A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:38:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Sheriff shooting of Eric Harris  (Read 189043 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2015, 02:06:49 pm »

This gives at least partial relief of the problem.  But wait...there's more...next election watch Glanz get re-elected !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2015, 02:21:37 pm »

This gives at least partial relief of the problem.  But wait...there's more...next election watch Glanz get re-elected !!

he's not running and is resigning.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2015, 02:40:12 pm »

he's not running and is resigning.

He is resigning.  Watch - he will be back to run again in a year or so....he is like our county commissioners - just can't get rid of them.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2015, 07:35:15 am »

He is resigning.  Watch - he will be back to run again in a year or so....he is like our county commissioners - just can't get rid of them.

I doubt it. Stanley has been done for quite some time. I spoke with a Deputy about a year and a half ago and he said that Stanley had already made his mind up about not running for Sheriff again at that time.
Over 20 years with TPD and then 31 as Sheriff had finally wore him down.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:23 am »

I doubt it. Stanley has been done for quite some time. I spoke with a Deputy about a year and a half ago and he said that Stanley had already made his mind up about not running for Sheriff again at that time.
Over 20 years with TPD and then 31 as Sheriff had finally wore him down.

Too bad that didn't happen earlier.  But watch - must like the Tulsa DA's office (Tim Harris and his clones), we will get another one just like him.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2015, 11:48:25 am »

Tulsa Sheriff's Office Withdrawing from Accrediting Agency

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/tulsa-sheriffs-office-withdrawing-accrediting-agency

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — An embattled Oklahoma sheriff's office is withdrawing from a national law enforcement accreditation agency after its sheriff was indicted by a grand jury last week.

Chief Deputy Michelle Robinette told The Associated Press on Thursday the agency sent the withdrawal letter this week to the Virginia-based Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc.

Robinette says leaders want to overhaul the agency and implement eight recommendations submitted by grand jurors on how the office could be improved. She says the agency hopes to reapply with CALEA in January.

Jurors indicted Sheriff Stanley Glanz on two misdemeanor counts last week, and the lawman is resigning on Nov. 1.

The grand jury began investigating the agency this summer after a reserve deputy and close friend of the sheriff's fatally shot an unarmed man.

So does that mean I can flip them the bird and tell them to come find me when they're accredited?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

Tulsa Sheriff's Office Withdrawing from Accrediting Agency

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/tulsa-sheriffs-office-withdrawing-accrediting-agency

So does that mean I can flip them the bird and tell them to come find me when they're accredited?

Let me know when you are gonna try that...I will show up to video the shooting!  Er, uh....tazing...!!

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

The Sherrif's office had some really nice ATV's at the fair this year. At least they had more than one occupant per vehicle.

I think it was one of these:
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2015, 02:39:58 pm »

Open the polling places...Indictment has been handed down by the Grand Jury.

Look how fast this transpired in Chicago (once the yearlong coverup was exposed) compared to the pace here:

Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Chicago Police Superintendent
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/chicago-police-rahm-emanuel-laquan-mcdonald.html

The mayor himself is apparently not ready to fall on his sword just yet, but Im guessing county attorney Anita Alvarez will get the ax next.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »

Look how fast this transpired in Chicago (once the yearlong coverup was exposed) compared to the pace here:

Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Chicago Police Superintendent
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/chicago-police-rahm-emanuel-laquan-mcdonald.html

The mayor himself is apparently not ready to fall on his sword just yet, but Im guessing county attorney Anita Alvarez will get the ax next.

In what way was what happened in Chicago better than here? Here the video was released almost immediately and the shooter was charged within days. The protests had people of all races and were completely peaceful. The DA supported the investigation into the Sheriff and the Grand Jury and now the entire leadership of the Sheriff's department is gone as a result.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:00:04 pm by swake » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:12 am »

In what way was what happened in Chicago better than here? Here the video was released almost immediately and the shooter was charged within days.

Fast =/= better.  I was pointing out how quickly things moved once they found they could no longer keep it under wraps.  As for the Harris shooting video, have you ever seen an uncensored version? 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:37 am »

Fast =/= better.  I was pointing out how quickly things moved once they found they could no longer keep it under wraps.  As for the Harris shooting video, have you ever seen an uncensored version? 

You say fast isn't equal to better, and then your point is about the speed at which things happened in Chicago after the video was finally released?

Seriously?

So, specifically, regardless of speed, what has Chicago done that we should have. What did they do better?
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2015, 01:37:28 pm »

In addition to their shooting history, Chicago PD maintained a black site, a secret detention center that came to light this summer. So the apparent speed of their investigation and firings probably hinges on far more than this shooting scandal.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/police-chiefs-resignation-spurs-demands-that-chicago-cops-secret-facility-be-closed/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2015, 03:10:04 pm »

In addition to their shooting history, Chicago PD maintained a black site, a secret detention center that came to light this summer. So the apparent speed of their investigation and firings probably hinges on far more than this shooting scandal.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/police-chiefs-resignation-spurs-demands-that-chicago-cops-secret-facility-be-closed/

There’s nothing secret about Homan Square.  Sounds as if someone is sensationalizing- namely the attorney in the suit and furthermore the author of the story in The Guardian.

People are picked up without probable cause or at least very flimsy probable cause every day in cities all over the country.  Detainees are handcuffed in cells and subjected to harsh questioning.  The spin that CPD is like CIA black ops isn’t vastly different than PD’s all across the nation.  I believe it’s CF that’s alluded to it before- it’s like a fraternity.  smile happens and they circle the wagons. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-homan-square-lawsuit-20151020-story.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »

People are picked up without probable cause or at least very flimsy probable cause every day in cities all over the country.  Detainees are handcuffed in cells and subjected to harsh questioning.  The spin that CPD is like CIA black ops isn’t vastly different than PD’s all across the nation. 

For more than two decades, Chicago has wrestled with the legacy of a shadowy crew of police detectives accused of torturing men in custody, eliciting false confessions that sent many of those men to prison.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-torture-scandal-casts-long-shadow-over-chicago-n409466
Today they are simply referred to as "Fusion Centers"

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org