A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:04:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Sheriff shooting of Eric Harris  (Read 189426 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2015, 06:44:01 pm »

The #fuckyourbreath deputies get off with nothing more than having to watch a powerpoint.

Two Tulsa County sheriff’s deputies involved in the take-down of Eric Harris when he was fatally shot by a reserve deputy in April had disciplinary hearings Friday and remain employees, according to a Sheriff’s Office official.
Spokesman Justin Green confirmed the hearings for Deputies Joseph Byars and Michael Huckeby were connected to the Harris shooting. However, Green said it is an internal affairs matter so he can’t provide further details. The two are still employees of the Sheriff’s Office, he said.
KOTV reports Byars received no discipline and Huckeby must retake “custody and control” training.
Sheriff’s Office video shows Byars telling Harris, “F- K your breath,” after Harris uttered, “I’m losing my breath.” Huckeby can be seen with his knee on Harris’ head while Harris lay wounded on the ground.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/tulsa-county-deputies-involved-in-eric-harris-take-down-remain/article_9b920dc5-6692-5034-89d5-463decdceafe.html
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2015, 07:00:21 am »

http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9044918/

(MILWAUKEE, Wis.) -- A 7-month-old baby is alive thanks to quick actions by a sheriff's deputy in Wisconsin.
A mother pulled over to the side of an interstate in Milwaukee after her baby began choking on milk. She called 911. Milwaukee County Sheriff's Deputy Jeffrey Mike answered the call and performed CPR on the baby on the hood of his squad car.

Highway cameras captured his efforts. He says he was just acting on instinct.

"So it was pretty, it was traumatic for me to do it. But I'm glad everything worked out the way it did, so," Deputy Mike said.

Paramedics arrived a short time later and took the 7-month old to the hospital.

The baby is doing just fine.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2015, 07:52:12 am »

Did the TCSO have anything to do with the CPR on the baby in Wisconsin? Or was it Wisconsin police who showed up when called and did their job? I mean, its fantastic that you can find examples of police doing what they're paid to do without bad behavior, but that's the norm. That's what most first responder encounters should be and what most are. I hope everyone recognizes that and we don't need to find an example from 1,000 miles away to prove that point (TPD officer on Cry Baby Hill)!

I'm confused what it has to do with the TCSO corruption probe and negligent execution of Harris.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2015, 11:25:31 am »

I'm confused what it has to do with the TCSO corruption probe and negligent execution of Harris.

Maybe Breadburner is our own Donald Trump.   Grin

Drifting a bit more, I came across an accident in rural WI many years ago, and some point after I had began first aid the sheriff's office showed up and took over.  When I say took over, they were fully trained EMTs (not just first responders) who were actively administering aid (as opposed to just "securing the scene").  I told them I was impressed since we dont have that at home in Oklahoma. 

Back to the Harris scandal, TCSO pretty much showed us how high their professional bar is in holding their deputies accountable.
http://www.fox23.com/videos/news/video-tulsa-deputies-to-remain-following-hearing/vDXRyN/

Also, since there is no longer a need to conceal the faces in the killing video, it's time the uncensored version be made public.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2015, 12:28:36 pm »

TULSA COUNTY, Oklahoma - Deputies have a new tool to fight overdoses. The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is now equipping patrol cars with an emergency drug called Narcan; and one deputy has already saved a life.
The sheriff's office has had the kits for a couple of weeks, but on Tuesday, Deputy David Allen's training kicked in when he arrived at a home where someone was passed out on prescription drugs.

"I thought it was too late, but when I got closer and tried whether or not she was breathing, I saw that she breathed in a little bit, real shallow and real faint. I got this Narcan in and administered it and it was almost immediate," Allen said.

Dispatchers called Allen and his partner to a home near Turley about someone who overdosed on prescription medication. When he saw the woman on her back he went to his patrol car and grabbed a yellow bag with two vials of the opiate inhibitor Narcan.

7/2/2014 Related Story: Increase In Heroin Use By Public Has TPD Officers Carrying Life-Saving Kit

The Narcan is loaded into a syringe and sprayed into the nose. If there's no change within a few minutes, a second dose can be given.

Allen didn't expect the woman to respond to the emergency medication so quickly.

"When she came to it was like waking the dead. I thought I would give it to her, start CPR on her, eventually she would roll around, but it was almost instant, one or two seconds and she started breathing real deep and that was a nice sigh of relief on my part," he said.

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said Allen is the first deputy to save someone's life with Narcan; he said he was just doing his job.

"It's like anything else, they give you a new tool and you want to go use it, I'm glad we were able to save a life with it," said Allen.

EMSA crews carry Narcan, but medics can't always rush into a potentially dangerous situation.

"So what we're trying to do with this is bridge the time gap," Allen said.

The Narcan kits are now in every patrol unit.

"If you know to use it and if you know you have it, nothing else would work but this," Allen said.

