A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:19:10 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing Huh?  (Read 42121 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 11:13:13 am »

I need a beer and a shower after stepping into the infowars conspiracy theory rabbit hole on this. The collective thought is that it's part of a military drill that is actually a strike against hostile states in the US and the stores, all near railroads are being turned into FEMA camps.

http://www.infowars.com/weird-nationwide-walmart-closures-spark-conspiracy-theories/

http://www.truthandaction.org/operation-jade-helm-massive-military-drill-across-7-states-unconventional-warfare/

My head just imploded from all the craziness...........

Alex Jones is a few beers shy of a six pack.  About six.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 11:13:18 am »

Sure..convenient for those of you who live far away from it.   Wink

Seemed like every weekend I was hearing the Po-Po whirlies overhead at all hours.

That was part of the reason I quit shopping there. I think at one time TPD had reserved parking spaces near the doors for their frequent visits. It's also the only one that I can remember that had security cruising the parking lot 24/7.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 11:33:42 am »

That was part of the reason I quit shopping there. I think at one time TPD had reserved parking spaces near the doors for their frequent visits. It's also the only one that I can remember that had security cruising the parking lot 24/7.

Yep.  When I go to lunch I might drive by there and see what's up.  They said they were going to close at 7 last night but this morning on the news they said they were closing it this morning.  Wonder which it was?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:14 pm »

From what I heard, the "plumbing" issues under the stores were after these guys were spotted coming out:

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:39 pm »

I hate to see this happen. This store was good for concentrating parking lot crime all in one area.  Talk about convenience!  I guess that means that will be spreading out to other areas now.

There was a news story a few months back about the unusually high numbers of TPD call-outs to this store.

I read somewhere (prior to the announcement of closing) that TPD was called to the location 200 times a month.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 12:17:59 pm »

I read somewhere (prior to the announcement of closing) that TPD was called to the location 200 times a month.

That wouldn't be a surprise...

I did drive through about 10 minutes ago.  About 40 cars in the parking lot; didn't appear to be any shoppers.  The Murphy's is still open (I'm guessing it will remain open for now).  I did notice, however, some employees carrying boxes and other items outside.  And three TPD cruisers parked in front of the north entrance doors.  Not sure why.  Will be interesting to see the news tonight.

They didn't take long to take the page for this store down off their site.

http://www.walmart.com/store/576/details
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:19:42 pm by Hoss » Logged

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 12:30:28 pm »

Any odds on the South Lewis store springing mysterious leaks?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 12:37:38 pm »

That one's nasty too..I always thought that one was worse until I went to the one on 68th and Memorial.  Wow.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »

And three TPD cruisers parked in front of the north entrance doors.  Not sure why.  

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »

It seems Wally World is having issues with more than plumbing. They are pressuring suppliers to cut the cost they sell items to Walmart so they can compete with Costco, Kroger, and others,  by getting suppliers to eliminate all of their senseless print advertising and pass the saving to Walmart.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2015/04/11/walmarts-back-basics-strategy-may-squeeze-pg-suppliers/25632645/

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2015/04/01/wal-marts-supplier-negotiations-not-about-wal-mart-theyre-about-newspapers/
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »

That store actually has a higher the one on Admiral

I know someone who got accosted in the parking lot, police wanted security camera footage. WM said the cameras didn't actually work.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 09:00:01 am »

An enormous amount of merchandise was walking out of this store on a daily basis...Hence the closure......

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2015, 10:36:21 am »

An enormous amount of merchandise was walking out of this store on a daily basis...Hence the closure......

That's why the whole "Plumbing" thing is laughable. Just come out and say it. We picked a horrible location in your city. So here's you a gigantic store that we'll let sit empty for 5 plus years. Thank you for shopping at Wal Mart.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 10:39:33 am »

That's why the whole "Plumbing" thing is laughable. Just come out and say it. We picked a horrible location in your city. So here's you a gigantic store that we'll let sit empty for 5 plus years. Thank you for shopping at Wal Mart.

Not defending WalMart, but when that store was built, it was a decent area as I lived just down the street.  My neighborhood is still decent.  Just goes to show you what happens to a neighborhood when a Walmart moves in.  Look at the one at 68th and Memorial now..

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 11:25:50 am »

Not defending WalMart, but when that store was built, it was a decent area as I lived just down the street.  My neighborhood is still decent.  Just goes to show you what happens to a neighborhood when a Walmart moves in.  Look at the one at 68th and Memorial now..

With the Mexican flea market one mile to the East doesn't help either. Let alone the sketchy apartment complex across from the old Wal Mart at the traffic circle.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org