A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:57:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1083168 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #990 on: January 28, 2017, 08:45:55 am »

I wonder if Old School Bagel would be interested in a downtown location?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/downtown-tulsa-einstein-bros-bagels-moving-to-broken-arrow/article_331a08a9-0de4-56d2-9917-8106ae9ad372.html#user-comment-area

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #991 on: January 28, 2017, 11:51:56 am »

I wasn't sure, so I made a map last night to visual how much has been done.  I tried to include new projects that are completed, significant remodels (downtown a significant remodel is as important as new development), as well as announced projects that look like they are very likely to happen.  I added green squares in the government projects, in case we wanted to discount those.  It certainly looks like we are approaching 10 blocks, and I'm sure I've missed some.

I was going to label them, but my wife insisted I hate "wasted"  (wasted!) enough time.  I mean, I do what I want but thought it would be fun to see if people could label them all.  Numbering runs right to left starting at the top (Brady District). And go...

Always helpful to have an up-to-date downtown development map. Can we label these? I'll give it a shot and others can fill in the blanks (or correct me where I make a mistake).

1. OKPop
2. Inner Circle Vodka
3. Davenport Lofts
4. KOTV
5. John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park
6. Parking garage
7. Hanson Bros. Brewery
8. Universal Ford/36 Degrees North
9. Guthrie Green
11. KSQ/Elgin Park Brewpub
12. OneOk Field
14. Fairfield Inn
15. Woody Guthrie/108/Philbrook (really different projects, right?)
16. AHHA
17. Kaiser/Magic City books thing. (is there a better name for this?)
18. Rusty Crane
20. Metro at Brady
21. A parking garage?
22. Holiday Inn Express
23. GreenArch
24. GrennArch Phase II (this seems less imminent than The View, which isn't illustrated on the map.)
26. 101 Boulder
27. RibCrib
28. First Street Lofts
29. El Guapo's?
30. Joe Mama's/Boomtown/White Flag
31. Santa Fe Sq.
On the map but unnumbered: Hogan Assessments
Should be illustrated: Albert G's.

OK that's as far as I gan go in one sitting. Take it away!
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #992 on: January 30, 2017, 08:05:21 am »

Wow! Thanks cannon_fodder!
That's pretty impressive to see all together.
It's amazing how much work has been done and suprising how much work is left to be done.

Tulsasaurus Rex,
I think 25 is the North Parking Garage expansion .
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #993 on: January 30, 2017, 08:29:58 am »

I consider this area downtown.  Big news for the neighborhood!  I've always thought that spot would be cool for a shotgun bar type place.  This is even better.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #994 on: January 30, 2017, 08:33:06 am »

I consider this area downtown.  Big news for the neighborhood!  I've always thought that spot would be cool for a shotgun bar type place.  This is even better.

Wow, that's great news.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #995 on: January 30, 2017, 09:00:44 am »

Back to the map and labeling, some guesses

10. Living Arts Tulsa
17. The Archer Building is what I've seen it referred to.
21. Tribune Lofts/Parking?
25. The garage with the Brady district banner
32. One Place Tower (Cimarex, Naples, Pinkitzel, All About Cha, a bunch of other businesses)?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #996 on: January 30, 2017, 09:15:20 am »

Kudos guys!

I will find time to add The View and Albert G's (as well as Number Hogan Assessment).  In my head, #24 was The View (which just broke ground I think), but I stuck it in the wrong place and it works OK too.  I was operating from memory so cut me some slack!

Anything else we need to add?  I guess I could have expanded it and included the OSU Tulsa buildings, but I kept it within the IDL.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #997 on: January 30, 2017, 09:16:59 am »

Wow, that's great news.

American Solera named Best New Brewery in the United States, and placed 2nd in the world:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/whattheale/american-solera-named-best-new-brewery-in-u-s-announces/article_38bd9dcb-5a97-546d-b84a-3e15ac065025.html

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #998 on: January 30, 2017, 11:26:21 am »

Had a bunch of numbers added, but apparently I closed out of the tab. That sucks for me.

Most of the rest of the list is pretty much spottable from Google at least.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #999 on: January 30, 2017, 11:43:37 am »

Happy about that location. I can make a beer run and stagger the few blocks home if necessary. I have always thought that stretch along the path would be more developed by now.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1000 on: January 30, 2017, 12:01:10 pm »

I have yet to drink anything by American Solera.  Are these more of the funky sours and other odd beers Chase was doing when he owned Prairie or more mainstream?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1001 on: January 30, 2017, 01:05:03 pm »

I have yet to drink anything by American Solera.  Are these more of the funky sours and other odd beers Chase was doing when he owned Prairie or more mainstream?

mostly funky stuff from what I have seen.  The two listed in the blog at the moment:

Tripel ale aged in whiskey and cognac barrels for 18 months and then 1 year bottle conditions. ABV 15%

English Barleywine aged in bourbon barrels for 18 months then 1 year conditioning. 13%.

Beer advocate lists various wild ales, fruity concoctions (which might be sours?), Imperials, and a few Saisons.  I've had some more normal stuff - farmhouse ales and pilsners, but I think they are concentrating on beer that grabs attention from those far cooler than me.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/46299/

https://americansolera.com/blogs/news

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #1002 on: January 31, 2017, 09:47:35 am »

Hold up... I've been out of town for awhile.  Did you say that The View over by the baseball stadium has finally broken ground? 

I also saw on the TDA website that the long delayed Flats on Archer over by Hey Mambo, which is supposed to be finally moving forward, just asked the TDA for a $750,000 loan.  That project may be back on the struggle bus. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1003 on: January 31, 2017, 11:11:00 am »

Hold up... I've been out of town for awhile.  Did you say that The View over by the baseball stadium has finally broken ground? 

I also saw on the TDA website that the long delayed Flats on Archer over by Hey Mambo, which is supposed to be finally moving forward, just asked the TDA for a $750,000 loan.  That project may be back on the struggle bus. 

I heard earlier this week from a subcontractor slated to work on the Flats on Archer that it is in for permit review and should be starting within the next couple months.  That one has really struggled so it wouldn't surprise me if it's delayed again though. 

That would be great for Brady to get these two projects rolling and get a final decision on the TDA lot at Elgin & Archer so that can get moving as well.  Small infill projects like these continue to slowly rebuild and transform the urban fabric of downtown. 

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1004 on: January 31, 2017, 11:32:39 am »

I think I saw some site work going on at the View the last time I drove by. Happy to stand corrected, but that's what my brain is telling me.  Someone confirm?

Online, they updated the apartment listing 2 weeks ago.  It reads "built in 2018,"  so if that indicates they intend to accept residents in 2018, ground breaking should be soon anyway.

CBRE lists retail there "under construction/proposed" at $22/sq.  For whatever that's worth.

The permit was issued long ago and is still open.  I was unable to confirm anything on the website for either the View or American Residential Group. Clearly the View website stating "Welcome to our VIP Priority Reservation List. The View is slated to be opening in Late 2016 with Occupancy in Early 2017" is no longer accurate.  But I had always heard the rumor of an idea to finish the Edge and then get started on the View, and delays in large projects are never surprising. Someone could just put a call into them I suppose. (918) 748-8636

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org