A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:24:31 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eight beers you must stop drinking IMMEDIATELY!  (Read 8888 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »

Which is why I smoke my hydroponic organic tobacco in a vaporizer with organic air.

Organic air just tastes better.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:54:21 pm »

Which is why I smoke my hydroponic organic tobacco in a vaporizer with organic air.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:49 pm »

I am writing a new diet book that focuses on regular intake of preservatives. I know what they do to meat and I figure our bodies are mostly meat as well.

As your online doctor, I recommend a convenience store hot dog and to call me in the morning.

My daughter has requested that all of her meals include QuikTrip egg rolls.  Undecided

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »

I am writing a new diet book that focuses on regular intake of preservatives. I know what they do to meat and I figure our bodies are mostly meat as well.

As your online doctor, I recommend a convenience store hot dog and to call me in the morning.

How about Coney Islander?  Can that substitute for the convenience store dog??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 05:35:40 pm »

On the list I will drink Corona, Guiness, and PBR from time to time. And will continue to do so.

The "dangerous' stuff list:

GMO Corn Syrup - aka corn syrup. aka 96% pure glucose. (cane sugar is almost 50/50 sucrose and glucose)
GMO Corn - aka corn.
High Fructose Corn Syrup - up to 90% fructose. Most commercially used variants are almost 50/50 fructose and glucose... so, basically sugar. (if pesky peer reviewed science journals like American Journal of Clinical Nutrition can be believed over crazies on the internet)
Fish Bladder- great example of "icky must be bad."
Propylene glycol - not sure what this is, didn't bother looking it up given the contents of this list thus far. But i sounds scary.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - seaweed. No study has ever linked this with the negative side effects it is known for. More recent studies actually declared the "cause and effect" it a fallacy.
Natural Flavors - umm, isn't that good?
GMO Sugars - sugar.
Caramel Coloring - I don't really like artificial coloring, but for all I know caramel is used to add the color... so what?
Insect-Based Dyes - well thank god it's all natural. Americans unknowingly eat up to 2 pounds of bugs a year according to scientific america.
Carrageenan - irish moss = more seaweed. I thought natural was good?
BPA - developed in the 1860s, used to line cans mostly. Synthetic estrogen. If you eat foods from a can, container, or from a restaurant... you ingest BPA. And so did your parents, grandparents, and great grand parents.
& lots more...

Presumably the "lots more" are even less scary...

I need a drink.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »

On the list I will drink Corona, Guiness, and PBR from time to time. And will continue to do so.

The "dangerous' stuff list:

GMO Corn Syrup - aka corn syrup. aka 96% pure glucose. (cane sugar is almost 50/50 sucrose and glucose)
GMO Corn - aka corn.
High Fructose Corn Syrup - up to 90% fructose. Most commercially used variants are almost 50/50 fructose and glucose... so, basically sugar. (if pesky peer reviewed science journals like American Journal of Clinical Nutrition can be believed over crazies on the internet)
Fish Bladder- great example of "icky must be bad."
Propylene glycol - not sure what this is, didn't bother looking it up given the contents of this list thus far. But i sounds scary.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - seaweed. No study has ever linked this with the negative side effects it is known for. More recent studies actually declared the "cause and effect" it a fallacy.
Natural Flavors - umm, isn't that good?
GMO Sugars - sugar.
Caramel Coloring - I don't really like artificial coloring, but for all I know caramel is used to add the color... so what?
Insect-Based Dyes - well thank god it's all natural. Americans unknowingly eat up to 2 pounds of bugs a year according to scientific america.
Carrageenan - irish moss = more seaweed. I thought natural was good?
BPA - developed in the 1860s, used to line cans mostly. Synthetic estrogen. If you eat foods from a can, container, or from a restaurant... you ingest BPA. And so did your parents, grandparents, and great grand parents.
& lots more...

Presumably the "lots more" are even less scary...

I need a drink.

Biggest direct observable effect right now for GMO is how it affects pollinators - when there is effectively "insecticide" genes in the plant, the bees are gonna die from the pollen.  Since pollinators are dropping like flies...maybe it won't matter real soon!

And the glyphosate resistance means more an more of it is needed for weed control.  Maybe that's why it's use has soared over the last couple decades...

About the sugars....well, all of them are poison.  But the HFCS fools your pancreas by going 'underground'.  Does not respond the same way as to other sugars.

Propylene glycol - anti-freeze.  Not really - used to make plastics.  Base for deicing solutions - like what you put in your windshield washer tank.  Propane-1,2-diol    And food....sort of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Natural flavors - I suspect most of them are just coal tar derivatives....

MSG treated rats - treated to make fat for experiments.  Maybe that explains why I have so much extra weight and love Chinese food so much!!  And SWMBO gets a headache when gets it in larger concentrations in food.

BPA - ancestors really didn't get that much of it.  Parents some, but grand and greats - no.  But I am so old that they didn't use plastic that much - wasn't much of it around then.  What we think of as plastics was from the 30's, and it took until after WWII to become prevalent.  More cast iron and aluminum world.  Probably better than lead for tin cans.  Interesting timeline - but good to know that Dow and BASF have our best interests at heart!  I wonder if JAMA is really a radical, extremist left wing clandestine organization - as might be inferred from their statements on BPA.  With lots of references....

http://www.ewg.org/research/timeline-bpa-invention-phase-out

You didn't mention aluminum - I think there is a bad connection there - it's in every anti-perspirant for the last 30+ years!  What has happened in Alzheimer's in that time?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org