A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:44 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redbuds?  (Read 6138 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: April 04, 2015, 12:57:34 pm »

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed wants me to get some photos of redbuds in bloom. So this morning, I tramped around the Redbud Valley Nature Center. Despite the name, there are few redbuds to be found within the park. The best examples I've seen were in yards, and while the one beside our house is outstanding, I'm looking for a bunch of redbuds together in a clump.

These are cherry blossoms, but it's the kind of shot I'm looking for around here:

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 03:47:25 pm »

Woodward Park....Ranch Acres.....

Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:18:53 pm »

I didn't think of Woodward Park. Where is Ranch Acres?

Ed

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:29:25 pm »

31st/Harvard

There are a few on Riverparks.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:34 pm »

31st/Harvard

There are a few on Riverparks.

I also saw several on the 15th St frontage of the Lowes at Yale.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 07:39:04 am »

I'm afraid that after the rain this morning, most of the blossoms will be down.

Ed

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 09:11:15 am »

Ranch Acres is Basically...31st to 41st Harvard to Lewis.....

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 05:17:10 pm »

Is that a photo from around here?  Doesn't look like Tulsa with all that on street parking and nice bus shelter and a sidewalk. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:21 pm »

No. It's not one of mine. I think it's DC during the cherry blossom festival.  I did a search in Google Images.

Ed

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 10:12:42 pm »

Go for a drive in the country!  There are many in bloom right now.

We saw a small, but very interesting group of trees this weekend out along Hillside Dr in BA - near Bass Pro Shops.  They were all young trees, probably in the 6' tall range, but very pretty - probably a couple hundred small trees in one group.  Many other singles and smaller groups.  Will try to ask SWMBO if she remembers where they were.

Also, there are a lot of flowering trees out west on Hwy 51 - south side of river, east of the Keystone dam road.  Also, on south side of dam, take the road that goes to the eagle refuge.  Lots of flowering there.  Also, if you turn back to that park where all the ATV's play, you can see the eagle nest that is there - it's pretty obvious.  Sounds like quite a few were destroyed in the storm, but this one still has two birds tending the nest, so am betting there are babies!

To get there, go out Avery Drive past Chandler park - drive to Hwy 97, then right on 51 to dam road.  When you come back, go to north side of river and either take the little road along the river - nice scenic drive - or take 412 east back to town.  Look across the river to see where the mobile home park west of Sand Springs was.  Terrible mess!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »

36th and Harvard.  West on 36th to the neighborhoods both side of 36th - early/mid 50's Ranch style houses.  Probably some of the best examples of Ranch in town!

Our trees still have plenty of blossoms left - rain didn't get them.  It did blast the flowering crabapple tree blossoms....

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:18:09 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org