A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:35:48 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU Jimmy John's  (Read 13969 times)
saintnicster
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »

Bikes absolutely are good for business in some situations for us. Our overall delivery times are 3-5 minutes faster at our Downtown location than our car based stores. I think we're going to go with both bike and car delivery here while highly recommending the bike drivers have car access. If TU gets enough deliveries from us we could just concentrate on bike delivery there. We'll see how it goes.
I'm sure you know, but if you're delivering to TU (dorms, buildings, offices, etc), bikes are pretty much required. Visitor parking is virtually non-existent, and there are are only one or two main car-sized paths across campus.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 03:05:05 pm »

My main concern is how bike unfriendly 11th Street is. Delaware has a bike lane, but it essentially a bike lane to nowhere. I sent an email to the city council about adding a bike lane to 11th but got no response. Wishful thinking on my part.
 Cheesy

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 04:42:46 pm »

Nice touch last night handing out free sandwiches to fans leaving the TU v. Memphis game.  With the 6 start time, a lot of folks did not have time to eat before the game.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

Nice touch last night handing out free sandwiches to fans leaving the TU v. Memphis game.  With the 6 start time, a lot of folks did not have time to eat before the game.

Jimmy John's in St. Louis did the same thing outside the ScottTrade Center after one of the Blues games.  I thought that was neat also.  Might have had something to do with it being St. Patty's Day that weekend, but was much appreciated as hammered as I was leaving.  Too much Bud Platinum (gave me a headache later).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 08:57:28 am »

Nice touch last night handing out free sandwiches to fans leaving the TU v. Memphis game.  With the 6 start time, a lot of folks did not have time to eat before the game.

Awesome to hear you got a sample. It looks like TU is having a pretty good year!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:15 pm »

Grabbed a sandwich at the TU shop on Saturday.  I also got a sample at the TU basketball game.  I heard they were also passing out samples at the bars along 11th Street Saturday night.  The space turned out perfect for you guys.  Any word on the space next to Jimmy Johns?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
davideinstein
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:02 am »

Grabbed a sandwich at the TU shop on Saturday.  I also got a sample at the TU basketball game.  I heard they were also passing out samples at the bars along 11th Street Saturday night.  The space turned out perfect for you guys.  Any word on the space next to Jimmy Johns?

No word yet. I'm personally hoping for a bar/pub, but any active retail will do.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37:09 pm »

The place has almost always been a pub with decent traffic. They always seem to disappear around lease renewal time.  You'd think they could make a killing off of students and game day crowds, if not just drawing as a neighborhood pub.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:16 pm »

The bars at the Campbell Hotel seem to do ok.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 09:02:52 am »

No word yet. I'm personally hoping for a bar/pub, but any active retail will do.

A  bar would certainly go well with Jimmy John's next door Smiley

JJ has been an awesome addition so far. It is nice to think "I want a tasty sandwich at my door in 5 minutes" and have that option.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org