A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:47 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076768 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 10:04:04 pm »

Does Fenway ruin Boston?

Fenway was not downtown when it was built.  Bad analogy.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 07:11:21 am »

Rumor has it there is a large mixed-use project in talks to be built here. Office building (probably 200,000 sq. ft. or more) would go at the SWC of the parking lot @ 2nd/Elgin. Rest would be multi-family (ARG) and would build 600-700 units in phases with the first one being about 250 units. I personally haven't seen the renderings (I know people who have), but it wouldn't surprise me if this is further along than many people think. I've heard rumors the Laredo has been sniffing around for a new site downtown because they are extremely tired of dealing with Kanbar. I've also heard that Reasors is working on an urban concept store for either this site or for the Synder's Hartford building redevelopment.

The Hartford Building has been the grocery store site from what I've heard.  Even with that opening, I still think the CBD/Deco District can support a bodega style grocery or two.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:04 am »

Rumor has it there is a large mixed-use project in talks to be built here. Office building (probably 200,000 sq. ft. or more) would go at the SWC of the parking lot @ 2nd/Elgin. Rest would be multi-family (ARG) and would build 600-700 units in phases with the first one being about 250 units. I personally haven't seen the renderings (I know people who have), but it wouldn't surprise me if this is further along than many people think. I've heard rumors the Laredo has been sniffing around for a new site downtown because they are extremely tired of dealing with Kanbar. I've also heard that Reasors is working on an urban concept store for either this site or for the Synder's Hartford building redevelopment.

With life completely surrounding it, I wouldn't mind seeing another Guthrie Green style park go in there, but maybe I'm getting greedy because I really love Guthrie Green.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 10:34:27 am »

Anyone know the status of this building on the corner of 1st & Elgin?  I think it would be perfect for a grocery store. 

There's a tarp on part of the roof so it seems to be in need of work anyway.  It might be the most underutilized space in downtown.  You would think the property value is high enough now to entice the owner to sell or redevelop.  It can't be bringing in much income if its just storing lightbulbs.
saintnicster
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 10:49:39 am »

You would think the property value is high enough now to entice the owner to sell or redevelop. 
Not really.  See - First Street Lofts as an example Sad
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:54 am »

Not really.  See - First Street Lofts as an example Sad

I've wondered if Sager has concerns of jail time if he does anything with that building but pretend to be working on it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 04:24:20 pm »

I'd like to see a developer continue Frankfort through the block, but close it to cars. It would help connect the two sides of the district and could have a cool atmosphere with outdoor patios, seating, etc.

Great idea especially if there is residential on both sides.  It could almost be like an alley but with pavers and trees.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2015, 10:08:07 am »

Fenway was not downtown when it was built.  Bad analogy.

Lol...Wut....Where do you come up with this $hit......

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 07:04:58 pm »

Lol...Wut....Where do you come up with this $hit......

Somewhere you have never experienced - in search of knowledge....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 12:03:10 pm »

Look something like this? Wink

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »

Wow. Thanks

Any renderings of the AMR project by Oneok hidden anywhere?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »

That is pretty cool, too bad Frankfort doesn't cut through but overall a nice plan.  Hopefully the Elgin and 2nd frontage will have retail space in the office building.  Keep Elgin the focus for additional retail/restaurant/entertainment options as we see more infill in that area and towards 5th.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2015, 01:03:32 pm »

That is pretty cool, too bad Frankfort doesn't cut through but overall a nice plan.  Hopefully the Elgin and 2nd frontage will have retail space in the office building.  Keep Elgin the focus for additional retail/restaurant/entertainment options as we see more infill in that area and towards 5th.

I like that it hides the parking garage inside the residential sections. Even if a lot of the street frontage isn't retail, at least it's residential and not just the dead blank wall of a parking garage.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »

That rendering looks great.  I kind of like where you can look down a street and see a building at the end, aka Boston Ave, makes it feel more urban and big city like, but I also like that they have given you two pedestrian corridors to still go through to the street on the other side without having to go too far around.  Oh, and the fountain at the end of Frankfort to add a nice end of street view is a a nice touch. If that corner spot were up in the next year or two I might be fighting for it as a place to expand DECOPOLIS.  

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:51:23 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 08:30:40 am »

That rendering looks great.  I kind of like where you can look down a street and see a building at the end, aka Boston Ave, makes it feel more urban and big city like, but I also like that they have given you two pedestrian corridors to still go through to the street on the other side without having to go too far around.  Oh, and the fountain at the end of Frankfort to add a nice end of street view is a a nice touch. If that corner spot were up in the next year or two I might be fighting for it as a place to expand DECOPOLIS.  

It looks like outdoor seating next to that fountain the rendering.  So maybe there are a couple retail spaces on 2nd around this small "plaza" at Frankfort next to Lee's.  Elgin and Greenwood should definitely both have retail frontage.

Honestly if this project is built like shown it will completely change the entire feel of the Blue Dome.  That is a massive hole that would be filled with a lot of new residents a couple hundred office workers along with the new retail and enhanced streetscapes along Elgin, 1st, 2nd and Greenwood.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org