A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:33:05 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And the beat goes on.....  (Read 10246 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:40 pm »

Thanks AQ for getting that song stuck in my head all day.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 02:33:45 pm »

Thanks AQ for getting that song stuck in my head all day.

Go here/hear....maybe this will break it loose.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfbmjUQOFxs

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:17 pm »

That was a good cut. "Drums keep beatin' a rhythm to the brain......"

I walked two miles downtown on one snowy December day to buy my sister that 45 for Christmas at Bill's T Records across from the old Central High. She was impressed. Turns out my parents really liked Sonny and Cher and their variety show. That spelled the end of their career to me.

Don't forget to vote for the bond issue!

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:15 pm »

That was a good cut. "Drums keep beatin' a rhythm to the brain......"

I walked two miles downtown on one snowy December day to buy my sister that 45 for Christmas at Bill's T Records across from the old Central High. She was impressed. Turns out my parents really liked Sonny and Cher and their variety show. That spelled the end of their career to me.

Don't forget to vote for the bond issue!

A lot of people liked it - they truly cut across a wide range of America.  Some pop music does that...even if it is 'bubble-gum'.  I liked it, and for one 70 year old I knew at the time, it was his favorite show!   Actually, several oldies liked it, along with people between, but he was the oldest of the bunch.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 08:08:05 am »

Variety shows were pretty good television, much better than reality shows.  Just for kicks I thought I’d look up who all had shows.  Seems like the Osmond Brothers had a show for awhile and I notice they left Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In off the list:

The Carol
Burnett Shows

The Jacksons

Summer Season
Shows of the '70s

The Golddiggers

Joey and Dad

Lola Falana

Van Dyke
and Company

The Carpenters

The Andy Williams Show

Glen Campbell
Goodtime Hour

The Flip
Wilson Show

The Sonny &
Cher Shows

The New
Bill Cosby

The Bobby
Darin Show

Hudson Brothers

Sha Na Na

The Smothers
Brothers Show

The Cher Show

The Redd Foxx
Comedy Hour

Timmie Rogers

Dean Martin Show

Wait...what was this topic about?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 08:44:08 am »

We love our entertainment and the state legislature is such a buzz kill.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 09:27:44 am »

Variety shows were pretty good television, much better than reality shows.  Just for kicks I thought I’d look up who all had shows.  Seems like the Osmond Brothers had a show for awhile and I notice they left Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In off the list:

The Carol
Burnett Shows

The Jacksons

Summer Season
Shows of the '70s

The Golddiggers

Joey and Dad

Lola Falana

Van Dyke
and Company

The Carpenters

The Andy Williams Show

Glen Campbell
Goodtime Hour

The Flip
Wilson Show

The Sonny &
Cher Shows

The New
Bill Cosby

The Bobby
Darin Show

Hudson Brothers

Sha Na Na

The Smothers
Brothers Show

The Cher Show

The Redd Foxx
Comedy Hour

Timmie Rogers

Dean Martin Show

Wait...what was this topic about?

Captain and Tenille

Brady Bunch Hour

Seems like there was a Muppets Show in prime time for a while....

Charo almost got a show, but didn't make it - made a pilot and a few shows - went to American Armed Forces Network only.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org