A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:50:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Coney Island to move  (Read 7720 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: February 25, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »

I didn't see this anywhere else in the forum, even via search, but watching the news tonight informed me that the Coney Island downtown is moving soon.  To the Brady District.  Evidently, they will be moving into a space about four times the size of their current space on 4th Street, next to Sisserou's at Archer and Main.  I like it...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 09:02:12 am »

I love seeing local businesses move into the Brady. It's my favorite district in Tulsa.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:40:25 am »

I really love the ideal of Coney Island - just can't hardly stand their implementation of that ideal.  Maybe it's the Ike's Chili Bowl Sawdust chili....

But even with that, there are times when NOTHING else will do...!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:43:36 pm »

You often bash restaurant food on TulsaNow. Maybe you have a more refined palate than the rest of us.

I like Ike's Chili. It has been a Tulsa operation for over 100 years. Coney Island has been serving in downtown Tulsa for almost 90 years.

How will they ever survive without your business?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »

Does this mean they have to serve $25 per person meals like the rest of Brady?
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:12 pm »

Does this mean they have to serve $25 per person meals like the rest of Brady?

$25 gets you 3 coneys, a bag of chips, and drink  Wink
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »

$25 gets you 3 coneys, a bag of chips, and drink  Wink

Do I get cheese on those coneys, or is that extra??
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:23:59 pm »

You often bash restaurant food on TulsaNow. Maybe you have a more refined palate than the rest of us.

I like Ike's Chili. It has been a Tulsa operation for over 100 years. Coney Island has been serving in downtown Tulsa for almost 90 years.

How will they ever survive without your business?

Just because it isn't that great a chili doesn't mean I don't eat it....the rest of my comment....

And I bet there aren't very many on this board - a small handful - who have eaten at Coney Island as much as I have or for as long.  I started downtown in the late 60's.  For several years back then, I ate there 2 to 3 times a week at lunch....too much, I know.

Kind of like Ron's Hamburgers...tastes like same chili, but sometimes there's just nothing gonna do except their chili cheeseburger!

Not sure how refined a palate, but I eat out all but maybe 4 or 5 times a month.  Many (most) places just aren't that great - they all blend into generic mush.  Most of them fall into that category.  Now, I would love to be able to afford places like Pologrill or some of the other better places in town- just can't afford to go there very much.   

There is a nice little restaurant in Broken Arrow now called the Apple Barrel.  Decent breakfast - the hash browns and the home fries are both really good!!  Sunday the daily special is turkey/dressing, etc. VERY good!  I try to make it there when I can for that special for breakfast.   $6.99.  And enough leftovers for two more meals during the week.  In fact, the last of the leftovers was dinner tonight!  Great dinner.

La Madaleine down on Cherry street is really good, too.  Not bad for a chain!   And who can't stand Cheesecake Factory?

Lots of commotion over Oklahoma Joe's in BA, but there is one called Smokies Hickory House way out east that is noticeably better.  No one will ever be sorry for going there over Ok Joes.  I may be sorry I mentioned them - if they get too busy to get in.  And bonus - the place has the look that I love!!

Oh, yeah...Dallas, TX!!  Place called Abacus.... Wow!!   Another one of those really expensive places!

There are some that are permanently off the list to visit due to food poisoning - I give everyone two chances....
Waffle House
Furrs Cafeteria
Kentucky Fried Chicken - still eat the chicken and the pot pie, but never a side....ever!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:26:20 am »

Do I get cheese on those coneys, or is that extra??

LOL!
For you? Cheese, onions, the works!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:46 am »

Me? Long time Coney Island patron. Cheese? Of course. And Louisiana hot sauce as well. Started in 1966 at the 2nd (3rd?) street location, then the Main Street location (Jim's) and eventually the real thing over across from the Downtowner Motel. That place was pure 1920's. Now I occasionally go to the one on Harvard and 21st, mostly for their Gyro's.

I'm currently loving on Ron's chili over off 15th & Denver.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 11:38:58 am »

4 No Onions and a Strawberry pop....Chili Powder and LHS.....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 11:57:09 am »

4 No Onions and a Strawberry pop....Chili Powder and LHS.....

The Cayenne powder is the key to a great coney. 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 11:58:33 am »

That's the real Ron's, still owned by the family, that moved from over on 15th. I don't know how many of the others they actually own.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:01 pm »

That's the real Ron's, still owned by the family, that moved from over on 15th. I don't know how many of the others they actually own.

At one point, each Ron’s belonged to a family member including kids, cousins, and in-laws.  Not sure if that is still the policy or not.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 01:07:25 pm »

Me? Long time Coney Island patron. Cheese? Of course. And Louisiana hot sauce as well. Started in 1966 at the 2nd (3rd?) street location, then the Main Street location (Jim's) and eventually the real thing over across from the Downtowner Motel. That place was pure 1920's. Now I occasionally go to the one on Harvard and 21st, mostly for their Gyro's.

I knew you are as old as me!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org