A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:19:44 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about donating wheelchairs  (Read 3217 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: January 29, 2015, 09:30:00 am »

Maybe someone here can give guidance here as I cannot seem to find what I need.

I have two, maybe three, wheelchairs in my possession that I would like to donate.  However, I would also like to donate them on behalf of the former user of the chairs.  Does anyone know of a charity or organization that does this?  It's a little important to me that this person's name is recognized.  I realize I could probably find it if I 'deep Googled', but my schedule this week doesn't allow me a lot of time to do this.

I don't know if maybe I sound a little self important about this, but this person is very special to me and I want to make sure she's honored in some way after the life she led.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:39:54 am »

Maybe someone here can give guidance here as I cannot seem to find what I need.

I have two, maybe three, wheelchairs in my possession that I would like to donate.  However, I would also like to donate them on behalf of the former user of the chairs.  Does anyone know of a charity or organization that does this?  It's a little important to me that this person's name is recognized.  I realize I could probably find it if I 'deep Googled', but my schedule this week doesn't allow me a lot of time to do this.

I don't know if maybe I sound a little self important about this, but this person is very special to me and I want to make sure she's honored in some way after the life she led.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I have been in your situation with family members who absolutely deserved 'extra' recognition for their lives.  And they "received" it from the memories friends and family kept of them....  We looked around and found that we knew people who were in need of that type equipment (wheel chair, lifting recliner chair, electric wheel chair, and a handicapped equipped van).  Ended up making each a "one-on-one" transaction with the people who needed the stuff.  The recipients provided all the recognition one could desire!  Most were with people we knew or had met through care facilities, but one was a "cold call" situation where ended up giving to someone who was in need (and family) and became a good acquaintance after that - and when the time came when they no longer needed it, found the next place for the stuff to go.  A "pass it forward" situation. 

I bet you know or could find someone at a nursing facility, who could use the chair(s) and have a much improved quality of life.

I know this is gonna sound sooo preachy....not really my intent, but hey, when ya quote the Bible, it just naturally kinda comes out that way....

Matt 6:1-2
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org