A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:26:10 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frack Off  (Read 45285 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2015, 08:53:44 am »

Oklahoma, where being in an industry's pocket can be obvious as Hell and it's no big deal.

Inhofe has stated for years he gets millions from big oil.  And then follows it up with the comment, it's not enough, they should donate more to him!

And yet, like Failin', we keep electing him.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2015, 07:00:29 am »

Oklahoma Geological Survey office is closing...and so soon after they tied deep injection wells related to the energy companies with our recent spate of earthquakes.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-geological-survey-closing-leonard-seismic-observatory-out-of-cost-concerns/article/5414539
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2015, 01:19:39 pm »

If we could only figure out a way to incrementally ease pressures along fault lines causing small seismic events instead of catastrophic ones. 

Sure would save a lot of lives.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:20 am »

Why does this not surprise me?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-15/oil-tycoon-harold-hamm-wanted-scientists-dismissed-dean-s-e-mail-says

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2015, 09:17:15 am »

This is a tiny little subset of what life will be like when the complete abdication of Federal oversight to corporate entity is finished.  Or right now, since corporate interests have bought and paid for Congress at Federal and State level.  For regular people (the 99%) it shows graphically why a strong Federal government that IS responsive to the electorate is so important.  Shame we don't have one....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org