A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:48:40 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookies  (Read 31225 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: April 08, 2015, 10:32:14 pm »

Why do I need to enable cookies to log into the forum?  I just upgraded to the latest iMac OS and want to keep things as clean as I can.

saintnicster
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:52:37 am »

Why do I need to enable cookies to log into the forum?  I just upgraded to the latest iMac OS and want to keep things as clean as I can.

Looking at the cookie list, the ones in use are for Google Analytics (basic tracking software, almost everyone has them), and a php Session ID.  The forums use this to do a basic authentication that yes, this browser was logged in with this account.  Cookies are how you used to save state between browser sessions on a web page.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:11 am »

Why do I need to enable cookies to log into the forum?  I just upgraded to the latest iMac OS and want to keep things as clean as I can.

It is probably warning about 3rd party cookies, which would be the google one.

I personally am pro-cookie. The edible ones anyway.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »

It is probably warning about 3rd party cookies, which would be the google one.

I personally am pro-cookie. The edible ones anyway.

Nope.  Cannot log on unless cookies are enabled, even if the TNF cookie is already there.

Edit:
If I enable cookies to log on and then go back and disable cookies and the Google tracking cookie it allows me to post.  At least it did for the original post of this one.

Edit 2:
I went back and checked cookies and even though I disabled cookies, more showed up.

Edit 3:
Now it won' let me edit my post unless cookies for this site only are enabled which also brings in the Google metrics cookie.

Edit 4:
Now it lets me post with only the Tuslanow cookie.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:17:36 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org