A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:21 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Sheriff shooting of Eric Harris  (Read 187585 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »

Sometimes you have to avoid using terms that are as specific as "recall." There is no recall mechanism, but there are a couple of ouster options. Ouster of public officials is not a political event. It is judicial in nature. it requires proof of specific things such as the commission of a crime in office, oppression or partiality in office, bribery, embezzlement, and the like.

Well, since none of these is considered bad enough to disqualify for office, we are just kinda stuck for now.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking - one of Glanz's minions said this in February;

“If you look at the direction that law enforcement has taken under the current (U.S.) attorney general, I think if a candidate for sheriff had a ‘D’ beside his name, I’d have to look elsewhere,” said Tulsa County Undersheriff Tim Albin, who represented Glanz at the committee meeting.

And then Glanz himself said in a statement;

“Keeping the election of county officers (like sheriff) partisan allows the parties to engage in the vetting process to determine the best candidate for the position,” Glanz wrote. “Without the organized efforts of political parties to do this, the public can be inundated with unqualified candidates who may sound qualified but in fact are not.”

So he is admitting that Republicans are not qualified, since he obviously isn't qualified.  He must be right....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/nonpartisan-elections-for-sheriffs-gets-committee-nod-despite-tulsa-county/article_480817a5-69f7-5c0c-82cd-4651f6f3a0b9.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2015, 06:22:29 am »

Another day, another lie exposed:

In 2008 other deputies reported concerns over Deputy Bates, private use of county prolerty, and special treatment. It ks stated that Bates was hired without proper training. Again, nothing was done.

But hey, Sheriff Gland says he was A OK, no indications there were issues, no complaints, no special treatment, and certainly no policy violations. I mean, sure, there is a looong history of such things. But why mention that when you can try and cover it up?

The 2008 report isn't important. The CBS story on the 2009 investigation, no big deal. The Tulsa World story on forged records that have now disappeared - so what?

http://m.krmg.com/news/news/local/concerns-about-bates-training-go-back-years-accord/nk2rD/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:25:25 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2015, 08:21:25 am »

Good read of specific interviews in the chain of command.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/262941138/Internal-affairs-investigation-into-Tulsa-County-Reserve-Deputy-Robert-Bates

I do believe there’s enough information coming to light there should be a grand jury investigation of Glanz, Albin, and the TCSO.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2015, 08:28:17 am »

I'm still trying to figure out how Glanz's thinks his argument of, paraphrasing here since I don't remember the exact quote, I can change the rules and waive training requirements any time I want and have done so many times in the past is a good argument to be making. If anything it proves the point that he has allowed unqualified deputies on the force in the past and is prone to changing the rules when/if the need to play favorites arises.

At least that's my take on it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2015, 08:31:28 am »

But hey, Sheriff Gland says he was A OK, no indications there were issues, no complaints, no special treatment, and certainly no policy violations. I mean, sure, there is a looong history of such things. But why mention that when you can try and cover it up?

http://m.krmg.com/news/news/local/concerns-about-bates-training-go-back-years-accord/nk2rD/

I love his remarks about policy violations. He said something to the effect  that what he directs, what he says......IS POLICY!
Therefore there can be no policy violations if it is what he ordered. That's not the characteristic of an elected leader, that's a king.

onward...through the fog
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2015, 08:42:37 am »

I love his remarks about policy violations. He said something to the effect  that what he directs, what he says......IS POLICY!
Therefore there can be no policy violations if it is what he ordered. That's not the characteristic of an elected leader, that's a king.

He's obviously suffering from narcissism.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »

Kunzweiler is calling for an outside investigation into the TCSO after the story broken by The Frontier this morning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2015, 02:52:47 pm »

Kunzweiler is calling for an outside investigation into the TCSO after the story broken by The Frontier this morning.

Could be the Sheriff's position at the jail may be changing....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:06 pm »

Mayor Calls for Bids on Running Tulsa County Jail

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/mayor-calls-bids-running-tulsa-county-jail

Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett wants the county’s criminal justice authority to get bids on operating the jail on a regular basis.

Bartlett said it’s not necessarily to oust the sheriff’s department, but to ensure their costs are competitive.

"If we get proposals back that are pretty well equal with what we're spending now, then I think we can pat everybody on the back and say, 'Hooray, thank you very much, you're doing a great job,'" Bartlett said.

The sheriff’s department operates the jail now and running at a loss. Bartlett said he’s wanted an efficiency study of jail operations for some time.

"A request for proposals would essentially accomplish the same thing," Bartlett said. "Might be a much longer process, but we'll get a good idea, hopefully, if a majority of the authority agrees with it."

The criminal justice authority is considering the idea, though it may take a couple months for the trustees to bring it to a vote.

The proposal presents the possibility of a private company running the jail for a profit. Bartlett said the authority would need the ability to fire anyone doing a poor job.

"I'm not saying it has to be, you know, we have one month and they have to leave. I think that would be unfair," Bartlett said. "But we have to have a process in place to where if we feel that things are not being done properly ... then we have to have the ability to terminate a contract."

Bartlett said prolonged jail fee negotiations between the city and county helped push him toward this proposal.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »

District Attorney Looking Into Tulsa County Sheriff Beyond Manslaughter Case

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/district-attorney-looking-tulsa-county-sheriff-beyond-manslaughter-case

In light of new information submitted to his office, Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler announced today there will be further investigation of the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office.

"I am highly concerned about recent allegations that have surfaced, and I have been in contact with independent law enforcement agencies regarding further investigation into these matters," said District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler in a statement. "To protect the integrity of these investigations, I will not give details or comment further on any investigation that is underway."

Kunzweiler's office has requested and received many documents from the sheriff's office since the April 2 shooting of Eric Harris.

Kunzweiler has charged 73-year-old reserve deputy Bob Bates with second-degree manslaughter in Harris' death.

Attorneys for the Harris family recently questioned inconsistencies in training records for Bates. The sheriff's office now says some of the records may have been lost when they transitioned from paper copies to digital.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2015, 04:36:20 pm »

the Frontier? Do you have a link?

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

the Frontier? Do you have a link?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/262941138/Internal-affairs-investigation-into-Tulsa-County-Reserve-Deputy-Robert-Bates

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »

oh...the humanity.....

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »

http://www.veronews.com/32963_features/exclusive-interview-tulsa-deputy-dreams-of-returning-to-vero/article_2a491912-e937-11e4-86ed-cbfaf83ae7a4.html?fb_action_ids=10205149857280918&fb_action_types=og.shares

Power is nothing till you use it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2015, 06:36:47 pm »

No one said he was a bad guy, a racist, heartless murderer. He is a victim of his own largesse. The system found a whale and proceeded to harvest it.

I have no problem with him, other than he became accustomed to preferential treatment right up to his trip to the Bahamas. Now, it turns out, he didn't even consider us his family home. Big deal. Florida is great if you have the money to live there.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org