the top cities in the world unofficial compete in. Sort of a heat map of where major development/momentum is happening. It's great that Tulsa is somewhere on that list after so many years. With the additional WPX crane, we are now at 4 active tower cranes downtown. It has probably been decades since that many have been active at once in Tulsa.

The new VAST HQ building is still coming along with the new restaurants. I think the In The Raw rooftop location is still being worked on, and there is movement in the other restaurant locations. It really sucks that these projects got thrown off track, but hopefully things will grind back to normal quickly.

The building next to Albert G's still has construction wrapping around the top. Anyone know what is up with this building? Are they renovating it or not?
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1712 on: May 19, 2020, 12:05:12 pm »

The building next to Albert G's still has construction wrapping around the top. Anyone know what is up with this building? Are they renovating it or not?

If memory serves me correct, they took forever to complete the Albert G's build-out too.  Not sure if it is the same General Contractor or not.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1713 on: June 02, 2020, 08:39:12 am »

Anyone heard anything about DGX downtown? Drove by and saw it was all boarded up... can't imagine they'd close this soon after opening.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1714 on: June 02, 2020, 08:51:48 am »

I imagine that is due to fears of looting.

What I'm curious about is Empire Pizza. They just opened before being forced to shut down due to COVID and just boarded everything up and laid everyone off. Will they come back? It was a nice place, and their OKC location is still open.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1715 on: June 03, 2020, 08:33:02 am »

What I'm curious about is Empire Pizza. They just opened before being forced to shut down due to COVID and just boarded everything up and laid everyone off. Will they come back? It was a nice place, and their OKC location is still open.

Re Empire, I think they will come back only because the owner is from Tulsa and this looked like a pet project.  That said, I think all restaurants are at a significantly higher risk than normal, due to the current new normal.  Captain obvious, I know.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1716 on: June 03, 2020, 09:17:47 am »

You were right.. they were opened up yesterday (still boarded up). Interesting that they thought there was that big of a threat.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1717 on: June 24, 2020, 11:31:36 am »

Any idea why El Guapo is painting over their exterior on Elgin, including the mural? Hopefully they will replace the mural with some sort.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1718 on: June 24, 2020, 02:20:38 pm »

I've seen some comments about rebranding, but nothing official seems to be out there. McNellie's Group has been doing some renovations/updates during the last few months at least, so it could just be a new logo/name, renovated El Guapos?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1719 on: June 26, 2020, 03:04:43 pm »

So the place between Andolini's and Enso is going to be some kind of juice bar. I think someone probably mentioned that before, but I just walked past it last night. Banner out front says Inheritance Juicery.

111 Greenwood has windows on the lower level and gray stucco material over most of it. Not sure if this is the final color, been awhile since I've seen the concept art. It looks like the exterior will be finished in July.

El Guapo's is all white at the moment. Might just be primer.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1720 on: August 27, 2020, 08:09:11 am »

111 Greenwood looks nearly finished from the outside. I'm sure it still has a few more months to finish up, but its interesting how this one has flown under the radar.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1721 on: September 08, 2020, 12:35:20 pm »

What is this for? Possibly the proposed tower on the NE corner?

111 Greenwood is so close.

McNellie's Patio is now open.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1722 on: September 08, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »

What is this for? Possibly the proposed tower on the NE corner?

McNellie's Patio is now open.

Is that not the exterior mock up for The View?  

So glad to see that corner as a patio especially the new trees.  I thought eventually McNellies would expand there either with a building or outdoor space.  Now just need something in that brick building across the street..

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1723 on: September 08, 2020, 01:33:13 pm »

It's on a different lot than the View, but it does look like their style.

Apparently El Guapo's downtown is now closed completely. They had been renovating it, and the South Tulsa location closed earlier this year. It always seemed busy pre-COVID, so I'm curious if they will use the space for a new concept soon.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #1724 on: September 08, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »

That's the mock-up for The View, the Constructor (Provident) has been using that location for construction staging since the project began.  Normally you want them on-site but that was not possible with the very constrained site.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org