A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:23 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rip Spock  (Read 7827 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: February 27, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »

He lived long and prospered.....

rebound
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 01:06:54 pm »

Yeah,  saw that.   Kinda bummed today. 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »

He lived long and prospered.....

Was a role model, but I was kinda passive in those days.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »

As a kid I was very socially awkward and quiet, and didn't get most jokes.  But everyone in school thought I was really good at science so they started calling me Spock.  I took it as a compliment.  

Each spring and summer when I was little I would get to live with my grandmother on her small farm out near Turley.  One great thing about grandma was that she would let me stay up late to watch Star Trek after the news.  Often times I would not quite be able to make staying up that late, but boy I would try my darndest to keep my eyes open and not fall asleep lol.  What a great show that was for a little kid back in those days.  Star Trek came on the year I was born 1966, and on my 40th birthday the family had a surprise party for me and my favorite gift was a T-shirt that said "40 Years of Star Trek"!  

Rest in Peace Spock.  

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:39 pm »

A large part of my nerd life just took a brutal body shot with this news. Very sad to hear this.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »

As a kid I was very socially awkward and quiet, and didn't get most jokes.  But everyone in school thought I was really good at science so they started calling me Spock.  I took it as a compliment.  

Each spring and summer when I was little I would get to live with my grandmother on her small farm out near Turley.  One great thing about grandma was that she would let me stay up late to watch Star Trek after the news.  Often times I would not quite be able to make staying up that late, but boy I would try my darndest to keep my eyes open and not fall asleep lol.  What a great show that was for a little kid back in those days.  Star Trek came on the year I was born 1966, and on my 40th birthday the family had a surprise party for me and my favorite gift was a T-shirt that said "40 Years of Star Trek"!  

Rest in Peace Spock.  

Never ever say you are from Turley....You're just a little south of Sperry..... Grin

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:50 pm »

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." Thank you Leonard Nimoy.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »

Saturday evenings, 8 PM, METV:
Reruns (obviously) of the original Star Treks.
 Smiley

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:42:49 pm »

I didn't know this.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 11:04:29 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPK2tTx0tc[/youtube]
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 09:13:07 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org