A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:41 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopbunz II  (Read 2801 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: March 22, 2015, 05:05:04 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: South Tulsa
Date/Time of Visit: Saturday March 21st
Quality of Food (1-5): 3
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3
Quality of Service (1-5): 1
Atmosphere (1-5): 2
Overall Rating (1-5): 2
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$

What makes this restaurant unique: $49 for two burgers, two adult beverages and two sides is pretty damn unique.

Stopped in about 5:30 on Saturday afternoon. Line wasn't bad and was moving quickly. Ordering was a bit of an issue due to the noise level though and it took three tries before the girl working the register could understand my wife and I. After ordering we found a table and sat down. The table was free of plates, glasses, etc...but was not clean. After a bit we finally were able to flag someone down and get them to clean the ketchup and what looked like a smear of butter off the table. My wife had ordered a mixed drink and I ordered a beer, it took 15 minutes after we sat down to get them. Ten minutes later our food arrived, wrong. My wife had ordered a standard burger and they brought out a turkey burger. My burger was right, but rather than the onion rings I ordered some fried pickles arrived. I asked the guy who brought it if he was sure he had our number right. He gave me a blank stare and then wandered off with the incorrect food. Another 10 minutes went by before we got the correct food. At this point we were over half an hour since walking through the door which to me is unacceptable for a place of this sort.

The burgers themselves were ok, nothing special and certainly not worth the $9 each that they cost. The parmesan truffle fries my wife ordered has a good flavor, but were soggy and cold. Not just an absence of warmth, actually cold. My onion rings were ok, again nothing special though. The best thing about our meal was my beer and the wife's drink.

The service was bad, yes they had only been open a week, but that doesn't excuse the fact that at no time after bringing our food did anyone ever come by the table to ask how things were, see if we needed anything, etc... When the food was brought to the table the second time my wife's fries were delivered without the truffle oil that is supposed to come with them for dipping. We pointed that out to the server and asked for him to bring some, he never returned and trying to get someone's attention was pointless. I think a lot of the problem stems from how after the food comes out the servers have to wander the restaurant looking for the number that corresponds with the food they are delivering. It truly looked like Keystone cops at times and I have to think that actually ordering at the table would resolve this.

As for the atmosphere, there was none. Unless you want to count noise as atmosphere I suppose. At times it was so loud my wife and I couldn't even hold a conversation across the 4 top table we were sitting at. Though the tables and decor were nicer it reminded me of being in a McDonald's or Chuck E. Cheese during a kid's birthday party.

I have to admit that I've never quite understood the whole gourmet burger concept so I may not be the best person to review a place like this. As I said, the burgers were just ok and the sides weren't anything special either. Give me a good old fashioned, greasy burger and I would be much happier and my wallet wouldn't be so light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org