A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:34 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East End Village  (Read 29146 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

Like dbacks said - East Central.  Kinda was like a prison, even though that building was new at the time - more of an attitude than about the facility.

Had to take a month of summer school there in 1981, and hated the fact that there was no natural light in the classrooms, very depressing. Had a really weird teacher that coached a girls softball team. His name is Ronald Lyons. (let that name sink in for a few minutes)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 12:54:00 pm »

Is this what they refer to as "thread drift?"   Grin

We probably need a new term - not thread drift....more like motorized thread travel...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:53 pm »

Had to take a month of summer school there in 1981, and hated the fact that there was no natural light in the classrooms, very depressing. Had a really weird teacher that coached a girls softball team. His name is Ronald Lyons. (let that name sink in for a few minutes)

Is that the one Interpol was looking for in France a few years ago?  But didn't find....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 03:04:03 pm »

Is that the one Interpol was looking for in France a few years ago?  But didn't find....

I did not know about the Interpol wanting information,  too bad they didn't have him, but yes that was him.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 03:09:25 pm »

Beer.

#hadto

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 03:18:02 pm »

Beer.

#hadto

I thought is was MARSHALL'S?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »

Ronnie Lyons. What a freakin' small world. He was a childhood friend of mine and his dad was my Jr. High gym coach. And yes, he was a bit weird then too.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »

FUBAR? Our jr. high had a rock band with that name. Teachers never figured it out.

Or so they led you to believe.

Cheesy

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »

Was that the guy with the grow lights in his basement around 12th & Gary Pl?  Think he got busted a year or so before I bought a house two blocks north.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2015, 10:34:56 pm »

Was that the guy with the grow lights in his basement around 12th & Gary Pl?  Think he got busted a year or so before I bought a house two blocks north.

No, I think he was a teacher in BA that was found to have nude pics of girls from his classes and was arrested for that and pot charges back in 1987 IIRC, then one of the 15 year old girls that was refused to testify against him committed suicide. He later jumped bail in 1990 and hasn't been seen since.

http://newsok.com/fugitive-not-caught-authorities-report/article/3327787

[/email]]http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/whereabouts-of-convicted-ba-teacher-unknown/article_a9616f24-7125-5e84-b267-169227de24fc.html[email][/email]

I now return this to the original topic..............
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:03 am »

Quote from: Whirled
The owner of one of downtown Tulsa’s newest living options has been hit with a foreclosure lawsuit alleging nonpayment for construction services.

MGT Construction, a general contractor based in Richmond, Virginia, filed the suit against Larson Development, also based in Richmond, in Tulsa federal court.

Larson Development is the owner of East End Village, the site of the former Bill White Chevrolet dealership at 401 S. Elgin Ave. that has been converted to 83 living units and two commercial spaces. MGT oversaw its construction and redevelopment.

The lawsuit alleges Larson Development stopped making payments to MGT on Jan. 21. The suit claims MGT is owed $1.1 million.

One day later, Larson Development contacted the various subcontractors working for MGT on the project and attempted to hire them directly, the suit alleges. The suit does not say if Larson’s attempt to hire them away was successful, though MGT terminated its contract on March 11.

Calls to Larson Development and MGT were not returned by Monday evening.

So far, the site has been heavily redeveloped with a newly-striped parking lot, mail area and a number of apartment units with doors accessible from inside the southeast building. Several of the units have doormats and other personal effects on the outside, indicating there may be people living there now. It is unclear how many units have been finished.

Two of the buildings at the north end of the development have unfinished interiors.

East End Village’s Facebook page includes a May 29 posting indicating it had just one two-bedroom unit available “until October.” The last post on the page as of this writing, dated June 2, states restaurant space is available.

East End Village has four separate Craigslist posts offering residential units for lease, all of which went up the same day of this writing. Three advertise one-bedroom units for $1,195, and one lists a two-bedroom unit for $1,395.

A separate Craigslist ad posted June 8 indicates East End Village has 3,200 square feet of commercial space available.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/east-end-village-hit-with-foreclosure-suit-from-its-general/article_1b6a3575-dbca-5812-b098-944b753d1a5f.html

Nothing we didn't already know, just confirmation and details.  And ohmygod the one comment below the article says "You mean demand for 'downtown' living quarters is not that great?" why do I even look?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:35:55 am by gratherton » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 09:15:51 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/east-end-village-hit-with-foreclosure-suit-from-its-general/article_1b6a3575-dbca-5812-b098-944b753d1a5f.html

Nothing we didn't already know, just confirmation and details.  And ohmygod the one comment below the article says "You mean demand for 'downtown' living quarters is not that great?" why do Ieven look?

Well that person is a little under informed I think. I'd think it was cabbagehead had there been some syntax and spelling errors.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 09:32:27 am »

Although Mark Larson is from Oklahoma, most of his previous development work with his company, Larson Development, has been in the Richmond, Virginia, area. To date, he’s created 225 apartments in existing buildings in Richmond.
“A mentor got me into a historic tax-credit renovation project in Virginia,” he said. “But I had always wanted to get back to Oklahoma.”
Larson got his chance with East End Village, a total renovation of the block bounded by Fourth and Fifth streets and Elgin and Frankfort avenues.
The first phase of East End Village, which created 48 apartments on the block, is now completely occupied. Now, an additional 35 apartments are about to be finished by December, along with 6,000 square feet that could be used for retail or office space.
When the dust finally settles at the former site of Bill White Chevrolet, development costs will total $11.5 million, Larson said.
Even though the site has either been used for storage or vacant for the last 50 years, Larson said he believed it was a prime spot for renovation.
“I thought it had a great location and was a great property,” he said. “There’s a lot of great history there.”
The development was a challenging one. The block had an array of buildings with different purposes, including a car ramp that went over an alleyway onto a roof for parking.
On top of that, the site had fallen into disrepair.
“There’s mortar that’s deteriorated, and the original building had a hole in it where a backhoe had almost fallen through the floor,” Larson said.
As a result, the 600-square-foot to 1,500-square-foot units have wildly varying floorplans. Seven of them have private roof decks, while one was built within an elevator shaft. Like the finished apartments, the new apartments will rent for $899 to $2,199 per month.
As for the rooftop parking lot, it’s been transformed into a public roof deck usable by all residents.
While the original apartments are located in auxiliary buildings, the new construction is focusing on the two-story showroom building. Of the two nonresidential spaces, one is situated within the glass showroom of the former car dealership. Larson said he’s open to either restaurants or office tenants moving in.
Larson said he’s pleased by what’s happening both at East End Village and in the eastern part of downtown in general.
“We’ve had great luck so far,” he said. “Leasing’s happened quickly, and we’re excited about the growth we’ve seen in the area.”
As for his next move, Larson Development has already purchased the vacant Jane Phillips Memorial Hospital in Bartlesville and plans to put 62 apartments there.
And Larson said he’s actively looking for an additional redevelopment project to take on in downtown Tulsa.
Robert Evatt 918-581-8447

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/east-end-village-comes-together-with-a-second-phase/article_daf1a8ae-7304-596d-93b3-4b6b02819ebf.html
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2015, 06:44:39 am »

I'm glad they built these, they are cool and quirky. I wonder if the inherent oddness might make them harder to rent as more living choices come on line in downtown.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 08:17:43 am »

I'm glad they built these, they are cool and quirky. I wonder if the inherent oddness might make them harder to rent as more living choices come on line in downtown.

Next Tulsa Now t-shirt, "Keep Tulsa Inherently Odd"

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org