A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:22:47 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiki Bar  (Read 3883 times)
rdj
City Father

« on: January 30, 2015, 07:57:02 am »

Club 209 at Boulder & Cameron will soon be converted into a Tiki Bar run by the good folks that run Hodges Bend.  If you've been to any of the great Tiki Bars in Chicago that's the vibe they're going for.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:59 am »

Its a partnership with the good folks at Bar 46 too.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:42:14 pm »

Hopefully they can make the entrance and parking lot more inviting.  It always looked to me like a shady warehouse, but I went in there once when invited to celebrate a friends birthday and it was kind of nice inside.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 02:51:25 pm »

I believe they'll be adding an outdoor area and moving the bar around.  Good management from my experience, so it'll be a good spot.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 04:53:01 pm »

Hopefully they can make the entrance and parking lot more inviting.  It always looked to me like a shady warehouse, but I went in there once when invited to celebrate a friends birthday and it was kind of nice inside.

Not their parking lot.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

Makes me really want to get to work on the Atomic Tiki Room at DECOPOLIS.  Will still be working on an out of town job for a couple more months so will have to wait just a little longer.  Disney is coming out with a new "Island" themed movie cartoon which may stir up some more Tiki interest.  I am actually writing a book right now "Lindy Hopper and the Tale of the Atomic Tiki" to further our "character building" at DECOPOLIS.  We of course will also be having our second annual Tulsa Tiki Day party this year and will be making it bigger, better and Tikier than ever! Perhaps we can join forces with the new Tiki Bar and The Vault. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 07:54:19 am »

The Tiki Nook Lounge was at about 52nd and Peoria on the west side of the street I do believe.....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »

The Tiki Nook Lounge was at about 52nd and Peoria on the west side of the street I do believe.....

Yes, upstairs at the old Tradewinds West. Think I still have my membership card from back in 1983 or 1984.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

Just ordered 6'x75' of bamboo to put on the ceiling.  Ought to get me started.   Grin   Love doing the fun stuff, beats paperwork.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org