A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:48:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1089628 times)
johrasephoenix
« Reply #960 on: December 18, 2016, 06:02:15 pm »

Awesome.  I think Coliseum / Y- Lofts / Vandever Lofts have shown that if you price housing reasonably downtown it will rent up in approximately 2 seconds.  And most people don't need plated gold toilet seats, they just want to live downtown.   
saintnicster
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2016, 06:46:39 pm »

Santa Fe Square is going to be turning dirt next week. And they're reconfiguring the apartments to make them more affordable.

http://www.newson6.com/story/34077095/steps-being-taken-on-massive-downtown-tulsa-development

>  The more than 200 apartments will most likely be changing from the original design. American Residential said it’s exploring a more contemporary look and trying to find a way to make them more affordable than other options downtown.

No guarantees yet.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »

If the YMCA can keep their $500 price point, they will have a waiting list.

Power is nothing till you use it.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #963 on: December 19, 2016, 07:43:06 am »

Awesome.  I think Coliseum / Y- Lofts / Vandever Lofts have shown that if you price housing reasonably downtown it will rent up in approximately 2 seconds.  And most people don't need plated gold toilet seats, they just want to live downtown.   

If you are developer, and you do rent up in moments, are you not then thinking you were under priced?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #964 on: December 19, 2016, 10:32:31 am »

Santa Fe Square thread:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21117.0

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #965 on: January 04, 2017, 10:19:02 am »

Quote from: KOTV
New Commercial Development Planned Next To Tulsa's ONEOK Field

Tulsa-based Ross Group has released details of a new downtown development for what is now an empty lot across from ONEOK Field.
According to the developer, the first phase would be a five-story building with the first floor for retail and commercial space.  Floors two through five would be office space.

The Ross Group tells News On 6, phase two of the project will depend on market need but they hope for 2 to 3 of mixed-use development.

The Pine Place development has also submitted a proposal for office space and a parking garage.

Tulsa's Development Authority is set to discuss both proposals Thursday at its meeting.

http://www.newson6.com/story/34179098/new-commercial-development-planned-next-to-tulsas-oneok-field

Anyone know what's going on here?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #966 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:03 am »

I believe TDA acquired the land as part of the ONEOK Field deal... they put a RFP out on it a while back and received two initial proposals 1) a private development and 2) the OKPOP Museum.  The museum is off the table, and Ross Group has now stepped up with another proposal.  They two proposals will be discussed by TDA next week I think.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #967 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:57 am »

Wasn't that lot supposed to be a Patel hotel a few years ago?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #968 on: January 04, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »

The Ross Group is on fire!  Great to see these developer/builders step up to the plate like we've seen the past few years. 

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #969 on: January 04, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »

The Ross Group is on fire!  Great to see these developer/builders step up to the plate like we've seen the past few years. 

Yes, and personally I'm hoping their first experience in Bartlesville went well enough that they would consider coming back. The product they produce is certainly top notch.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #970 on: January 07, 2017, 01:08:44 am »

Anyone know how the TDA meeting went Thursday?  They were either going to award to one of the two proposals or decide to reissue the RFP.  I personally think the Ross Group proposal is the clear winner and has the best chance of actually getting built but this is the TDA after all...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #971 on: January 09, 2017, 10:12:47 am »

Anyone know how the TDA meeting went Thursday?  They were either going to award to one of the two proposals or decide to reissue the RFP.  I personally think the Ross Group proposal is the clear winner and has the best chance of actually getting built but this is the TDA after all...

I did not hear what happened and found no news stories.  Here is the agenda:
http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/1-5-2017-TDA-Agenda.pdf

The minutes will be posted here after the next meeting:
http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/documents/

My guess would be that each project gave its presentation and nothing exciting happened...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #972 on: January 09, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

Anyone know how the TDA meeting went Thursday?

According to the Tulsa World,

"... travel issues prevented principals from Tulsa-based Ross Group and Houston-based Pine Place Development from presenting their proposals Thursday ... Both companies ... are expected to be on next month’s agenda."

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:15:43 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #973 on: January 09, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »

Shenanigans!

Ross Group HQ is all o two blocks away from City Hall.  The other entity is either using someone local to do the presentation or would have flown in --- and I didn't hear about significant cancellations in TUL.  0.2 inches of snow prevented a development meeting?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
saintnicster
« Reply #974 on: January 09, 2017, 01:27:13 pm »

Shenanigans!

Ross Group HQ is all o two blocks away from City Hall.  The other entity is either using someone local to do the presentation or would have flown in --- and I didn't hear about significant cancellations in TUL.  0.2 inches of snow prevented a development meeting?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org