A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:50:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Sheriff shooting of Eric Harris  (Read 186783 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2016, 07:56:45 am »

Well they do seem rather adamant everyone gets a picture taken.

How much do copies of the souvenir shots cost?  I hope they aren’t as high as a Carnival Cruise welcome pic.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:38 am »

How much do copies of the souvenir shots cost?  I hope they aren’t as high as a Carnival Cruise welcome pic.

Better not be allergic to latex.  Wink

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2016, 06:29:05 pm »

-Brewster sounded a bit unhinged.  Love the part where he’s complaining about poor jail conditions, yet he’s defended the TCSD against allegations like this before. 

As screwed up as Moss Jail might be, it s still not Chicago:

"We know somebody who can get your fingerprints," the lawsuit alleged one of the officers told King.
Officer Evans then pressed his fist into King's face, threatening to push her nose into her brain, the suit alleged.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-police-glenn-evans-discipline-met-20160526-story.html

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2016, 11:58:49 am »

As screwed up as Moss Jail might be, it s still not Chicago:

"We know somebody who can get your fingerprints," the lawsuit alleged one of the officers told King.
Officer Evans then pressed his fist into King's face, threatening to push her nose into her brain, the suit alleged.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-police-glenn-evans-discipline-met-20160526-story.html

Well...Okay...Did Eric Harris or Bates do some time in Chicago?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »

In case anyone missed it: Bates was sentenced to the jury recommended 4 years after an hours long sentencing hearing.

There will be an appeal, of course, but I haven't heard of anything that sounds like significant enough error to overturn the jury conviction or the sentence.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2016, 12:40:25 pm »

In case anyone missed it: Bates was sentenced to the jury recommended 4 years after an hours long sentencing hearing.

There will be an appeal, of course, but I haven't heard of anything that sounds like significant enough error to overturn the jury conviction or the sentence.

Then of course his wife or daughter or whomever it was tried placing the blame of 'he'll die in jail' on the media.  Real class act there.

Harris was obviously no saint but whatever.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2016, 01:39:34 pm »

Then of course his wife or daughter or whomever it was tried placing the blame of 'he'll die in jail' on the media.  Real class act there.

Harris was obviously no saint but whatever.

You want to grab the wife and say: “He’s going to die in jail because he was too addled to know if he had a taser or gun in his hand and someone else died as a result.”  It’s not like it was treated as first degree murder and he got an LWOP or death sentence.

So, his doctor, attorney, and family don’t want him to spend time in jail because of severe arthritis and a heart condition.  Why those conditions never a consideration when he was going out on drug and weapon stings?

Brewster has indicated his appeal will be predicated on other 2nd degree manslaughter convictions he’s researched not ending up with incarceration.  This is nothing but pure hubris.  I’m sure Brewster convinced Bates that he could dirty up the vic enough there would not be a conviction and if it were it would be a suspended sentence.  They were stupid not to seek a plea deal, Bates would lose the ability to carry a firearm or sell insurance ever again, but he might not have ended up in prison for four years and could come and go to the Bahamas as he pleased. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2016, 04:37:19 pm »

You want to grab the wife and say: “He’s going to die in jail because he was too addled to know if he had a taser or gun in his hand and someone else died as a result.”  It’s not like it was treated as first degree murder and he got an LWOP or death sentence.

So, his doctor, attorney, and family don’t want him to spend time in jail because of severe arthritis and a heart condition.  Why those conditions never a consideration when he was going out on drug and weapon stings?

Brewster has indicated his appeal will be predicated on other 2nd degree manslaughter convictions he’s researched not ending up with incarceration.  This is nothing but pure hubris.  I’m sure Brewster convinced Bates that he could dirty up the vic enough there would not be a conviction and if it were it would be a suspended sentence.  They were stupid not to seek a plea deal, Bates would lose the ability to carry a firearm or sell insurance ever again, but he might not have ended up in prison for four years and could come and go to the Bahamas as he pleased. 

How many thousands of people before Bates wished they had a platform to expose that corrupt hellhole?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »

Here's the video.  I was gobsmacked when I heard her say this.

https://twitter.com/mikesimonsphoto/status/738013271886811136

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2016, 01:58:55 pm »

Does Bates have to serve a third of his sentence before he's eligible for parole? He could be out in 16 months, if so.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:47 pm »

Does Bates have to serve a third of his sentence before he's eligible for parole? He could be out in 16 months, if so.

I saw somewhere this morning that in all likelihood, he won’t do a full four years pending an ODOC review.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »

I saw somewhere this morning that in all likelihood, he won’t do a full four years pending an ODOC review.

I predict he'll spend 18 months tops, at a place like Conner in Hominy.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »

I predict he'll spend 18 months tops, at a place like Conner in Hominy.

More likely he will be out of state so he wont run into any of his past Taserings.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2016, 12:26:41 am »

More likely he will be out of state so he wont run into any of his past Taserings.

Where ever he goes he won't see general population, he'll wind up in a segregated section.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »

You want to grab the wife and say: “He’s going to die in jail because he was too addled to know if he had a taser or gun in his hand and someone else died as a result.”

How much difference is there between "I thought it was my Taser" and "I thought my Taser wouldnt kill" ?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/man-dies-after-tulsa-police-officer-pepper-sprays-shocks-him/article_d8d5b3f7-a624-573c-8c79-c20bc546dc66.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:38:51 am by patric » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org