Deputies had to go through a four hour training course.

The Narcan will only work on people who are experiencing a drug overdose from heroin or a prescription drug like Oxycontin.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2015, 05:09:55 pm »

Did the TCSO have anything to do with the CPR on the baby in Wisconsin? Or was it Wisconsin police who showed up when called and did their job? I mean, its fantastic that you can find examples of police doing what they're paid to do without bad behavior, but that's the norm. That's what most first responder encounters should be and what most are. I hope everyone recognizes that and we don't need to find an example from 1,000 miles away to prove that point (TPD officer on Cry Baby Hill)!

Both Sheriff Glanz and Breadburner are reaching further into the bag of dirty tricks to try and sabotage the grand jury.
Glanz filed a batch of petitions... one voir dire questions meant to disqualify jurors. 

Aside from declaring anyone who participated in the petition process as ineligible, potential jurors would be excluded if they answer "yes" to "Have you heard anything about this case from any source whatsoever?"
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2015, 11:39:24 am »

Sounds like there may be some animosity...

Former Spokesman to Testify Before Grand Jury

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/former-spokesman-testify-grand-jury

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A former spokesman for an Oklahoma sheriff's office says he was wrongfully fired following the fatal shooting of an unarmed man by a volunteer deputy.

Shannon Clark, formerly a major with Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, says he is "looking forward" to testifying before a grand jury investigating allegations of wrongdoing in the agency.

Reserve deputy Robert Bates is accused of killing Eric Harris on April 2. Bates has since resigned from the agency.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2015, 01:08:51 pm »

He's just happy to be back in the spotlight. After you have that "Haven't I seen you on TV?" kinda life. It's tough going back to being just regular ol Shannon.

Probably the same way it would be for Smoot.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2015, 11:26:06 am »

Grand Jury Finishes Sheriff's Review

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/grand-jury-finishes-sheriffs-review

The Tulsa Grand Jury is releasing its report on the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office. Sources tell KWGS the jury is not recommending that Sheriff  Glanz resign or be removed from office. There is no word if any indictments were handed up to the judge.

The Grand Jury was called by a citizens group after a reserve deputy shot and killed an unarmed suspect. Deputy Robert Bates is quoted as saying at the time he mistook his gun for his taser.

The jury reportedly did  have recommendation for the sheriff’s office and its training program. The plans will be discussed later this afternoon.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2015, 01:06:54 pm »

The report was NOT a response to the questions specifically asked of the Grand Jury.

The initial report that has been made public is about as weak as one could imagine. It found that the Sheriffs office did not follow policies and had no policies for other critical items. It suggested that they be followed in the future and/or policies be put in place. Nothing more.

Never once mentioned fabricating training records. Never discussed the previous memo that found bad behavior and plenty of warning signs. Didn't discuss that the Sheriff knew Bates wasn't properly trained and armed him anyway, then lied about it when questions started to be asked. None of that was covered in the initial report - not a word. I assume it is in the findings to be released later.

They are supposed to reveal the detailed findings @2pm. That should be out any minute.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2015, 01:24:18 pm »

Grand Jury Handed down two indictments and a recommendation for Ouster, per the Tulsa World:

Corey Jones ‏@JonesingToWrite 
Grand jury returns ouster proceedings against Glanz and two misdemeanor criminal indictments

Corey Jones ‏@JonesingToWrite 
The 2 indictments are willful violation of the law and refusal to perform official duty

Glanz has stated that he will resign.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »

Updated:The Tulsa Grand Jury is releasing its report on the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office. The  jury is recommending that Sheriff  Glanz resign or be removed from office. He is named in two indictments for refusal to perform official duty and willful violation of the law.

The Grand Jury was called by a citizens group after a reserve deputy shot and killed an unarmed suspect. Deputy Robert Bates is quoted as saying at the time he mistook his gun for his taser.

The jury reportedly did  have recommendation for the sheriff’s office and its training program. The plans will be discussed later this afternoon.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2015, 02:07:00 pm »

There is one indictment that was filed under seal. The investigation focused on the TCSO and this incident, so one may surmise the indictment is in that regard. A Sheriff resigned this morning, related? Or another charge against Bates (which might be why Brewster had an all day argument up there one day)?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2015, 02:57:54 pm »

#glanzgottago #glanzbegone

I’m sure somewhere Paul Tay is doing a happy dance in his best Klinger costume.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2015, 05:36:05 pm »

Never once mentioned fabricating training records. Never discussed the previous memo that found bad behavior and plenty of warning signs. Didn't discuss that the Sheriff knew Bates wasn't properly trained and armed him anyway, then lied about it when questions started to be asked. None of that was covered in the initial report - not a word. I assume it is in the findings to be released later.

Whatever became of TCSO lying about Harris "confessing" to being on PCP at a point in time after EMSA confirmed his heart had already stopped?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org