A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:30:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Positive Tulsa News  (Read 2850 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: March 25, 2015, 12:11:58 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/24/us/ap-us-travel-neighborhoods-tulsa-hipster-revolution.html

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/after-years-of-mediocrity-tulsa-emerging-as-hipster-hub/ar-AA9WKaa

"Seems like there's a huge portion of people happy to have an Urban Outfitters and Fuddruckers, then there's a small population section that's starving for authenticity," says Brian Franklin, owner of DoubleShot Coffee Co.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »

The Double Shot guy's non-sequitur analogy is one of many reasons I wouldn't consider him a spokesperson for much of anything "authentic" Tulsa.  Indeed, "authentic" is a word abused almost as much as "hipster."
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 12:53:10 pm »

This was such a strange article. It sounded like it was written by someone who grew up around here and wants people to think their hometown is cool, but they are too insecure to truly be proud.  ("No really, Tulsa's kind of cool, but I'm proving how cool and aloof I am with my strangely twisted compliments about my mid-sized city.") I thought it was a blog post, and was surprised it was an AP article. It contained far too much commentary to be news.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »

Welcome to Portlandia! Remember to keep it wierd!

http://www.keepportlandweird.com/

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »

"Some people want to be affected authentic"... ::sips Americano from a piece of Navajo pottery::
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »

He's a bit of a dingleberry.......

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 02:03:38 pm »

He's a bit of a dingleberry.......

I’ve heard of him referred to as a shitstain.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 02:12:24 pm »

Lol.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org