A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Riverside Apartments  (Read 50423 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2022, 08:44:19 am »

Oof, and here I was hoping the rent on those things would come down someday so I could consider moving there. Not enough quality apartment projects in the area to move things downward yet... at this point things come online slowly enough that the level of demand stays pretty constant.

Assuming the average apartment there goes for $1,400, it's going to take them over 15 years to break even...
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2022, 10:07:18 am »

Per the Tulsa World, "A New York investment company recently bought a landmark Tulsa apartment complex for one of the highest per-unit prices in the city’s history, officials said Monday.

The Cosmopolitan, a four-story, 264-unit development along the Arkansas River near downtown, sold April 12 for $68 million, or $257,576 per apartment.

The sale marks the first investment in Oklahoma for Kushner Cos., a real estate and management firm that has been on a massive buying spree across the Southeast and Sunbelt regions, where the company has bought more than 7,000 multifamily units since 2021."

So much for affordability in that area however Kushner does have a track record of massively overpaying for everything so not unexpected.

Oof, and here I was hoping the rent on those things would come down someday so I could consider moving there. Not enough quality apartment projects in the area to move things downward yet... at this point things come online slowly enough that the level of demand stays pretty constant.

Assuming the average apartment there goes for $1,400, it's going to take them over 15 years to break even...

Surprisingly they could probably flip this project today for $275k a unit or more...  it's been under contract for a while and since cap rate have gone down and rent have gone up at least 10% or more.

Kushner is not a good person/company - looks like they're putting all that tax payer money they shouldn't have got to use though. At least they've wised up to invest outside of NY into markets that have better value growth.

Tulsa needs a lot more residential units built if we have any realistic hope of prices not going through the roof.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2022, 10:43:34 am »

ARG just sold both Lincoln Park on Riverside and Renaissance Uptown on 11th/Denver about a week ago. Not sure the price but I'm sure it was substantial. Frees up capital for them to redeploy into other projects.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2022, 02:00:56 pm »

That's kind of exciting. Although it's hard to say if they would focus those funds here. They've already got Santa Fe, and while our market is hot it's not the hottest market that they work in.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2022, 09:38:18 am »

The Renaissance has to be one of the weirdest complexes around. A suburban apartment complex in a desolated part of downtown. It is a weird place everytime I drive by.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2022, 11:34:32 am »

The Renaissance has to be one of the weirdest complexes around. A suburban apartment complex in a desolated part of downtown. It is a weird place everytime I drive by.

It reminds me of a funeral parlor.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2022, 12:01:31 pm »

Surprised that the empty lots across the street from Renaissance have never been turned into apartments.  With the OSU Med expansion and VA Hospital there will be a larger demand for housing in south downtown. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org