A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:39:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Row  (Read 7474 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: February 11, 2015, 08:16:33 am »

These dang Republicans are going to keep trying until you Liberals can find a way to kill these people with kindness.  Grin

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/bills-advance-in-oklahoma-that-would-allow-executions-by-nitrogen/article_ffe789d4-6e26-552c-89df-db223d214634.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:09:10 am »

These dang Republicans are going to keep trying until you Liberals can find a way to kill these people with kindness.  Grin

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/bills-advance-in-oklahoma-that-would-allow-executions-by-nitrogen/article_ffe789d4-6e26-552c-89df-db223d214634.html

...but..but  they just spent $70K to remodel the current death chamber so that only 6 people can fit in the witness area  (I also understand they put in an LCD window blind like what you find in hospitals).  That fixes it, right?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 12:27:37 pm »

I heard they tried this with helium but the laughter was considered cruel
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:06:40 pm »

Just give them a helicopter ride like Omar in Scarface.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:21:27 pm »

Anyone know where the Department of Corrections can get a deal on Zyklon B?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:19 pm »

Well I was thinking they were wanting to bring back the Gas Chamber. Nope. The new method of killing the inmate will be a less costing bag filled with the poison. Basically suffocation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2951635/Kill-death-row-inmates-bag-gas-heads-Official-Oklahoma-suggests-method-execution-stop-state-paying-gas-chamber.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »

Well I was thinking they were wanting to bring back the Gas Chamber. Nope. The new method of killing the inmate will be a less costing bag filled with the poison. Basically suffocation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2951635/Kill-death-row-inmates-bag-gas-heads-Official-Oklahoma-suggests-method-execution-stop-state-paying-gas-chamber.html

Just tie a trash bag on their head and fill it with NOS.  I know of some people who accidentally died doing just that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 08:32:59 pm »

Just like Tyson gasses the chickens.......

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 09:49:14 am »

Just like Tyson gasses the chickens.......

Oh man...is this going to be another source for mcnuggets?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 09:59:54 am »

Oh man...is this going to be another source for mcnuggets?

Yes, and renamed Mcalesters.  Cheesy

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 06:08:01 pm »

Just give them a helicopter ride like Omar in Scarface.

Leave it to the pros

http://multimedia.mehrnews.com/original/2013/01/925561.jpg
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:26:28 pm »

Nitrogen Gas Executions Approved by Oklahoma House

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/nitrogen-gas-executions-approved-oklahoma-house

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma would become the first state to allow the execution of inmates using nitrogen gas under a bill that overwhelmingly passed the House of Representatives.

The House voted 85-10 on Tuesday for the bill by Oklahoma City Republican Rep. Mike Christian, who described the method as humane, painless and easy to administer. There was no debate against the bill, which now heads to the Senate.

Christian says the nitrogen would be administered to the inmate either by a "tent or some kind of secure mask."

Christian began studying alternative methods after a botched lethal injection last spring that has led to the U.S. Supreme Court considering whether Oklahoma's current method is constitutional.

He says prison officials in several other states are interested in his proposal.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 12:49:44 pm »

Nytol and a plastic bag over the head would be cheaper and just as effective.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 01:59:03 pm »

Nytol and a plastic bag over the head would be cheaper and just as effective.

You are so not PC.  One of your best qualities to be sure!  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 02:20:43 pm »

You are so not PC.  One of your best qualities to be sure!  Grin

Yeah, sometimes I'm as subtle as dropping a 16lb bowling ball on your foot. I think that may have been an issue a time or two when I worked for a city government. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org