A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:11 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East End Village  (Read 29152 times)
TulsaGuy
Activist

« on: February 12, 2015, 10:21:42 am »

Apparently, they've fired the contractor for this project on the old Bill White Chevrolet lot and are not paying subcontractors.  Anybody heard any details on this?

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:21:53 pm »

Apparently, they've fired the contractor for this project on the old Bill White Chevrolet lot and are not paying subcontractors.  Anybody heard any details on this?

Interesting... this development was supposed to open Jan 1. Then became Jan 15. Then no later than Feb 1. Then March 1. No clue when move in is scheduled now. Hopefully this isn't another Sager type developer. This was a very cool project, so hopefully they get their act together and finish this project.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:49 am »

They already have tenants moving in?
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:40:03 am »

Yes, they had people moving in mid-January.  I looked at them a couple times but it was just too close of quarters for me. Very narrow hallways. Awesome rooftops though.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 01:25:26 pm »

They already have tenants moving in?

They were supposed to. I don't think they have the CTO yet from the City. I was supposed to move in there in Jan... and they pushed the dates back to many times so I just asked for my money back and kept looking elsewhere.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:19:11 am »

I think people are living there now. Witnessed someone getting home from work as I was running past the other day.
tvc
Tourist

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 12:46:10 pm »

I am one of the subcontractors who have not been paid.  As of a couple of weeks ago, there were over a million dollars in liens filed on this project.  My understanding from a representative of the general contractor says the owner did not keep payments up with them and they pulled off the job, the owner is reporting that the general has been overpaid and was fired.  I am trying to find out as much as I can about both entities.  My understanding is they are heading for mediation sometime about nowish.  When I checked about a week or so ago, this general contractor had filed a lawsuit against Larson Development in Richmond, VA (not on this project, but on the one they worked together on before).

However, the owner has had his attorney send me a letter advising me to "cease and desist" from making any false allegations about his clients, or be subject to severe civil liability for "tortious interference with business relationships", current and future. 

It is my understanding from my city councilor my concerns expressed to him about this project and subs not being paid has been referred to legal.  I understand that are several hundred thousand dollars of tax abatements on the line from the city.  I have also began a conversation with the Oklahoma Historic(al)? Society about the state tax credits that have been applied for.

I do think there are people residing in the development at this time.

I just want to be paid.  I do support downtown development and historic restoration, but not on the backs of local subcontractors.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:29 pm »

I am one of the subcontractors who have not been paid.  As of a couple of weeks ago, there were over a million dollars in liens filed on this project.  My understanding from a representative of the general contractor says the owner did not keep payments up with them and they pulled off the job, the owner is reporting that the general has been overpaid and was fired.  I am trying to find out as much as I can about both entities.  My understanding is they are heading for mediation sometime about nowish.  When I checked about a week or so ago, this general contractor had filed a lawsuit against Larson Development in Richmond, VA (not on this project, but on the one they worked together on before).

However, the owner has had his attorney send me a letter advising me to "cease and desist" from making any false allegations about his clients, or be subject to severe civil liability for "tortious interference with business relationships", current and future. 

It is my understanding from my city councilor my concerns expressed to him about this project and subs not being paid has been referred to legal.  I understand that are several hundred thousand dollars of tax abatements on the line from the city.  I have also began a conversation with the Oklahoma Historic(al)? Society about the state tax credits that have been applied for.

I do think there are people residing in the development at this time.

I just want to be paid.  I do support downtown development and historic restoration, but not on the backs of local subcontractors.

If your contract is with the main contractor (who sounds like they were fired), you need to contact an attorney and file suit against the contractor who you subbed for, and had a contractor to perform work for. If you did not have a signed contract with the developer then there's not much you can do about getting money from them (which is probably why they sent you a cease and desist letter). You need to go after who you signed a contract with to do your work, and they need to pay you - period. If the developer paid the contractor, and they were supposed to pay you, the developer has no obligation to pay you - it's the main contractor. You can always contact the BBB if the contractor that was working on this project is a member and complain to them. Also, you can look into any state boards or affiliations they are members of or certified by and file complaints against them there as well. In general though, from how I've seen subcontractors paid - your beef is likely with the main contractor and not the developer. If the main contractor is telling you they haven't been paid, that's not your problem - if you performed the work they have to pay you. They should have insurance that would cover this if the developer did in fact not pay them. 
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 06:25:57 am »

A friend of mine moved in to one of the interior spaces that has no windows but does have sky lights. Since they work late, they are a big fan of the lack of windows.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 08:17:21 am »

A friend of mine moved in to one of the interior spaces that has no windows but does have sky lights. Since they work late, they are a big fan of the lack of windows.

As in a residential or commercial space?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tvc
Tourist

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 09:17:59 am »

If your contract is with the main contractor (who sounds like they were fired), you need to contact an attorney and file suit against the contractor who you subbed for, and had a contractor to perform work for. If you did not have a signed contract with the developer then there's not much you can do about getting money from them (which is probably why they sent you a cease and desist letter). You need to go after who you signed a contract with to do your work, and they need to pay you - period. If the developer paid the contractor, and they were supposed to pay you, the developer has no obligation to pay you - it's the main contractor. You can always contact the BBB if the contractor that was working on this project is a member and complain to them. Also, you can look into any state boards or affiliations they are members of or certified by and file complaints against them there as well. In general though, from how I've seen subcontractors paid - your beef is likely with the main contractor and not the developer. If the main contractor is telling you they haven't been paid, that's not your problem - if you performed the work they have to pay you. They should have insurance that would cover this if the developer did in fact not pay them. 

I understand the privity of contract issue, but we have filed a lien against the property, among several others, and will be enforcing our lien against the property, which is owned by Larson Development.  We are also being told two versions of what's going on with this project:  one is that the general was fired, and the other is that they stopped working due to not being paid.  I really don't care who pays me, as long as I get paid Smiley
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 09:59:55 am »

As in a residential or commercial space?

Residential apartment
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 10:22:16 am »

Residential apartment

That meets fire code without windows? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 11:36:38 am »

That meets fire code without windows? 

the Abundant Life building has no windows, but it is 95% asbestos.  Grin
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 11:51:48 am »

East Central High School was designed with out windows to eliminate distraction. Back in the sixties I think.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org