A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:20:16 pm
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076821 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1485 on: September 13, 2019, 03:12:40 pm »

And what dozen pizza places are there Downtown? What pizza is there in the TAD? Elgin Park and Huh Do they stay open late?

The Hunt Club also has a pizza kitchen. And both that and Elgin Park are open late to cover the TAD pretty well. I feel like some businesses expand just so they can, even if it's a saturated market. That spot is ideal for a food place though. It'll for sure capture some post-Cain's crowds and late night revelers.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1486 on: September 13, 2019, 07:09:51 pm »

I wish there was a Pizza place over in the area where DECOPOLIS is.  Actually that may be bad cause I would eat there all the time.  Tongue

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1487 on: September 16, 2019, 09:43:49 am »

I wish there was a Pizza place over in the area where DECOPOLIS is.  Actually that may be bad cause I would eat there all the time.  Tongue

Yeah, but you have the metabolism of a hummingbird, you could handle it!  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1488 on: September 23, 2019, 07:42:49 am »

Building next to Albert G's is being renovated. This is a really cool old warehouse building. Could be something interesting. Hopefully not more pizza.

Progress on new mural:

The View now has a fence up, and word on the street is that construction is going to start very soon.

Otasco
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1489 on: September 23, 2019, 10:34:06 am »

Dirt should be moving for The View the first week of October.  The contractor is currently getting mobilized on-site.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1490 on: September 24, 2019, 09:08:58 am »

Thanks for the pictures!

Saw the building near Albert G's the other weekend, wondering what it'll be.  It's a pretty large building, could be a lot of things!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1491 on: September 24, 2019, 10:53:07 pm »

Can't wait for our Thanksgiving week trip to see what all has changed since last Winter/Spring.  So bittersweet moving away to the mountains of New Mexico as Tulsa was making such huge strides in 2017.  Every improvement in Tulsa we've seen on return trips since we moved has been incredible.  The Brady district is so vibrant now and the east end of Brady has just about filled up.  Can't wait to be back!  (Yes, I know I said "Brady", it will always be that to me).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1492 on: September 24, 2019, 10:58:56 pm »

The Hunt Club also has a pizza kitchen. And both that and Elgin Park are open late to cover the TAD pretty well. I feel like some businesses expand just so they can, even if it's a saturated market. That spot is ideal for a food place though. It'll for sure capture some post-Cain's crowds and late night revelers.

Elgin Park is open late, but I've had more than one experience when they were out of something, or multiple things, before 10pm. A few weeks ago some friends and I walked down there around 9:45 on a Saturday and when were being seated we were told they were "out of pizza" for the night.

The same thing had happened back in May of this year at about the same time of night. Only that night we were also informed they were out of potatoes for fries. My first experience of this was in the Fall of 2018, I think it was in September but can't remember, when there were ten or twelve people from work out on a Saturday night for a going away party for a colleague who was moving out of state. We got to Elgin Park around 9:30 and were told they were out of Pizza just after asking for a table.

I've heard from friends that the "out of pizza" thing has happened to them multiple times as well.

Someone isn't doing their job very well for those types of things to be happening on a regular basis.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #1493 on: September 25, 2019, 08:36:11 am »

What is the referencing?

https://journalrecord.com/2019/09/24/developers-sought-for-1-acre-site-in-downtown-tulsa/

"The Tulsa Parking Authority and Hunden Strategic Partners have issued a request for qualifications for the development of a 1-acre site at 311 N. Boulder Ave. in the Arts District of downtown Tulsa."
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1494 on: September 25, 2019, 10:03:34 am »

Elgin Park is open late, but I've had more than one experience when they were out of something, or multiple things, before 10pm. A few weeks ago some friends and I walked down there around 9:45 on a Saturday and when were being seated we were told they were "out of pizza" for the night.

The same thing had happened back in May of this year at about the same time of night. Only that night we were also informed they were out of potatoes for fries. My first experience of this was in the Fall of 2018, I think it was in September but can't remember, when there were ten or twelve people from work out on a Saturday night for a going away party for a colleague who was moving out of state. We got to Elgin Park around 9:30 and were told they were out of Pizza just after asking for a table.

I've heard from friends that the "out of pizza" thing has happened to them multiple times as well.

Someone isn't doing their job very well for those types of things to be happening on a regular basis.

Hmm. I've been a devoted Elgin Park customer since they opened and I've never experienced that. However, I don't always get pizza either, but I've never been told that or not seen pizza while there. Even when the place is packed to the brim for football games, I've always been able to get food and drink and have a good time.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1495 on: September 25, 2019, 10:06:19 am »

Pizzapolis should be a thing
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1496 on: September 25, 2019, 10:10:18 am »

What is the referencing?

https://journalrecord.com/2019/09/24/developers-sought-for-1-acre-site-in-downtown-tulsa/

"The Tulsa Parking Authority and Hunden Strategic Partners have issued a request for qualifications for the development of a 1-acre site at 311 N. Boulder Ave. in the Arts District of downtown Tulsa."

That's good news they're inquiring about developing that.

It really needs to be dense housing with ground floor retail and maybe office on 2nd floor. It would be great if someone would propose reasonably priced condos (Less than $400k, even though that massive logical range is probably a pipe dream). It would be an ideal place to live and have a walkable lifestyle. They could probably make ~1,500 square foot 3bd/2bath units for around $400k and they'd sell quickly and would look dirt cheap compared to other condos in the area.

Someone should just take the losing PAC bids and change the address.  Grin
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1497 on: September 25, 2019, 10:11:47 am »

What is the referencing?

More info here:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/tulsa-parking-authority-eyes-mixed-used-development-on-north-boulder/article_51b28859-a71a-5c92-999f-50e6095eb1b3.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1498 on: September 25, 2019, 10:49:53 am »

Someone should just take the losing PAC bids and change the address.  Grin

The PAC lot, IMO, is the most important developable lot in downtown Tulsa.  It is the link between the CBD and Blue Dome and deserves a high quality project.  It is a great spot for the full-service grocery that has been discussed for this site.  I've liked what I've seen from Flaherty & Collins (the developer who currently controls the lot) but am not convinced they will deliver being an out-of-state firm.  Though as we've seen with Santa Fe Square and The View even local developers will move at a snail's pace when it comes to large projects.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1499 on: September 25, 2019, 03:38:01 pm »

The PAC lot, IMO, is the most important developable lot in downtown Tulsa.  It is the link between the CBD and Blue Dome and deserves a high quality project.  It is a great spot for the full-service grocery that has been discussed for this site.  I've liked what I've seen from Flaherty & Collins (the developer who currently controls the lot) but am not convinced they will deliver being an out-of-state firm.  Though as we've seen with Santa Fe Square and The View even local developers will move at a snail's pace when it comes to large projects.

I agree, but I get the impression this project is stuck on high center in large part because of the grocery store issue.

I fear that Santa Fe Plaza is going to end up as underwhelming as One Place (or was it Place One).
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org