A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:35:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076662 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #750 on: August 24, 2016, 11:35:37 am »

Now that unlocks the old Homeland space as a development opportunity for downtown.

I feel that would be more likely if something was done across Denver
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #751 on: August 25, 2016, 08:10:35 am »

Downtown Reasors update

http://www.newson6.com/story/32838650/plans-for-downtown-tulsa-reasors-moving-forward

blah blah..  "Indianapolis-based Flaherty and Collins will unveil these new plans to the PAC Trust Thursday afternoon"
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #752 on: August 25, 2016, 11:07:24 am »

Downtown Reasors update

http://www.newson6.com/story/32838650/plans-for-downtown-tulsa-reasors-moving-forward

blah blah..  "Indianapolis-based Flaherty and Collins will unveil these new plans to the PAC Trust Thursday afternoon"

Good news that this is still moving forward and even better news that Reasor’s appears officially on board.  Even with all the usually caveats about believing in a downtown development when dirt starts getting moved, this level of progress towards a real downtown grocery store would normally light up this board.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #753 on: August 25, 2016, 11:56:15 am »

Good news that this is still moving forward and even better news that Reasor’s appears officially on board.  Even with all the usually caveats about believing in a downtown development when dirt starts getting moved, this level of progress towards a real downtown grocery store would normally light up this board.

I think, given the history of announced development, this board lives by the Missouri motto.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #754 on: August 25, 2016, 11:57:58 am »

I bet people are a bit burned out on grocery store downtown news. Reasors being officially involved and recognizing the new residents will create a new demand for a grocery store is what caught my attention.

Still probably 2+ years from being a reality (which sucks), but at least there will be 2 new donut places soon to go downtown to go along with existing Daylight Donuts which will go quite nicely with the 5+ pizza places. Also 2 new ramen places.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #755 on: August 25, 2016, 01:34:42 pm »

I bet people are a bit burned out on grocery store downtown news. Reasors being officially involved and recognizing the new residents will create a new demand for a grocery store is what caught my attention.

Still probably 2+ years from being a reality (which sucks), but at least there will be 2 new donut places soon to go downtown to go along with existing Daylight Donuts which will go quite nicely with the 5+ pizza places. Also 2 new ramen places.

And we wonder why there is an obesity epidemic...

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #756 on: August 25, 2016, 01:51:53 pm »

5+ pizza places.

Bohemian
Domino's
Hey Mambo
Joe Momma's (coming soon)
Mazzio's
STG
Elgin Park (not yet open - thanks hello)

edit:  this was originally a "what's pizzeria number 5?" post.
Decided to use the Google..  found #5 and #6
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:08:51 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2016, 02:00:33 pm »

And we wonder why there is an obesity epidemic...

High fructose corn syrup.

Added to the changes that wheat has gone through in the last 45 or so years.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #758 on: August 25, 2016, 02:01:22 pm »

Plus Elgin Park

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #759 on: August 25, 2016, 02:44:29 pm »

I included the caveats about waiting to see dirt moving and I get people being burned out by discussing how we need/want a grocery store downtown, but this is the first real serious proposal that has a known grocery store brand included.  In light of the gloomy economic overlay, keeping this project moving forward is news and a good thing.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #760 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »

Bohemian
Domino's
Hey Mambo
Joe Momma's (coming soon)
Mazzio's
STG
Elgin Park (not yet open - thanks hello)

edit:  this was originally a "what's pizzeria number 5?" post.
Decided to use the Google..  found #5 and #6

And Naples Flatbread. So that is 8! I didn't consider Elgin Park and had forgotten about Domino's but "5+" is still accurate  Wink
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #761 on: August 25, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Are there any new renderings from today's announcement?  Crossing my fingers this and Santa Fe Square make it out of ground by this time next year.

saintnicster
« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2016, 11:50:12 pm »

Santa Fe Square make it out of ground by this time next year.

Lol, that'll be the day.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #763 on: August 26, 2016, 07:43:27 am »

Lol, that'll be the day.

Why wouldn't it?
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #764 on: August 26, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

Are there any new renderings from today's announcement?  Crossing my fingers this and Santa Fe Square make it out of ground by this time next year.

Yes, in today's article about it: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/developer-reasor-s-unveil-more-details-of-planned-downtown-grocery/article_950a9ecc-fd8b-5d25-b0d6-b6b0460705f0.html

Developer, Reasor's unveil more details of planned downtown grocery store, mixed-use project
New apartments, retail and a restaurant are also part of the proposed project

A developer and Reasor’s officials gave Tulsa Performing Arts Center Trust board members a preview of what a downtown grocery store could look like and how it could change the fabric of downtown Tulsa during a Thursday meeting.
Flaherty & Collins, an Indianapolis-based developer, wants to build a mixed-use development called the “Annex” at the performing arts center’s parking lot, an area hemmed by Cincinnati and Detroit avenues and Second and Third streets.
Renderings show a 12-story building with ground floor retail next to what would potentially be the Reasor’s. The building would have 312 beds and 240 units of apartments.
The meeting was another step in what has been an almost two-year process. Ryan Cronk of Flaherty & Collins said his company specializes in public-private partnerships, looking for unique situations where there’s a need for their type of development.
Cronk, in a presentation to the board and assembled members of the public, explained that people are “moving back into the urban core” and that large corporations are moving back into downtown to be near their workers.
“A grocery store is what all residents want,” said Cronk.
The project would also feature a multi-story parking garage with 636 spaces. Shoppers would be able to present a receipt and park for free.
Millennials are renting much longer and want to live an urban area, Cronk said. Corporations are following them, and urban areas are seeing a need for a grocery store.
It would be a Reasor’s store “unlike any other” in the market, he said, noting that urban format grocery stores are quite different than a typical suburban store.
A potential move to downtown would be another pivot from Reasor’s, which prides itself on using its smaller size and local roots to outmaneuver larger competitors such as Wal-Mart. It’s also another move toward upscale after it unveiled a revamped 50,000-square-foot Reasor’s in Brookside last summer.
Brent Edstrom, COO of Reasor’s, said the store would get a chance to learn from its Brookside location and its restaurant. The timeline of the project would give them to work out the “kinks” they’re experiencing in Brookside.
Edstrom said in an interview with the World that it’s not definite that Reasor’s is coming downtown. It depends on the approval of the plan, he said.
It’s a unique project but not unlike developments Flaherty & Collins have done in other larger cities. In Indianapolis, they developed a Marsh supermarket on the bottom of hundreds of apartments.
According to their website, they’re developing another grocery store-anchored mixed use project in Indianapolis that will feature a Whole Foods Market.
There would also be room for a 6,000-square-foot restaurant and 8,000 square feet of additional retail space.
If the PAC Trust board approves the plan and the developer secures a Tax Increment Financing district from the city of Tulsa, downtown Tulsa would gain its sought-after grocery store. Interest and demand for such a store has steadily risen as construction of residential units downtown has ticked up over the past five years.
According to real estate firm CBRE, there are about 6,000 permanent residents in downtown Tulsa with about 1,000 more beds under construction.
Commercial real estate experts say a grocery store is a key step in order for downtown to gain a critical mass of retail.
The board members could vote on accepting the proposal and then move forward with agreeing to a contract at their next meeting in September.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org