A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:43:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA SNAFU  (Read 3558 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« on: February 24, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »

Sounds like business as usual at the VA.

Secretary Robert McDonald apologized Monday for misstating that he served in the military’s special forces.
McDonald made the erroneous claim while speaking to a homeless veteran during a segment that aired last month on “CBS Evening News.”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/02/24/va-secretary-apologizes-for-lying-that-he-served-in-special-forces/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

I saw this on the news early this morning.  Ironic, huh?  Seems a lot of people these days are hyping up their non-existent military/wartime action portfolios (BriWi, O'Reilly and now this guy).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »

That's me, in the back, talking to that guy in the hat.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »

Pretty sad when the person chosen to fix lying and erroneous problems is caught fabricating his own story less than 8 months after starting the job.

I've gone from low expectations of the government to fix their problems to no expectations.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »

Pretty sad when the person chosen to fix lying and erroneous problems is caught fabricating his own story less than 8 months after starting the job.

I've gone from low expectations of the government to fix their problems to no expectations.

Of course.  You've got people in the Congress now running or current incumbents screaming about how bad government is.

Guys (and gals), remind us who you work for again??

SMH.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 06:59:55 pm »

At least one of my many bosses, fabricated a BBA from OU. He attended but never finished. Others I suspected. Over the years I've heard of plenty more. Since most government officials have business experience its not too surprising.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

That's me, in the back, talking to that guy in the hat.

Hey!  I was in that one, too!  Second guy from the right, looking in the general direction of the camera.

Oops...mea culpa... I wasn't really in that one.  Was on a jeep carrier (USS Attu) on the way back to San Diego at the time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org