A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:49:50 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing Huh?  (Read 42793 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 08:48:34 pm »

If that's the case, that puts it in Rogers County and maybe not in Catoosa city limits. Something Walmart has been know to do to find cheaper sales taxes.

Then they're not doing it right.  Tulsa effective sales tax is 8.517 percent.  Catoosa sales tax is 9.583.

Ouch.  Rogers County sales tax is almost a full penny higher than Tulsa.

http://www.sale-tax.com/CatoosaOK

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:50:16 pm »

Then they're not doing it right.  Tulsa effective sales tax is 8.517 percent.  Catoosa sales tax is 9.583.

Ouch.  Rogers County sales tax is almost a full penny higher than Tulsa.

http://www.sale-tax.com/CatoosaOK

My bad, thought it might be less. Cheaper property taxes or sweet heart deal with the tribe?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »

My bad, thought it might be less. Cheaper property taxes or sweet heart deal with the tribe?

That's a possibility.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:46 pm »

Five locations at least. Quite a clog.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »

Found this in someones comments, Tulsa isn't the only location that is having plumbing issues and closing for 6 months........

http://www.mrt.com/news/top_stories/article_58c1eee0-e211-11e4-b32a-6bd71d0d349b.html

http://tbo.com/news/business/plumbing-woes-force-brandon-walmart-to-close-6-months-20150413/

http://www.ktre.com/story/28791533/livingston-walmart-closing-for-6-months-laying-off-422

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/04/13/brandon-walmart-to-close-for-6-months/25733897/
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 07:26:32 am »

That's really bizarre.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 08:32:27 am »

Rumor has it Wal*Mart is scouting locations for additional neighborhood markets in the area.  Even looking at areas within Tulsa city limits that are north and west of downtown.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 10:05:30 am »

Good plumbing in that area.

Seriously they could use one though the success rate of retail in that area is sketchy. Locals like to shop local and unless they involve the community big time it will suffer.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:38 am »

Good plumbing in that area.

Seriously they could use one though the success rate of retail in that area is sketchy. Locals like to shop local and unless they involve the community big time it will suffer.

Walmarts usual tactic is to leave the big box empty to block occupancy by anyone who would be a competitor.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 10:45:16 am »

Interesting comment from the Pico Rivera Public Works director on the "plumbing issues".......

James Enriquez, the city’s public works director, said officials have not been notified of plumbing issues at the store. The company would be required to pull permits before undertaking extensive work.

“If I were a property owner I’d want to make sure my store was closed as little as possible,” Enriquez said. “I would want a permit to be in place the day I was going to close — but we haven’t received anything.”

http://www.sgvtribune.com/business/20150413/530-pico-rivera-walmart-employees-laid-off-after-sudden-closure-of-supercenter

Unless there was raw sewage spilling on the floor, what are the odds of 5 stores in completely different areas all got the notice at nealry the same time that they were closing by 7pm local time for that store? And if the problem is so serious how can you keep the pharmacy open for several weeks?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 10:49:39 am »

I hate to see this happen. This store was good for concentrating parking lot crime all in one area.  Talk about convenience!  I guess that means that will be spreading out to other areas now.

There was a news story a few months back about the unusually high numbers of TPD call-outs to this store.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 10:56:12 am »

I hate to see this happen. This store was good for concentrating parking lot crime all in one area.  Talk about convenience!  I guess that means that will be spreading out to other areas now.

There was a news story a few months back about the unusually high numbers of TPD call-outs to this store.

Sure..convenient for those of you who live far away from it.   Wink

Seemed like every weekend I was hearing the Po-Po whirlies overhead at all hours.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 11:05:54 am »

Sure..convenient for those of you who live far away from it.   Wink

Seemed like every weekend I was hearing the Po-Po whirlies overhead at all hours.

It’s been at least five years since the last time I went in there.  I think they must have been filming “Night Of The Living Tweakers” when I was there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 11:09:55 am »

I need a beer and a shower after stepping into the infowars conspiracy theory rabbit hole on this. The collective thought is that it's part of a military drill that is actually a strike against hostile states in the US and the stores, all near railroads are being turned into FEMA camps.

http://www.infowars.com/weird-nationwide-walmart-closures-spark-conspiracy-theories/

http://www.truthandaction.org/operation-jade-helm-massive-military-drill-across-7-states-unconventional-warfare/

My head just imploded from all the craziness...........
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 11:11:26 am »

It’s been at least five years since the last time I went in there.  I think they must have been filming “Night Of The Living Tweakers” when I was there.

They've cleaned it up, at least aesthetically.

Patronage, however...

Like I said, it wouldn't kill me if it was gone permanently.  I've moved on to other locations for my grocery shopping and I can go to Tarjay if I need something from a big box.  Never used them for pharmacy either.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org