A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:18:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077081 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #975 on: January 09, 2017, 03:42:33 pm »

Fair enough!  Guess it could have been a board member or one presenter or the other, and they just scrubbed the whole thing.  But I really just wanted to whine about shutting everything down because of .2 inches of snow.   Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #976 on: January 17, 2017, 12:42:59 pm »

Has anyone heard anything about the OneOK Field development?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:34:02 pm by LeGenDz » Logged

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #977 on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:19 pm »

Near ONEOK Field, the parking garage by OneGas, or is ONEOK planning something (they own their current building and just dumped tens of millions into it)?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #978 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:51 pm »

Oops.. OneOK Field

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #979 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:17 am »

There are two proposals for the site.  The TDA postponed the presentations of those meetings, I believe they will be heard next month.  I cannot recall if the details are above or in another thread...  if you use "search" and find them, please post the link.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #980 on: January 18, 2017, 08:37:19 am »

Development around it? The field is pretty much it, but there's the lot across the street that is being bid on by a couple of potential projects last I heard. Was one of the runners for the OKPOP Museum, but that's not happening there.

Apartments are planned across Archer, that may be what you mean.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #981 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:05 am »

Apartments are planned across Archer, that may be what you mean.

The View apartments planned for the SE corner of Elgin & Archer across from the ballpark:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #982 on: January 18, 2017, 11:01:40 am »

The View apartments planned for the SE corner of Elgin & Archer across from the ballpark:

Was that supposed to originally be one of Patel’s new hotels where the old Thorco Valve was?  I’m getting confused with all these new developments...and that is a great problem for us to have!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #983 on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:43 am »

Was that supposed to originally be one of Patel’s new hotels where the old Thorco Valve was?  I’m getting confused with all these new developments...and that is a great problem for us to have!

There is a Holiday Inn project a block west (across from Rusty Crane) which you're probably thinking of.  The sign's been up for a while but the old tire shop building is still standing.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #984 on: January 18, 2017, 11:29:38 am »

This is the Holiday Inn planned for Detroit & Elgin.  No idea its current status though.

This is Ross Group's latest proposal for the lot on Elgin across from ONEOK Field.  The rendering almost looks like it doesn't take up the whole lot from Archer and Brady, looks like only half of it?  There is also another proposal for this lot from an out of state investor.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #985 on: January 18, 2017, 12:54:23 pm »

The Ross Group drawing shows grass in the left over spot to the north.  If there's not going to be a building there, a green space would work really well there.  Anything but a parking lot, please. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #986 on: January 18, 2017, 01:06:15 pm »

The Ross Group drawing shows grass in the left over spot to the north.  If there's not going to be a building there, a green space would work really well there.  Anything but a parking lot, please. 

I'm surprised the building doesn't fill the whole block unless the rendering is incorrect?   The other proposal for this site is for the entire half block which is what is needed here.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #987 on: January 18, 2017, 02:48:15 pm »

The Ross proposal across from the ballpark is a two phase development to maximize density.  Phase one is as shown, when that is filled they can assess the needs of the area and build phase 2 accordingly.  Could be a parking ramp, could be residential, could be a commercial hub, could be build to suit a major tenant... who knows.

I believe the Holiday Inn originally intended to break ground this month, with ~15 months to open after that.  The same group, "Promise Hotels," is working on the one next to Cimarex and one basically across the street at 201 S. Cheyenne (partnered with the Ross Group, I believe), so maybe they are trying to wrap one before starting others?  I have not heard any updates and a brief search doesn't turn any permitting info up.
http://www.promisehotels.com/news/new-holiday-inn-express-coming-brady-district/

Previous discussion on the hotel going in at Cimarex/OnePlace:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20323.0

I believe this thread discusses the planned Holiday Inn on Archer/Detroit (from 2013, ironically discussing worry that the TDA would never get around to developing the stadium lots):
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20125.0

As an aside to this aside, if anyone knows the former occupant of 23 N. Detroit, the State of Oklahoma has money for them:
http://oklahoma-lost-money.org/data/23+N+DETROIT+TULSA%2C+OK%2C+74120/FLEENOR%2C+KELLY+J/62552046.html

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #988 on: January 26, 2017, 10:56:37 am »

Has there been 10 square blocks of new infill since the BOK Center?

I think there certainly has if you include renovated/re purposed building but I'm not sure about just new structures.

Also, how much developments in terms of square blocks is 1) proposed, and 2) actually likely.

Not set up questions, just curious Smiley
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #989 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:09 am »

I wasn't sure, so I made a map last night to visual how much has been done.  I tried to include new projects that are completed, significant remodels (downtown a significant remodel is as important as new development), as well as announced projects that look like they are very likely to happen.  I added green squares in the government projects, in case we wanted to discount those.  It certainly looks like we are approaching 10 blocks, and I'm sure I've missed some.

I was going to label them, but my wife insisted I hate "wasted"  (wasted!) enough time.  I mean, I do what I want but thought it would be fun to see if people could label them all.  Numbering runs right to left starting at the top (Brady District). And go...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org