A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:28:39 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe the best thing you'll see all day.  (Read 7652 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:34 pm »

You all sound like Obama.  

Instead of building more prisons (killing terrorists) Need better education and arts programs to have a better economy and keep kids from growing up and becoming criminals (terrorists).  

Arts programs for criminals?

All we need are more little kids plinking and singing away and not more prisons to lock up horrible criminals that hurt others?  Hogwash!  

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:10:33 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:46:44 pm »

Sober, such a complex song.  As a drummer, it's incredibly nuanced.  Toughest song I ever had to try and cover.

I know nothing about that...due to previously mentioned lack of artistic talent...

I just kinda like the song.  The video is full of strange sh$$.... Have talked about building a basement along the lines of old Frankenstein movies - some of that stuff might make it into the mix.  But SWMBO just isn't quite on board with it all yet....  She is a good little Baptist girl that I have been trying to corrupt to my ways.

Grandkids give the "open jaw" reaction when I mention it.  Didn't really want them to listen to it when they were young just because of some of the rough edges, but they are all old now, too, so go for it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »

No Stinkfist jokes yet?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 09:53:57 pm »

Your kids do anything artistic?  I have a mixed bag - I got nothing, but most of the kids are loaded with talent.  In large part thanks to the public schools - band, art class, etc!!

Both into music. But private schools... Shocked

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 10:06:50 pm »

Both into music. But private schools... Shocked

Good!!  That is fantastic, no matter what school they are in.  I took private music lessons as a kid, and really wished I had kept it up.  No inherent talent, though.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 10:11:11 pm »

You all sound like Obama.  

Instead of building more prisons (killing terrorists) Need better education and arts programs to have a better economy and keep kids from growing up and becoming criminals (terrorists).  

Arts programs for criminals?

All we need are more little kids plinking and singing away and not more prisons to lock up horrible criminals that hurt others?  Hogwash!  

The whole RWRE argument/rant/stupidity about this is typical of those who follow their philosophy.  The sound bites about just killing ISIS now without regard for the history and background and making changes in the way we do things just keeps us mired in the muck.  Good for the weapons merchants.  Bad for children and other living creatures!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org