A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:02:30 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Posters Welcome  (Read 6393 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: April 07, 2015, 11:03:47 am »

So I notice between 20 to 40 guests on the forum whenever I look to see who's on.

I'd certainly like to see some new points of view on here.

Please add your thoughts.  TulsaNow Forum could use some diversity.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:50 am »

Just make sure they get me a beer.......

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:41:07 pm »

I have always wondered why we get so many guests and also registered users who never post.
True when I first started posting. I had a few of the grammar Police letting me know about my literary edjumacation. After a good cry I got over it.  Cry
So I too would like to invite more users to become abusers of the web site. And start posting your wonderful insights to the subjects at hand. Or start your own.
And if you get the chance to go to any of the lunch time meetings. Do that also and get to know the men behind the posts. Sadly I can't break away during the week. But I enjoyed the one time that I got the chance to do so.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:43:18 pm »

I have always wondered why we get so many guests and also registered users who never post.
True when I first started posting. I had a few of the grammar Police letting me know about my literary edjumacation. After a good cry I got over it.  Cry
So I too would like to invite more users to become abusers of the web site. And start posting your wonderful insights to the subjects at hand. Or start your own.
And if you get the chance to go to any of the lunch time meetings. Do that also and get to know the men behind the posts. Sadly I can't break away during the week. But I enjoyed the one time that I got the chance to do so.

A lot of the guests you may see in the stats are likely bots.  Newer versions of this forum software can tell which are bots and which aren't and will label them as such.

Bots crawl the sites for search results.

So while alot of the guests are probably that, a lot more are probably search engine crawlers.  Bots for short.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:50:13 am »

A lot of the guests you may see in the stats are likely bots.  Newer versions of this forum software can tell which are bots and which aren't and will label them as such.

Bots crawl the sites for search results.

So while alot of the guests are probably that, a lot more are probably search engine crawlers.  Bots for short.

That's a shame. I wish Tulsa had more positive and exciting things to post about.  Maybe we'd get more guests that bleed.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:45:11 pm »

I meant to say...Fetch me beer....Get after it newby's......

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:14 pm »

My beer assistant hasn't quite figured out sharing just yet.........

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:07:10 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 03:39:55 pm »

Heh.....!!!

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »

I am not new, but I am slightly used.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »

Of course you're used, but fortunately youve also been repurposed!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »

We probably scare them away.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org