A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:45 pm
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076881 times)
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1545 on: October 31, 2019, 11:46:23 am »

I've been meaning to post these pictures for a long time. . . Like two months.  These were taken on the morning of Labor Day.

Newly renovated building at 3rd and Kenosha.  Not sure if there is a tenant lined out for this or not.

Former KOTV building.

Back side of the new Hotel Indigo.

Here are several of the Vast Bank building.

The Flats on Archer.

Holiday Inn Express.

And here's a few of the Cosmopolitan Apartments at Denver and Riverside.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1546 on: October 31, 2019, 12:04:29 pm »

I've been meaning to post these pictures for a long time. . . Like two months.  These were taken on the morning of Labor Day.

Newly renovated building at 3rd and Kenosha.  Not sure if there is a tenant lined out for this or not.

Thanks for posting all the updates!

The pics of Amelia's with the Archer Flats, the Riverside Apartment pics, and shots of Vast Bank behind other buildings really make those areas feel like a whole other city. Really nice to have all that near downtown. The density is noticeably different in the area now, even if it's still not anywhere close to TheArtist's standards (and will most likely never be there sadly because we still live in Suburbia country).

It's great to see that investment in downtown is rivaling the suburban sprawl. It is more than just viable, but profitable and hopefully the future. We need more people going carless or less carful at least! The Arts District is just the beginning of what it will be and what it can be when enclosed with residential from all areas around it (empty lots by OSU/Owen Park, etc)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1547 on: November 01, 2019, 11:13:16 am »

Not the biggest fan of the exterior materials and colors of the Indigo.  Looking forward to the day it's surrounded by Santa Fe Square. 

LOVE the landscaping by Amelia's and the pop of color from Archer Lofts. 

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1548 on: November 04, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »

Not the biggest fan of the exterior materials and colors of the Indigo.  Looking forward to the day it's surrounded by Santa Fe Square. 

LOVE the landscaping by Amelia's and the pop of color from Archer Lofts. 

The facade is pretty decent and unique with some Art Deco elements, but it looks very much like a generic chain hotel on a couple sides. I'm guessing that was in anticipation of being hidden once the rest of the buildings are put up. The parts facing west and north are more interesting, with balconies and more variations.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1549 on: November 04, 2019, 08:16:29 pm »

I saw the renovated building at 3rd & Kenosha is getting a new restaurant called The Goat.  I don’t know anymore than that.

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1550 on: November 05, 2019, 07:38:38 am »

I saw the renovated building at 3rd & Kenosha is getting a new restaurant called The Goat.  I don’t know anymore than that.

Signage going up.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1551 on: November 05, 2019, 08:41:56 am »

http://www.thegoattulsa.com/

Opening soon. More Mediterranean options sound good to me
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1552 on: November 05, 2019, 09:24:34 am »

new restaurant called The Goat.

They sound pretty confident
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1553 on: November 08, 2019, 09:13:04 am »

Sadly.... the Zip System Failure Sheathing everywhere....  Let the mold begin!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #1554 on: November 11, 2019, 10:23:51 am »

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/after-delays-city-to-break-ground-on-bmx-facilities-friday/article_da277d83-98a2-512d-8f64-8a22dd174792.html

Work on the city’s long-promised BMX facility will begin this week with a ground-breaking ceremony scheduled for Friday at the former Evans-Fintube property north of downtown.

The project is expected to be completed in 2021.

“I am definitely excited about this project moving forward,” said City Councilor Vanessa Hall-Harper. “I am more excited about the follow-up development that is coming to this space in the historic Greenwood boundaries and what ultimately can result from that.”

The BMX arena, headquarters and hall of fame will be constructed on the north end of the 22-acre property. It is expected to include a 2,000-seat outdoor arena, with a roof; an adjacent USA BMX headquarters and hall of fame; and an approximately 300-space parking lot.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1555 on: November 11, 2019, 11:44:17 am »

Here is a development summary that was presented to the TDA board:

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Presentation-Mayors-Office-of-Economic-Development-Kian-Kamas.pdf

Lots of great stuff going on around downtown. Of particular interest for me was the notes on slide three. Under Downtown development projects, it notes that there are several potential developments coming with announcements possible in coming weeks.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1556 on: November 11, 2019, 01:01:12 pm »

We will be back in Tulsa the week of Thanksgiving.  There's always more to see and do than we have time for, what are the "must" new places to see or eat since we were last there in April?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #1557 on: November 11, 2019, 03:23:43 pm »

Some of the newer places we like are the SwampHouse on 3rd Street right across from Leon's Church Studio.  Cajun food, good music, run by Tom Dittus and his wife.  The new Deco Lounge on Boston (where Decopolis used to be) is nice, and the Chamber Restaurant on 5th (in the refurbished Tulsa Club Hotel).  There's the new Foolish Things High Dive (Korean Street Food) on Trenton to the east of the Church Studio, but we haven't tried that yet.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1558 on: November 11, 2019, 08:23:10 pm »

Some of the newer places we like are the SwampHouse on 3rd Street right across from Leon's Church Studio.  Cajun food, good music, run by Tom Dittus and his wife.  The new Deco Lounge on Boston (where Decopolis used to be) is nice, and the Chamber Restaurant on 5th (in the refurbished Tulsa Club Hotel).  There's the new Foolish Things High Dive (Korean Street Food) on Trenton to the east of the Church Studio, but we haven't tried that yet.

I hope the Jows are doing some sort of riff on their garlic fried chicken recipe from Golden Palace at the Deco Lounge.  That was always a must-do lunch when we'd come back to Tulsa.  I'm also a long-time admirer of Tom Dittus' restaurants.  Sounds like two solid recommendations.

How's tenancy at the Box Yard these days?  We noticed a few less tenants when we were last in Tulsa than they had right before we moved away in early '17.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1559 on: November 12, 2019, 07:49:14 am »

The Boxyard has added a couple new stores replacing some of the ones that have either grown larger or reverted back to online. 918Skate is probably the newest tenant that's finding its footing. Open Container and Riley's Wine and Spirits both have increased their footprint, adding a restaurant to the former bar-only concept, and an event space to the liquor store option.

Sabores is still fairly new in the game, but great food options.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org