A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow March Meeting: Oklahoma's Alcohol Laws  (Read 17540 times)
chimchim
Citizen

« on: February 24, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

TulsaNow’s monthly public forum on March 4th will host speakers Senator Brian Crain (sponsor of SB 424), Kevin Hall of Free the Taps and Blaine Stansel of Roughtail Brewery to discuss the current alcohol legislation in Oklahoma as well as the forecast for Oklahoma brewers, retail alcohol businesses and consumers. They will be discussing the impact on tourism, economic development, and tax policy all of which are important to TulsaNow's mission.

Items of interest for this particular meeting are: HB 1858 (Taxes on Low-Point Beer) SB383 (Refrigeration), and SB424 (Brewery point of production sales) which are all working their way through this year's legislative sessions in the state house and senate. The outcomes of which may be determined by legislative votes prior to the March 4th meeting. All three panelists will answer questions presented by TulsaNow as well as questions from the audience as time allows.

You're invited!
Please join us Wed., March 4th, 5:30pm at Garden Diva Sculpture, 317 South Trenton Avenue. Feel free to let us know you're coming, on our Facebook Event.

We hope to see you there!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »

TulsaNow’s monthly public forum on March 4th will host speakers Senator Brian Crain (sponsor of SB 424), Kevin Hall of Free the Taps and Blaine Stansel of Roughtail Brewery to discuss the current alcohol legislation in Oklahoma as well as the forecast for Oklahoma brewers, retail alcohol businesses and consumers. They will be discussing the impact on tourism, economic development, and tax policy all of which are important to TulsaNow's mission.

Items of interest for this particular meeting are: HB 1858 (Taxes on Low-Point Beer) SB383 (Refrigeration), and SB424 (Brewery point of production sales) which are all working their way through this year's legislative sessions in the state house and senate. The outcomes of which may be determined by legislative votes prior to the March 4th meeting. All three panelists will answer questions presented by TulsaNow as well as questions from the audience as time allows.

You're invited!
Please join us Wed., March 4th, 5:30pm at Garden Diva Sculpture, 317 South Trenton Avenue. Feel free to let us know you're coming, on our Facebook Event.

We hope to see you there!

Looks as if HB1858 died today, with that dying and 383 and 424 still going, that all means a lot to the future of micro and macro brewing in Oklahoma. 

This will be a really good forum about advancing issues which help really drive revenue and image for Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, looks like I might be in a more brewery-friendly state next week when this happens, so please take good notes!  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »

Looks as if HB1858 died today, with that dying and 383 and 424 still going, that all means a lot to the future of micro and macro brewing in Oklahoma. 

This will be a really good forum about advancing issues which help really drive revenue and image for Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, looks like I might be in a more brewery-friendly state next week when this happens, so please take good notes!  Grin

Don't start counting chickens...if it makes sense and would be good for the state's image and would be appreciated by a sizable group in the state, it ain't gonna happen.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:50 pm »

How does a bill on excise tax on low point beer end up with with a whole section about sales of motor vehicle fuel, motor vehicles, selling and leasing aircraft, sale of crude petroleum and cigarettes?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:53:37 pm »

How does a bill on excise tax on low point beer end up with with a whole section about sales of motor vehicle fuel, motor vehicles, selling and leasing aircraft, sale of crude petroleum and cigarettes?

Pardon the well-learned cynicism.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org