A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076627 times)
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2015, 07:08:39 am »

This is pretty incredible. I remember when someone on here pointed out that we were getting four straight blocks of construction from the Ubran 8 to GreenArch II. Now that's five straight blocks with the addition of #18; we have a second four block span from #12 to #21; and we almost have an east/west four-block span from #18 to #20; and we have all four corners of the intersection of 4th & Frankfurt.

And the planned (1, 2, 5, 6, 8 ), rumored (3), recently completed (GreenArch I), and underway (7) projects on Archer stretch seven blocks!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:24 am »

When I saw the story on the box yard break yesterday, I was afraid it was another development like the proposed truck yard for the River West Festival park by an out of state developer.  I’m thrilled to hear it’s locally-based, and I like the opportunity it will provide for small retailers. 

Think how much different downtown might look right now if Elliot Nelson hadn’t taken an interest in it and taken all the risks he has.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cbs
Citizen

« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2015, 07:46:37 am »

Can we all take a moment to reflect on this fantastic time in downtown Tulsa development? I grew up in this city when all my friends wanted to leave town because it "wasn't cool" and downtown was an empty wasteland. I'm so excited for our future as a Midwest/Southwest/South/whatever leader. Remember when it seemed like every few months another major company pulled their offices out of Tulsa? I think we're about to see a new age of companies bringing their businesses back into Tulsa. Cheers!
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2015, 07:50:45 am »

Here's an unmasked version of the Santa Fe Square rendering:

I really like the arcade / colonnade they've got along the east wall, and the whole interior plaza looks like a really nice place to be on foot.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:54:35 am by dsjeffries » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2015, 09:19:17 am »

That's so cool.  Love infill taking over surface lots.  Downtown is really coming together.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:39 am »

That Santa Fe Square rendering is awesome. Sometimes walking in the Brady/Blue Dome is miserable because the trees that are there provide no shade and there aren't any awnings. Not fun when the sun is beating down.

Very excited for all the developments in Downtown  Grin

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2015, 01:46:35 pm »

Can we all take a moment to reflect on this fantastic time in downtown Tulsa development? I grew up in this city when all my friends wanted to leave town because it "wasn't cool" and downtown was an empty wasteland. I'm so excited for our future as a Midwest/Southwest/South/whatever leader. Remember when it seemed like every few months another major company pulled their offices out of Tulsa? I think we're about to see a new age of companies bringing their businesses back into Tulsa. Cheers!

Indeed.

I've been working downtown since 2000, and the transformation is really unbelievable.

My only regret is that all of this didn't start in the mid 1990s... but better late than never I guess.  Smiley
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2015, 03:06:51 pm »

Indeed.

I've been working downtown since 2000, and the transformation is really unbelievable.

My only regret is that all of this didn't start in the mid 1990s... but better late than never I guess.  Smiley

Meh, it gives us the opportunity to learn from OKC’s mistakes so we can talk about how much cooler our downtown is once it’s all said and done.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2015, 03:20:36 pm »

Meh, it gives us the opportunity to learn from OKC’s mistakes so we can talk about how much cooler our downtown is once it’s all said and done.  Wink

You mean our children's children will be able to talk about how much cooler our downtown is once it’s all said and done. 
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »

You mean our children's children will be able to talk about how much cooler our downtown is once it’s all said and done. 

I have no kids, even grown ones.  I guess I'm doomed.

Grin

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »

The arcade is excellent.  Hopefully something like that really does get built.  Looks like something I would have designed myself.  Those kinds of spaces connected right by other areas with some more shops/restaurants that are also pedestrian friendly can indeed become the kind of lively commercial corridor/transit destinations that I hope will happen in our downtown.  Really keeping fingers crossed for this one.

This weekend was with a group of friends who were at DECOPOLIS at 6th and Boston and we all then went to the Rusty Crane.  They suggested we walk!  I was happily surprised.  Then after dinner we all walked over to the 3rd Street East End area, and then later walked back to DECOPOLIS. Very enjoyable evening, nobody minded the walk, was neat to see the development already underway and imagining how that in itself would improve the walk and what may be coming in the near future will really begin to make downtown feel like a great place to be.  Last several times I have been able to get out and about downtown am really amazed at the crowds, not just in one area, but in many areas at the same time.  And its nice to already see people beginning to "park once" and spend the rest of the day on foot going to different areas of downtown.  

Frankly If most of the proposed developments happen downtown, I think our downtown will indeed surpass OKC's and that could be in just a few years not decades.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:05:14 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2015, 07:10:22 am »

Nice map, good work

Hellzyea!
So exciting.

Any plans for the Nordam site?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:48 am »

Any plans for the Nordam site?

Would Nordam ever want to move its HQ and engineering work downtown?  I realize a lot of their operation is manufacturing-based which is likely why they're currently located at the Cherokee Industrial Park.  A new corporate office spanning a couple of those blocks would really help anchor the south end of this district.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:18:00 am by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:10 am »

Is All Souls no longer planning a move to the 6th & Frankfort site just south of #21?  I hadn't heard anything about that proposal in awhile but it sounded great because it would occupy that vacant grassy lot and the parking lot across the street.  

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2015, 11:03:00 am »

Would Nordam ever want to move its HQ and engineering work downtown?  I realize a lot of their operation is manufacturing-based which is likely why they're currently located at the Cherokee Industrial Park.  A new corporate office spanning a couple of those blocks would really help anchor the south end of this district.

I'm referring to these buildings east of "project 21"...isn't this the old Nordam?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org