A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd St & S Frankfort Ave Building  (Read 7368 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« on: February 15, 2015, 02:14:16 pm »

Construction Fence is up on the building at E. 2nd St. & S. Frankfort Ave., Tulsa, Oklahoma.  This is the building between Lee's and Legends.  It appears to have been a car dealership sometime in the past and it was used to host special events in the recent past.  Anyone know what is going on?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:15:10 pm »

Construction Fence is up on the building at E. 2nd St. & S. Frankfort Ave., Tulsa, Oklahoma.  This is the building between Lee's and Legends.  It appears to have been a car dealership sometime in the past and it was used to host special events in the recent past.  Anyone know what is going on?

Some construction work?   Grin

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »

I hope it is something new. Or maybe some new work on something old.

Sorry. I have no clue.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 02:35:44 pm »

In the 80's it was an independent BMW repair shop. The painted stripes on the building are BMW's  (actually BMW Motorsport) colors. I had a car that I took to them because they were the only place that knew how to tune and sync multiple Weber carburetor setups.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:42:46 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:02:02 pm »

Probably deserved that one ...
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

I think this property was bought by the Ross Group. No clue whether this will be offices for them or whether it's going to be retail space and just an investment property.

I've always thought this building would be a great public market space... but just happy to see it being renovated and put to use.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 10:30:53 am »

I think this property was bought by the Ross Group. No clue whether this will be offices for them or whether it's going to be retail space and just an investment property.

I've always thought this building would be a great public market space... but just happy to see it being renovated and put to use.

Agree on the market, but also imagine breaking up the western face into multiple store fronts with a large anchor on 2nd St.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:39 am »

From page 49 of this Month's Tulsa People http://issuu.com/tulsapeople/docs/tp_0315ds/1

International Harvester Building, East Second Street and South Frankfort Avenue | The Property was formerly a dealership for agricultural and construction equipment.  Designed by Selser Schaefer Architects, Ross Group’s historic restoration will turn the 37,000-square-foot building into a Tulsa headquarters for 140 of the construction company’s employees, according to CEO and President Warren Ross.  The project is expected to be complete in late 2015.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:45:50 am by gratherton » Logged
rdj
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:21:57 am »

From page 49 of this Month's Tulsa People http://issuu.com/tulsapeople/docs/tp_0315ds/1
Internal Harvester Building, East Second Street and South Frankfort Avenue | The Property was formerly a dealership for agricultural and construction equipment.  Designed by Selser Schaefer Architects, Ross Group’s historic restoration will turn the 37,000-square-foot building into a Tulsa headquarters for 140 of the construction company’s employees, according to CEO and President Warren Ross.  The project is expected to be complete in late 2015.

I bet the walls of the Internal Harvester building have seen some gross things...

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:17 am »

Thanks for sharing.  That is a really good issue of Tulsa People!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:21 am »

Ross Group originally was going to build their HQ at the old city permit office that is now proposed as apartments (Brickhugger project).  Good to see them still committed to downtown and repurposing an old building.  140 new employees is a win (they are currently located in east Tulsa).

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 11:22:27 am »

Ross Group originally was going to build their HQ at the old city permit office that is now proposed as apartments (Brickhugger project).

Where is that? And can you point to an article that says that?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:06 pm »

Probably deserved that one ...

Don't worry about guido....he's having wheels put on that stick that's up his a$$ so he can get around easier....
 Grin Grin Grin

Sorry, guido,....sometimes I just can't resist!!  It's probably a personality defect...or something...
Sometimes I make myself laugh!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:51:06 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 07:03:28 pm »

Where is that? And can you point to an article that says that?

Across the street from Hartford Commons on Greenwood between 1st and 2nd.  90 units.  Brickhugger is the developer.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/developers-seek-a-transformation-of-east-village-area/article_23bb379e-8f71-5851-a2bd-c20102240c03.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org