A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076816 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:45 pm »

The Parker Drilling Building (61,000 sq ft) and you can get about 11 floors at an average of 5k sqft a floor
Corner of 6th and Boston could probably be purchased.
302 S Boston has 31,838 SF available
Midco building has 13,500 sqft available.
Williams tower has 36,000 sqft available

But other than that 142,000 sqft of empty space there is nothing.  Not including the Tulsa club obviously.

Just found out sharp sold the 522 S BOSTON AVE in January of this year.

As I recall, most of the available space downtown is Class C space. 
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2015, 12:44:03 pm »

That is not much as at all. If China's economy doesn't tank and oil recovers as expected, we will need a lot more office space downtown very soon.

That may depend in part on the outcome of the Williams auction.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2015, 12:58:11 pm »

As I recall, most of the available space downtown is Class C space.  

You are right that it isn't the best space.  You would think renovating the space would be more efficient than building an entirely new building.  Now the rub on that is the tenants don't own the building.  So its on the owner to give reduced rates or pay for the renovations.  Things like the Cimarex building I'm all for.  Its just the office buildings over by blue dome getting built.  I think it would be nice to have some retail space over there in about 1-2 years.  But instead we are going to have office buildings on prime real estate in an entertainment district for decades.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:09 pm »

You are right that it isn't the best space.  You would think renovating the space would be more efficient than building an entirely new building.  Now the rub on that is the tenants don't own the building.  So its on the owner to give reduced rates or pay for the renovations.  Things like the Cimarex building I'm all for.  Its just the office buildings over by blue dome getting built.  I think it would be nice to have some retail space over there in about 1-2 years.  But instead we are going to have office buildings on prime real estate in an entertainment district for decades.

The floor plates are bad for the latest version of the modern office.  To start moving them around leads to a near never-ending spiral of updates ranging from abatement to sprinkler systems to ADA concerns.  Based on current land and construction costs much easier to build 40,000 ft than it is to renovate the same or less.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2015, 01:42:27 pm »

Uh, jerbs er what feeds erterternment & rerterl distercts.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »

Keep in mind, these new buildings are (mostly) replacing surface parking lots. I'll take an office building with first-floor retail any day over a surface parking lot. Even those that don't have ground-floor retail space have the potential to build out that space in the future.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »

The City is adding more back-in angled parking in downtown by the end of August. Where? Along the east side of Cincinnati from 4th to 8th Streets, and in the Blue Dome and Brady Districts.

This is a smart move.
Fox 23 article on Back-in Parking

I agree.  North Boulder Ave between Cameron and Easton has tons of space for angled parking.  It's about 56 feet between curbs.

Ninth Street between Boulder and Elgin could have angled parking.  There's no need for two moving vehicular lanes in each direction on Ninth.  Same for Main between Sixth and Tenth...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2015, 09:37:14 pm »

That may depend in part on the outcome of the Williams auction.

I would imagine Williams would still have a sizable Tulsa operation even if merged with ETE or KinderMorgan.  Hopefully they can stay independent though.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2015, 07:07:04 am »

When is Boulder Ave going to be changed to two-way? The current configuration is dumb now that there is a two way bridge at First St.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:14 am »

Noticed the new "East Village" signs on stop signs downtown this weekend.  Didn't fully realize how close that "districts" boundaries came to the Blue Dome "District."  Will be interesting to see how the "sunny side of downtown" develops.  Lots of air quotes in this post.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:26 am »

What companies are erecting new office buildings downtown?  The only ones I'm aware of in recent years are Cimarex, KOTV, and Hogan.  Did I miss some announcements?
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »

What companies are erecting new office buildings downtown?  The only ones I'm aware of in recent years are Cimarex, KOTV, and Hogan.  Did I miss some announcements?

Not sure who.  1st and Greenwood has a new office building and the building next to Legends is getting converted into offices from what I understand.  That space would have made a great brew pub Sad Wish we had somebody big enough to grab it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »

That building is being renovated into office for the Ross Group.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »

That building is being renovated into office for the Ross Group.

Its going to do wonders for the blue dome restaurants during lunch.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2015, 02:24:49 pm »

Its going to do wonders for the blue dome restaurants during lunch.

Between them, Hogan, and the hundreds of residents who will be moving into the apartments, demand for food is going to increase pretty strongly, including dinner crowds.  Hopefully the new residents will make a grocery store viable too.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org