A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076587 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1665 on: March 14, 2020, 11:23:12 am »

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/greenarch-developing-new-mixed-use-project-in-greenwood-district/article_e0ef6066-4b7d-5d99-a23c-734bde6d91eb.html

Construction fence up around lot on South East corner of Archer & Greenwood.  Not sure if it is related to the Greenarch development or the repaving of Archer towards the BMX facility.

Also, construction activity appears to be getting underway in the small lot/building on the corner to the West of McNellies.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1666 on: March 14, 2020, 01:01:54 pm »

^Interesting. I know Greenarch has been in standstill for awhile now... thought they were going to wait a bit longer to start until after some other projects had filled in. Maybe its just construction staging for the road.

As for the building next to McNellies, that was formerly home to the little bicycle bar thing. Would be a prime corner for someone to take over and make into something though...

The building on the other side, next to Albert G's, ha been in a very slow state of refurbishment for months now as well. Not sure what is going on with it, but if you look through the windows it looks like a lot is going on inside with duct work and whatnot. I'm really curious to know who owns that building and what they do with it, not to mention their future plans.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1667 on: March 16, 2020, 11:26:15 am »

I always thought McNellie's could use that spot as an outdoor beer garden. We take our kids to McNellie's South because of the outdoor area.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1668 on: March 22, 2020, 09:53:21 am »

How have the downtown projects progressed? I haven't been DT in two weeks. Hope the WPX HQ doesn't get put on hold, unless it is just for worker's safety.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1669 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:49 am »

I've been WFH so I haven't been downtown as much, but from what I can tell the big ones are progressing at least (WPX, View, Davenport).
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1670 on: March 23, 2020, 11:43:43 am »

Out Downtown now and there are definitely crews still at work on a handful of projects I can see. WPX, Otasco building, some general street work that I can see (maybe utilities for other projects?). Likely they're working with smaller groups at this time, but still around for sure
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1671 on: March 31, 2020, 10:22:17 am »

Couple of pictures from the View the other day

Plot across from the Greenwood apartments is starting out, I can't seem to remember what the project is.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1672 on: April 02, 2020, 04:33:03 pm »

I took a picture of the former Otasco site this afternoon as I drove by.  They are making good progress.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1673 on: April 08, 2020, 12:43:49 pm »

That OTASCO rooftop will have a great skyline view.  At least until the PAC lot is developed.   Wink

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1674 on: April 09, 2020, 11:10:04 am »

The parking garage behind the Fairfield in the Arts District has started construction.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1675 on: April 19, 2020, 01:50:36 pm »

Here are some shots from a walk I took around downtown yesterday. Things are still progressing, albeit obviously slower on several projects. Greenwood is taking off, with 111 Greenwood not only topped off and getting cladded, but also 21 N Greenwood has started construction in earnest. I didn't go up through the Brady, but I can see that Davenport hasn't moved much. it is topped out, but cladding seems to have stalled. I am guessing they are holding off for now. Would love to know if dirt is being moved yet on the OKPOP museum.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1676 on: April 19, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »

^ Nice!  I was just out today taking some pictures.  I noticed that 21 North Greenwood had started and yes, there is some dirt work being done on OKPOP.  I drove by.  They have Edison Street closed and the southbound lane of N Main Street is blocked off.  I took quite a few pictures of the Davenport Loft project, plus I discovered this really great vantage point that overlooks downtown just north of the IDL.  I have never been there before.  It would be a great spot for a park!

Here are some shots where you can see the crane for WPX and the View.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #1677 on: April 19, 2020, 02:20:14 pm »

Thanks for the pics.  Good solid infill development project.  Tulsa IMHO is right around the corner for a city on the verge of an exciting rebound.  The population will come to this beautiful city--please be patient.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1678 on: April 20, 2020, 08:13:04 am »

Great pictures everyone Smiley.  I've been consistently surprised at how big the View seems like it's going to be. Going to have a huge impact on that area.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1679 on: April 20, 2020, 09:22:31 am »

Is your vantage spot by the OSU Tower? 

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org