A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:56:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cord Cutting in Tulsa  (Read 167930 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2018, 11:47:46 am »

Iffy.  The TiVo im using I bought a couple weeks before 9/11.  How many other appliances last that long?

My home air conditioner.  Lasted from 1976 (new house install) until 2015.  Furnace still going strong...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2018, 01:14:20 pm »

My home air conditioner.  Lasted from 1976 (new house install) until 2015.  Furnace still going strong...

Not saying anything about my A/C for fear of jinxing.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2018, 01:43:40 pm »

I don't know if the email is legit; I haven't gotten one of these.

A confirmation of sorts... DirecTV is phasing out Standard Definition, so the loss of local channels is collateral damage.

If I were just going to loose the locals I wouldnt care thanks to a newfangled thing called an antenna (and if you live in Tornado Alley you should really have an antenna)  but at&t is just going to let the old satellites fall out of the sky (looking at you, China) and go all HD and 4K, etc.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:45 am »

Not saying anything about my A/C for fear of jinxing.

Sold the grandparents home about 2008-2009 or so.... still had the original Sears A/C system working from when the house was built in 1957 (21st and Memorial area - just before Hale High opened).  Couple years later, I drove by and noticed there was new unit installed.  I really was hoping for mine to match the performance of that machine, but sadly, it was not meant to be!   Points to the slow, inexorable, degradation and slide of American manufacturing over the years!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:24 am »

DirecTV pulled the plug on the Standard Definition satellites finally.  Time to put the TiVo that has been working flawlessly since the week before 9/11 out to pasture.

The cloud-based  DVR function on DirecTV NOW isnt quite the same as having a physical hard drive with your favorites patiently waiting to be browsed.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2019, 04:36:08 pm »

DirecTV pulled the plug on the Standard Definition satellites finally.  Time to put the TiVo that has been working flawlessly since the week before 9/11 out to pasture.

The cloud-based  DVR function on DirecTV NOW isnt quite the same as having a physical hard drive with your favorites patiently waiting to be browsed.

And in August Ill likely pull the plug on Directv

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2019, 10:15:40 pm »

And in August Ill likely pull the plug on Directv

What happens in August (other than you pulling your plug)?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2019, 11:26:03 am »

What happens in August (other than you pulling your plug)?

Contract is up

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »

Now that at&t has trashed DirecTV they are talking about dumping it altogether.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/18/att-may-split-with-directv-satellite-unit

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2019, 11:53:19 am »

Now that at&t has trashed DirecTV they are talking about dumping it altogether.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/18/att-may-split-with-directv-satellite-unit

Glad I got out when I did...

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2019, 09:09:55 pm »

Glad I got out when I did...

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Millions of AT&T U-verse, DIRECTV and AT&T TV NOW (formerly DIRECTV NOW) subscribers in 86 markets are at risk of losing access to 136 television stations (including popular ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW And MyNet-affiliates) and Tennis Channel, due to AT&T’s unwillingness to negotiate fair market carriage licenses with Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.

Who wastes their data allowance watching local channels when compact antennas are cheap and plentiful?

rebound
City Father

« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2019, 08:27:06 am »

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Millions of AT&T U-verse, DIRECTV and AT&T TV NOW (formerly DIRECTV NOW) subscribers in 86 markets are at risk of losing access to 136 television stations (including popular ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW And MyNet-affiliates) and Tennis Channel, due to AT&T’s unwillingness to negotiate fair market carriage licenses with Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.

Who wastes their data allowance watching local channels when compact antennas are cheap and plentiful?

Data allowance?   I have U-verse and don't have a data allowance.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2019, 05:16:42 pm »

Data allowance?   I have U-verse and don't have a data allowance.

I have U-verse internet and have a monthly data allowance.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »

We have two home offices, and have the unlimited plan.   I did have an allowance on my ATT cell phone, but changed that recently.  I've decided it's best for me to just bite the bullet and go with an unlimited plan.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2019, 07:04:49 am »

Data allowance is supposed to be waived for $10 or free if you have TV service.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org