A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:04:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076815 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1695 on: May 05, 2020, 03:08:59 pm »

I was not at the OSU Tower spot, but just west of it.  I suppose I was on Standpipe Hill, just the part of it that is between Boston and MLK.  On E Fairview Street just east of Boston there's a 90 degree turn.  I parked there and walked up this hill.  It's a really great spot. 

Check out this amazing proposal for this area done by a Notre Dame architectural grad student: http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2017-ND-Tulsa-Project-Booklet_18-0118r1.pdf

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1696 on: May 06, 2020, 09:27:12 am »

https://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/watch-now-what-the-ale-mcnellies-plants-huge-shade-trees-for-upcoming-beer-garden/article_aba10a0f-e05d-5ede-8269-0092e722ec58.html

Turns out the lot next to Mcnellie's is indeed going to be a beer garden. Didn't expect the trees. Good timing for them with the outdoor COVID strategy.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1697 on: May 06, 2020, 09:41:57 am »

Great move for McNellies... another abandoned lot turning into something nice Smiley
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #1698 on: May 06, 2020, 11:03:00 am »

Awesome for McNellies! Can't wait to visit this... reminds me of a mini Katy Trail Ice House. I feel like Fassler Hall should take note on the larger shade trees, as the only other "patio bar" situation downtown could use some. Tulsa needs more of these kinds of developments, and not just downtown. There are loads of empty, ugly lots in south(ish) Tulsa that I know people would go drink a beer at, and not feel like they have to go downtown. I love going downtown for the bar scene, but after a dive up from Dallas to 61st / 71st to visit your Dad in Tulsa, it's sometimes hard to convince yourself to justify that! (I could just be selfish about that though)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1699 on: May 06, 2020, 12:59:31 pm »

Great to see, all of the Blue Dome area needs more trees.  It's not bad right now but the shade is definitely welcome in the summer and early fall. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1700 on: May 07, 2020, 09:00:54 am »

Here's a few from my walk last weekend that I forgot to post.

OKPOP has definitely started in earnest, with a lot of groundwork going on. I think others have mentioned this, but it is interesting to see them making the lot south of Inner Circle into a construction yard. I assume that lot is going to be developed next...

Empire Pizza is completely boarded up. I hope they come back after all of this. It was a nice place during the two weeks it was open before the rona.

Davenport looks like it has been in stand still.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1701 on: May 07, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »

I'm concerned that there hasn't been any movement at Davenport.  Can anyone confirm if work has indeed stopped?  That would be a tragedy if it was left in an unfinished state.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1702 on: May 07, 2020, 12:42:13 pm »

^I'm willing to bet it's just typical coronavirus adjustments due to labor/material shortages. I'm sure they are probably back at work by now, but it does seem like everything slowed way down last month. The building looks like it is just about topped off but the penthouse part needs to be completed. Not sure if that is being done with concrete beams as well or what, but they have those pillars to nothing at the top that make it look like they stopped halfway though a floor. Looking at the concept artwork though, maybe that is just what the facade is going to attach to.

They have put up a lot of interior walls at least. It's kind of hard to judge the progress since I haven't been walking past it regularly over the past month. I just expected more of the cladding to be done by now.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1703 on: May 08, 2020, 10:38:03 am »

I've been by during the day and they were definitely still working on it.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1704 on: May 12, 2020, 07:47:57 am »

Went by again on Sunday, and sure enough, Davenport is showing signs of progress after all. They are definitely focused more on the inside, but a bit of the exterior is still coming along.

Also, OKPOP now has a tower crane. Three separate tower cranes operating at once in our city! How long has it been since that happened?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1705 on: May 12, 2020, 03:12:39 pm »

From Flintco's social media..beautiful shot of downtown Tulsa and the WPX tower crane

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1706 on: May 14, 2020, 09:25:50 am »

Pano that captures all 3 cranes... exciting stuff for Tulsa!

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #1707 on: May 14, 2020, 01:05:08 pm »

I have to note: There is a fourth crane, although not as dramatic, at 6th and Denver working the reno for the new county offices.  It's right out my apartment window.  Grin

Edit there are actually, two at the site, but one is smaller, so I won't count it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1708 on: May 14, 2020, 01:49:57 pm »

The LA King property south of Davenport Lofts really stands out like a sore thumb now.  Hoping the proposed Hanson redevelopment can improve that corner.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1709 on: May 14, 2020, 06:32:18 pm »

I have to note: There is a fourth crane, although not as dramatic, at 6th and Denver working the reno for the new county offices.  It's right out my apartment window.  Grin

Edit there are actually, two at the site, but one is smaller, so I won't count it.

There is also one (or there was) one,  albeit smaller than these three, at the View construction site.  So that's like six cranes downtown right now.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org