A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:04:59 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macy's Gearing Up  (Read 4137 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:11 pm »

Macys plan to start hiring soon, currently a neighbor of mine got a job there installing the racks/labels and getting the place ready for business. I guess he's going to start next Thursday- maybe that will give him a chance  to  get his foot in the door for getting hired on full time when the place opens up.  He's not working for Macys I believe  he's currently employed by the construction company building the place. His wife works in some aircraft company nearby. That's some great news to Tulsa! I wonder how Macys will get enough workers the Tulsa labor market is getting tight.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:44 pm »

I wonder how Macys will get enough workers the Tulsa labor market is getting tight.

It's a shame that Governor Fallin and the OK legislature have driven so much of Oklahoma's workforce out of the state huh?

At least we can still land a distribution center since the energy and technology centers are high tailing it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:10:42 pm by Townsend » Logged
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:06:38 pm »

Macys is already starting to hire--  However,   a girl I know has been working a temp job at the Macys center for the past two weeks putting labels on the racks and testing the sortation system. That place is huge and is totally high tech modern with the best of everything. The east wing is not finished yet and a lot of construction is still happening there but the west side is getting ready. Mary Fallin did good, the Fallin Administration fought off 3 or 4 other states to get Macys to come to Oklahoma. The Macys Center will employ around 4,000 people and 5,000 for Christmas. Hows that for Gov. Fallin making Oklahoma rock?? If Mary Fallin  was  not governor we never would of got Macys. The excitement is building on 76th street north!

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:08 pm »

It's a shame that Governor Fallin and the OK legislature have driven so much of Oklahoma's workforce out of the state huh?

At least we can still land a distribution center since the energy and technology centers are high tailing it.
 I think you mean Gov. Henry. he had jobs and companies flee Oklahoma to other states. The unemployment rate was around 7% under Henry as I recall. The Fallin Administration has Oklahoma around 4% unemployed  or lower. Oklahoma has one of  the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. That's a good thing. I wish Fallin could have a 3rd tem as Gov, this is one bad thing about term limits we lose good people at times....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:02 pm »

I think you mean Gov. Henry. he had jobs and companies flee Oklahoma to other states. The unemployment rate was around 7% under Henry as I recall. The Fallin Administration has Oklahoma around 4% unemployed  or lower. Oklahoma has one of  the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. That's a good thing. I wish Fallin could have a 3rd tem as Gov, this is one bad thing about term limits we lose good people at times....

How would you know, you didn't live here during that...oh, wait...nevermind.   Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

I think you mean Gov. Henry. he had jobs and companies flee Oklahoma to other states. The unemployment rate was around 7% under Henry as I recall. The Fallin Administration has Oklahoma around 4% unemployed  or lower. Oklahoma has one of  the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. That's a good thing. I wish Fallin could have a 3rd tem as Gov, this is one bad thing about term limits we lose good people at times....

When you have jobs leave and the people that held those jobs leave, the you have a zero percentage change. Bring in low skill jobs in a sufficient numbers and then you get a false improvment. Meaning if you lose 100 jobs at $20.00/hour and replace them with 200 people at $10.00/hour you have a zero sum gain. But then again logic and reason are not your strong points.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:48:50 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »

Replying to him only keeps the thread active.  Let's move on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:10:55 pm by Townsend » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »

Replying to him only keeps the thread active.  Let's move on.

Yeah, I know, but I like the word "sortation".

A sorting machine is boring, but a sortation system, now that's all high-techy and stuff.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:04:38 pm by swake » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:49 pm »

Yeah, I know, but I like the word "sortation".

A sorting machine is boring, but a sortation system, now that's all high-techy and stuff.

I know it seems fun. 

The only explanation I have is he posts when he runs out of medication.

So we're making fun of a mentally unstable individual and it seems wrong.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:21 pm »

I think you mean Gov. Henry. he had jobs and companies flee Oklahoma to other states. The unemployment rate was around 7% under Henry as I recall. The Fallin Administration has Oklahoma around 4% unemployed  or lower. Oklahoma has one of  the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. That's a good thing. I wish Fallin could have a 3rd tem as Gov, this is one bad thing about term limits we lose good people at times....

And of course you are wrong.

Lowest unemployment rates, huh?  Ok....if you count 9th lowest as 1 of the lowest....  Minnesota is lower than us!  That's gotta burn just a little bit, considering how Minnesota is... that would be progressive - spelled slowly so you can get it!

Also one of the lowest education spending rates in the country.
One of the lowest graduation rates from high school - but you know ALL about that, don't you?
One of the lowest rates of retaining college graduates for all those high paying STEM jobs we create every year.... oh, wait...
One of the lowest rates of incarceration of women in the world.   Oops...missed that one too.
One of the lowest rates of bad roads, bridges, infrastructure in the country.  Wait - that's not right....
One of the lowest rates of meth labs and usage in the country.   Darn!  Another one.
One of the lowest rates of smoking in the nation.  Except for not.
One of the lowest rates of bad health in the nation.  Well, I guess that is not quite right either.
One of the lowest.... on just about every measure of quality of life items.

I guess it's good you don't really live here so you don't have to experience the thrill of being at the bottom on so many important quality of life items.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org