A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:17 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PlaniTulsa  (Read 22815 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 08:12:08 pm »

I fear that if Dewey ever gets his wish for "water in the river," we won't actually get water.... just thousands of orange cones. Grin

Good one!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 01:06:41 am »

I kind of remember KRMG releasing hundreds (thousands?) of small floating objects during the Great Raft Races.

I remember the first event, and by the time the first floaters/paddlers got to the pedestrian bridge they ran out of water to float their crafts.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 06:28:32 am »

I remember the first event, and by the time the first floaters/paddlers got to the pedestrian bridge they ran out of water to float their crafts.

I was thinking they released things other than rafts.  I kind of remember them as being something small the rafters could grab as "trophy".  There may have been some marked to redeem for a prize of some sort but I'm not sure about that.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 10:47:50 am »

I was thinking they released things other than rafts.  I kind of remember them as being something small the rafters could grab as "trophy".  There may have been some marked to redeem for a prize of some sort but I'm not sure about that.

Was it something like a duck race as well as whatever else was "floating" in the river at that time?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »

I think they released hundreds of yellow rubber duckies and there were some different colored ones that you snagged for a prize.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 01:56:09 pm »

I fear that if Dewey ever gets his wish for "water in the river," we won't actually get water.... just thousands of orange cones. Grin

Ain't that the truth!! 

Like we don't have enough of them already.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:42 pm »

How does PlaniTulsa benefit South Tulsa?
If PlaniTulsa were really implemented with gusto, we would have increased density, mixed-use forms, redevelopment of underutilized (but already paved) spaces, strategic private/public partnerships, improved walkability/transit....

South Tulsa (and every Tulsan) would get all the benefits of an increased tax base and a more efficient and economically viable city: better schools, better roads, better jobs, better mobility options, better cultural attractions, increased opportunity, increased services, better parks, greater diversity, improved public safety, improved public health outcomes...

Alternatively, there's the status quo.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »

I am still really curious about the process.  I thought I remember something about it being implemented after the small area plans are done.  Now they are taking more "requests for proposals" for the next round of small area plans.  I looked at the process, thought of entering in the area around 41st and Yale and perhaps up Yale.  Dug into what was involved and it looked like a loooooong process that I couldn't possibly spend that much time on unfortunately.  Looked like this next round could easily take a few years... and then what after that, another round of small area planing?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 08:56:38 am »

Quote from: KOKI
The Tulsa Development Authority is partnering with Houseal Lavigne, an urban planning firm, to begin sector planning for North Tulsa and Kendall Whittier.

These sector plans will be blueprints the city will use for the next 10-20 years to help guide public investment and private development.

The plans will result from this effort will build upon PlaniTulsa, the City's community-wide plan. Plans will include specific guidance regarding potential improvements to housing, commercial areas, open spaces and infrastructure.

The North Tulsa Neighborhoods Plan will be a sector plan for an area bound by I-244, Tisdale Parkway, Gilcrease Expressway and the Cherokee Expressway. Another sector plan will include the Kendall Whittier neighborhood.

Where & When:

Kendall Whittier planning meetings

Residents:
 Circle Cinema
 10 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK
 March 23
 6-8 p.m.

Businesses:
 Circle Cinema
 10 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK
 March 24
 8-10 a.m.

North Tulsa planning meetings

Residents:
 Rudisill Regional Library
 1520 N. Hartford Ave., Tulsa, OK
 March 24
 6-8 p.m.

Businesses:
 Morton Comprehensive Health Services
 1334 N. Lansing Ave., Tulsa, OK
 Wednesday, March 25
 8-10 a.m.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/meetings-talk-about-north-tulsa-plans/nkZw5/

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 05:01:51 pm »

Just FYI, the Kendall Whittier and North Tulsa workshops shown above are "Sector Plans" which are initiated by the Tulsa Development Authority.  This is different than the City's comprehensive plan.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 06:43:13 pm »

So I am wondering about these "Sector Plans" and "Small area Plans" is...

In a nutshell.

These are basically ideas for what people would like to see in the area.
These ideas are then made to be "allowable" in the New Comprehesive Plan.
But allowable only if they meet such and such requirements (100% of the people in the area agree for example) and jump through these hurdles.... and after you do A, B, C, D... during which at any time the whole thing can be put off indefinitely, or watered back down to irrelevancy by those who want to fight against it.

Am I right?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:44:55 pm by TheArtist » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org