A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:45 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd & Greenwood  (Read 22286 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: April 13, 2015, 05:53:46 am »

There is a construction fence and new gravel for a trailer on the lot on the west side of Greenwood, across the street from the old COT (future Snyder project) building. A friend said this is new office construction, but I think it could just be a staging area for Hartford Commons. Anyone know?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:46:03 am »

There is a construction fence and new gravel for a trailer on the lot on the west side of Greenwood, across the street from the old COT (future Snyder project) building. A friend said this is new office construction, but I think it could just be a staging area for Hartford Commons. Anyone know?

My guess is staging too.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:26:37 am »

The TDA Executive Report states that construction on the mixed use 64 unit apartment complex is supposed to start in March:

E. Blue Dome Anchor, LLC
110 S. Hartford Avenue/The Hartford Building
Mixed-Use Development - 64 Unit Apartment Building
TDA Land Disposition
• Spoke with Neal Bhow on January 23, 2017 and he will serve as the Project Lead
• Renovation of the existing Hartford Building will start March 2017
• The project is currently in the design phase
o Plans and Specifications should be ready for review by April 2017
• The project has financing
• Total construction time should be approximately eight (Cool months to completion
• Mr. Bhow is working with Steve Walman regarding leasing the subject building
• The Redeveloper would like to schedule a meeting with the TDA Chairman after the
Architectural plans are submitted

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-10.pdf

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

This is a story from February...Did the TDA have its April meeting yet?

http://www.newson6.com/story/34618510/renovations-underway-inside-downtown-tulsas-hartford-building

TULSA, Oklahoma - Another piece of property in downtown Tulsa’s East Village is being renovated into apartments and retail space.
Plans to renovate the Hartford building started about a year and a half ago; but recently, there have been crews in and out of the building.

The neighborhood has built up around it - The Edge is finished, lots are filling up and Santa Fe Square is underway.

Neal Bhow and his son, Shawn, are now leading the project to bring the property back to life. They have also been involved in other downtown renovations, including the Vandever.

They aren't ready to reveal many details just yet, because it’s all still in the design phase. They do, however, say it will be mixed-use with around 60 apartments and space for restaurants and businesses.

Renovations have already begun inside, and Bhow said the project is smaller than the one originally announced, which included a full wraparound of the building and a parking garage.

Once construction begins, they said it should take about eight months to complete.

They plan to have more specific plans available to present to the Tulsa Development Authority at its meeting in April.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

Yes, the TDA had its April meeting.  The summary shows:

G. Blue Dome Anchor, LLC
110 S. Hartford Avenue/The Hartford Building
Mixed-Use Development - 64 Unit Apartment Building
TDA Land Disposition
• The Fire Sprinkler system has passed inspection
• Plumbing has been inspected, minor issues have been repaired
• Elevator has been serviced and is running
• Electrical system has been rewired and permanent power is now installed
• Monitored security alarm system has been installed
• Entry canopy, rails and half-wall have been removed
• Entry foyer has been gutted and prepped for new floor and wall finishes
• All demising walls have been removed
• All flooring has been removed
• Bathrooms have been prepared for new floors and vanities
• The 3rd floor is being prepped for paint and carpet
• The masonry consultant has advised that the underlying brick is not in suitable
condition to be utilized
• The Redeveloper is exploring other facade material for the exterior of the building
• They plan to add more windows, once the project Architect has advised the course
of action
http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/April-2017-Executive-Director-Report.pdf  page 3

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:15:05 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:13:03 pm »

Interesting to see the fire station at 411 South Frankfort Avenue for sale for a mixed use redevelopment. That will be a fun one to watch with everything going on in that part of downtown.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:16:25 pm »

Also, the update on the Hartford building. Yikes. They're already prepping some floors for paint and carpet but they masonry consultant has told them the brick on the outside is unsuitable and need to be replaced, and they're thinking about adding more windows to the building. That seems like they're doing it all out of order. Someone who knows more about building buildings correct me.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 06:34:15 pm »

Interesting to see the fire station at 411 South Frankfort Avenue for sale for a mixed use redevelopment. That will be a fun one to watch with everything going on in that part of downtown.

I really wish that Tulsa Opera had been able to get that building.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:32 am »

I really wish that Tulsa Opera had been able to get that building.

Or the University of Tulsa.  I think they were looking at it for their School of Community Medicine at one point (which is now in the old BCBS building).  Would have added something different to the area.

Nothing against the current developers, the proposed use will be good for the area too.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 11:12:48 am »

Or the University of Tulsa.  I think they were looking at it for their School of Community Medicine at one point (which is now in the old BCBS building).  Would have added something different to the area.

Nothing against the current developers, the proposed use will be good for the area too.

TU going where they did is good as south downtown needs more attention and that kind of place won't necessarily enhance the walkability a ton. The new TU location fits with the existing mold of south downtown buildings around there (medical/legal/corporate offices with not a lot of walkability or retail).

I think the new developer's plans fit the blue dome much better.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 03:32:20 pm »

So I went down to this area this weekend, and drove around downtown. I think if we keep spending more and more money there, and continue focusing our attention on making that place better, it might not suck as much as it did this weekend.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 03:42:35 pm »

So I went down to this area this weekend, and drove around downtown. I think if we keep spending more and more money there, and continue focusing our attention on making that place better, it might not suck as much as it did this weekend.

You really should improve your troll game.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 04:02:05 pm »

You really should improve your troll game.

What troll? I was down there in early afternoon and was not impressed. Barely any life, save the unfortunate homeless people.

Go to south Tulsa, and even where I live, and people are everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:15:37 pm by guido911 » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »

Go to south Tulsa, and even where I live, and people are everywhere.

But mostly they are clogging up Memorial Drive while they text.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »

But mostly they are clogging up Memorial Drive while they text.

True enough.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org