A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076960 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #825 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:28 am »

This morning, I noticed Hampton Lumber being used to construct the new Marriott at 5th & Cheyenne.  Smiley

Residence Inn | 100 Rooms | $9 Million

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #826 on: October 11, 2016, 12:56:27 pm »

This morning, I noticed Hampton Lumber being used to construct the new Marriott at 5th & Cheyenne.  Smiley

Does that mean they will use Marriott lumber for the Hampton then?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #827 on: October 11, 2016, 06:02:08 pm »

Does that mean they will use Marriott lumber for the Hampton then?

lol

I've not heard of Marriott lumber.  Is it a common building material?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #828 on: October 11, 2016, 06:11:19 pm »

lol

I've not heard of Marriott lumber.  Is it a common building material?

No, but for grins I decided to Google it and I did get a hit for Marriott Lumber in Scranton, Pa.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #829 on: October 11, 2016, 06:19:46 pm »

No, but for grins I decided to Google it and I did get a hit for Marriott Lumber in Scranton, Pa.

lol

I Googled "Marriott Lumber" before I posted my reply, and I didn't see any Marriott Lumber in Scranton.  What's their street address?

saintnicster
« Reply #830 on: October 13, 2016, 01:44:09 pm »

https://www.readfrontier.com/spotlight/tulsa-parking-authority-buys-land-brady-district-new-parking-facility/

Tulsa Parking Authority buys land in Brady Arts District for new parking facility
By KEVIN CANFIELD| OCTOBER 11, 2016
TPA Director Peyton Haralson said the authority purchased the land in part to allay concerns prospective business owners in the Brady District might have about available parking.

The Tulsa Parking Authority recently purchased a 45,000-square-foot property that runs along the north side of East Cameron Street from Boulder Avenue to Main Street.

Looks like something's finally going to happen with the Borden/Truck lot
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #831 on: October 13, 2016, 01:59:57 pm »

https://www.readfrontier.com/spotlight/tulsa-parking-authority-buys-land-brady-district-new-parking-facility/

Looks like something's finally going to happen with the Borden/Truck lot

I know this is too much to hope for, but it sure would be nice if they built a parking garage rather than a surface lot.

Hell, while we are dreaming let's make the first floor of the parking structure be retail.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #832 on: October 13, 2016, 02:06:52 pm »

I know this is too much to hope for, but it sure would be nice if they built a parking garage rather than a surface lot.

Hell, while we are dreaming let's make the first floor of the parking structure be retail.

Why not just build a single story shallow building in front of the lot (king of like the Fairfield)? I'm sure there are a ton of people looking for small spaces anyway.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #833 on: October 13, 2016, 02:09:46 pm »

They'll purty up the surface parking lot with poles...with lights!  They really break up the space.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #834 on: October 13, 2016, 03:21:20 pm »

Casa Laredo is closing
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #835 on: October 13, 2016, 03:26:23 pm »

Casa Laredo is closing

It was quiet as a morgue anytime we ate dinner there which were non-show nights so I didn’t expect it to be overly busy but it made you wonder.  Were they doing very good lunch business?

Dspike
Activist

« Reply #836 on: October 13, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

Update on Residence Inn progress. Walls started going up this week. Here's what it looks like today:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:14:39 pm by Dspike » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #837 on: October 13, 2016, 05:45:47 pm »

Does the Residence Inn go all the way to the corner of 5th & Denver?

Dspike
Activist

« Reply #838 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:37 am »

Yes, I believe so. The concrete slab definitely reaches the entire block.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #839 on: October 14, 2016, 09:37:28 am »

This morning, I noticed Hampton Lumber being used to construct the new Marriott at 5th & Cheyenne.  Smiley

The loggers, truck drivers, rail workers, and mills of the PNW say thank you for using our lumber.

http://www.hamptonaffiliates.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=124
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org