A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:09:56 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormgasm 2015 is now open...  (Read 19024 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 12:16:21 pm »

I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing:

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:09 pm »

I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing:

Think I saw this last night leaving the game.  This on Second Street right by the 244 entrance eastbound (which is closed BTW)?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 02:30:09 pm »

Too bad it’s not one of the LED atrocities.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 03:41:00 pm »

Too bad it’s not one of the LED atrocities.

Oh man, I know...dammit Eric.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:37 pm »

Is that legit.....

It doesnt take into account the rest of the sky.  Compare with

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 06:24:16 am »

I wonder what the odds are of anywhere getting struck by a tornado twice are, let alone what are the odds that an area can be struck every other year over the last five years, and four times at least since 1999?

TWC interviewed someone from Moore who said they hold the record as far as tornadoes are concerned. They're probably right, but what a record to hold!

The odds of being struck as often and with such high intensity storms as Moore has seen seems to be pretty historic if The Weather Channel is accurate.

Areas can be struck twice though. In the early 1960s, my husband had an aunt and uncle who lived on a farm that was hit by two tornadoes in about a month's time. Our tornadoes are GENERALLY not the 4's and 5's that OK has and those wouldn't have been anywhere near it. I don't remember if tornadoes were categorized back then, definitely not with the EF scale, but they were tornadoes, nonetheless.

We were glued to TWC to see how things turned out down there. Some of their info was wrong, like the tornado being in Sand Springs being east of Tulsa, said their was a fatality, but didn't say if it was in Moore or Sand Springs, etc. Still amazing considering the pictures they showed and the interviews they did considering the type of weather they were dealing with.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 06:34:11 am »

Overshadowed by the weather was a report earlier yesterday that early in the week there was a record number of earthquakes in the area (north central OK) where the storm seemed to have started. So many that the state is warning drillers.

I remember hearing that there may be a connection between the quakes and storms. Anyone else hear or know about that?

You got me curious so I did a search and there is actually a lot of info out there about this very thing. I'd guess a more in-depth search could give us results refuting this.

http://earthsky.org/earth/correlation-between-tornadoes-and-seismic-activity

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 06:12:07 pm »

Nice link. Thanks. They should move those seismographs into Oklahoma and look for correlations here.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:33 am »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 09:44:52 am »

Ha ha!  Well-played!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:32 am »

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 08:33:56 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 07:21:05 am »

They caught all the tigers later that same evening. 

I have alluded to a somewhat nomadic lifestyle in the past, and one of the main implements/tools of that lifestyle was destroyed Wednesday evening with all the other RVs in southeast OKC.  What a gawd-awful-mess it is!!   I am the lucky one - I have spares.  And other homes....most of the long term residents there do not.  Now just need a new parking place....

As of this morning, the event has reinforced my lack of cash support to the Red Cross, nothing beyond a little vampire action.  Two days now and have not seen a single Red Cross emblem.  Lots of Faux News hovering around - Dallas, Tulsa, OKC - even talked with one for a while but won't be on camera - I am way to ugly for TV.  NBC (national I think) had a truck parked for a while yesterday.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 10:29:10 am »

As of this morning, the event has reinforced my lack of cash support to the Red Cross, nothing beyond a little vampire action.  Two days now and have not seen a single Red Cross emblem.  Lots of Faux News hovering around - Dallas, Tulsa, OKC - even talked with one for a while but won't be on camera - I am way to ugly for TV.  NBC (national I think) had a truck parked for a while yesterday.

Glad to hear you weren't being nomadic at the wrong time.

The Red Cross gets its info from local authorities, who sometimes let things slip through the cracks.
I would contact them directly:

Main Phone (918) 831-1100
Main Fax (918) 831-1134

24-hour emergency assistance after a disaster:
    918-831-1109 or 1-800-494-0275

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »

Glad to hear you weren't being nomadic at the wrong time.

The Red Cross gets its info from local authorities, who sometimes let things slip through the cracks.
I would contact them directly:

Main Phone (918) 831-1100
Main Fax (918) 831-1134

24-hour emergency assistance after a disaster:
    918-831-1109 or 1-800-494-0275

I was.  Went to Edmond, then came back right after it moved through.  Got to enjoy the whole experience for the second time in a month.  I think OKC is jinxed.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org