A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Sheriff shooting of Eric Harris  (Read 187440 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2016, 10:05:50 am »

It’s unfortunate there are people who really think an injustice was served with Bates’ conviction.  One comment from the open mic on KRMG said he did us a favor because Harris was a convicted felon in commission of another felony so Bates did society a favor.

How much more redneck could someone be?

Mentalities like this and the overwhelming stupidity of the Oklahoma legislature make it less and less likely I’ll spend my retirement years here.

KRMG caters to the lowest common denominator and then dummies them down to the Murdochian World View.

Have started looking at other states.  Geez, I just know I ain't gonna fit in Oregon or Washington.  Where is there in this country for an extreme moderate to go??

The little bits and pieces I hear about New Hampshire make it sound interesting...and it is a beautiful state!  Consider the irony of the people in their prisons making the license tags with the state motto.  "Live Free or Die"

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:28 am »

It’s unfortunate there are people who really think an injustice was served with Bates’ conviction.  One comment from the open mic on KRMG said he did us a favor because Harris was a convicted felon in commission of another felony so Bates did society a favor.

How much more redneck could someone be?

Mentalities like this and the overwhelming stupidity of the Oklahoma legislature make it less and less likely I’ll spend my retirement years here.

Just listening to the religious zealots callers and commenters about the removal of the 10 Commandments on KOTV's call in comments.

http://www.newson6.com/category/121535/video-page?autostart=true&clipId=11644858
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2016, 07:36:02 pm »

I won't criticize him for appealing to traditional views of law enforcement's role in protecting citizens from criminals. it was a good argument, but ineffective in view of the evidence in this case.

Even the staunchest crummegons are waking up to the fact that police now arent what they were 20 years ago.

As for KRMG, they used to be a good news station, but they have fallen so low in ethics, grammar, etc.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2016, 07:51:05 am »

Even the staunchest crummegons are waking up to the fact that police now arent what they were 20 years ago.

As for KRMG, they used to be a good news station, but they have fallen so low in ethics, grammar, etc.

They never were a very good news station - they had good weather coverage during storms...still do.  They were just all we had.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:25 pm »

Bates gets two mugshots while Glanz gets none?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02:19 am »

That appears to be accurate. He also still gets special access to the Courthouse and special parking for his criminal hearings.

But Lewis says that perhaps the most egregious example of special consideration is that Glanz never went through the booking process and had his mugshot taken once he was criminally charged.

“That was something the citizens needed to see, that the people in power go through the same process,” Lewis said, adding that someone in a position of authority such as Glanz should be treated in the same manner as any other citizen.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/stanley-glanz-s-private-courthouse-access-raises-more-questions-about/article_899d0d70-f21e-5b93-872d-eb763095fe8c.html

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:25 am »

Second shot looks like a DUI booking.  He must’ve been smashed.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2016, 07:05:33 am »

Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.readfrontier.com/spotlight/bates-testifies-to-harsh-jail-conditions-during-bail-hearing/

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2016, 09:29:29 am »

Insert 30 second clip of baby crying....

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2016, 09:58:13 am »

I thought it very big of We The People to publicly sympathize with Moss Jail's mismanagement of Bates (withholding medical treatment, keeping him naked in the cell, etc.)

http://www.newson6.com/story/31877054/bob-bates-in-court-asking-to-be-released-on-bond

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2016, 10:28:26 am »

Random thoughts:

-I had figured Bates would arrive in the courtroom in a wheelchair with drool streaming down his chin.  The slow shuffle and mussed hair was a nice touch for the cameras though.
-Jail cots don’t come from the DoubleTree, sorry Bob that’s the breaks when you become a convicted felon.
-Sounds like Bates is definitely persona non grata amongst the deputies who are actually paid for a living to watch over someone who foobared up the entire TCSD living out his Walter Mitty fantasy to be a cop.
-Brewster sounded a bit unhinged.  Love the part where he’s complaining about poor jail conditions, yet he’s defended the TCSD against allegations like this before. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:42 am »

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2016, 04:47:45 pm »

Cry

www.sadtrombone.com

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2016, 06:48:49 pm »

Random thoughts:

-I had figured Bates would arrive in the courtroom in a wheelchair with drool streaming down his chin.  The slow shuffle and mussed hair was a nice touch for the cameras though.
-Jail cots don’t come from the DoubleTree, sorry Bob that’s the breaks when you become a convicted felon.
-Sounds like Bates is definitely persona non grata amongst the deputies who are actually paid for a living to watch over someone who foobared up the entire TCSD living out his Walter Mitty fantasy to be a cop.
-Brewster sounded a bit unhinged.  Love the part where he’s complaining about poor jail conditions, yet he’s defended the TCSD against allegations like this before. 

Its not like the Tulsa county jail is someplace they laugh at you as you die naked on the floor.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:43 pm »

Well they do seem rather adamant everyone gets a picture taken.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org