A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:22:45 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoning Code Update meeting  (Read 9284 times)
chimchim
Citizen

« on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:44 pm »

The next public meeting for Zoning Code Update is March 4th from 6:30- 8:00 pm at University of Oklahoma, Tulsa Schusterman Library located at 4502 E 41st St., Tulsa.

This meeting is for anyone in the public who wishes to attend.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 03:52:20 pm »

The next public meeting for Zoning Code Update is March 4th from 6:30- 8:00 pm at University of Oklahoma, Tulsa Schusterman Library located at 4502 E 41st St., Tulsa.
This meeting is for anyone in the public who wishes to attend.

So is the meeting on 15 April at Central Center at Centennial Park  more of a progress report or a solicitation for input?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:34 pm »

My understanding is that it will be both informative and an opportunity for people to ask questions and make comments. At a previous public meeting, they were capturing comments.

It's hard bc they're trying to explain some of the changes to a broad audience, which means they have to over-simplify sometimes. But with zoning, the devil's in the details.

So if you have specific feedback (about lighting, perhaps?) please provide specific comments on the feedback page. And come to the meeting, too!

We need informed citizens to be involved and speak up, because otherwise the good old boys will be the only voices heard.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »

The April 15th (fifteenth) meeting was disappointing to me.

Two (2) problems, as I see it:

1.  The time was advertised as 6-7:30pm.  But at 7:00pm, the session was abruptly ended, and no more questions were taken from the audience.  I didn't have any questions myself, but some people sitting near me did, and I think they were as surprised as I was when the Q&A period was suddenly cut off.  I thought to myself: "It can't be 7:30 already."  Seems a waste to advertise a 90 (ninety) minute long meeting, then cut a third (33%) of it, especially when there were people waiting to speak.  My interpretation:  The City didn't really want to hear from those attending.

2.  Considerable time at the beginning of the meeting was wasted on jokes and goofy questions about Chicago's public transportation system and Victorian painted ladies in San Francisco.  I can understand the initial light-hearted "Top Ten (10)" list to set a jovial mood, but most of the questions weren't funny.  Updating the zoning code might be a laughing matter if you happen to work for the City Planning Department or have been hired as a zoning consultant or have a law practice specializing in land use regulations.  But many people in the audience are not satisfied with Tulsa's current zoning code.  They don't think it's particularly funny, especially if their own property or neighborhood is threatened by encroaching development.  My interpretation:  The City didn't really want to hear from those attending.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »

The April 15th (fifteenth) meeting was disappointing to me.

Two (2) problems, as I see it:

1.  The time was advertised as 6-7:30pm.  But at 7:00pm, the session was abruptly ended, and no more questions were taken from the audience.  I didn't have any questions myself, but some people sitting near me did, and I think they were as surprised as I was when the Q&A period was suddenly cut off.  I thought to myself: "It can't be 7:30 already."  Seems a waste to advertise a 90 (ninety) minute long meeting, then cut a third (33%) of it, especially when there were people waiting to speak.  My interpretation:  The City didn't really want to hear from those attending.

2.  Considerable time at the beginning of the meeting was wasted on jokes and goofy questions about Chicago's public transportation system and Victorian painted ladies in San Francisco.  I can understand the initial light-hearted "Top Ten (10)" list to set a jovial mood, but most of the questions weren't funny.  Updating the zoning code might be a laughing matter if you happen to work for the City Planning Department or have been hired as a zoning consultant or have a law practice specializing in land use regulations.  But many people in the audience are not satisfied with Tulsa's current zoning code.  They don't think it's particularly funny, especially if their own property or neighborhood is threatened by encroaching development.  My interpretation:  The City didn't really want to hear from those attending.

Like people like me keep saying.... it ain't gonna get better 'til the clown show is un-elected.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org