A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First 48  (Read 10530 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: January 27, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

Anybody watching these? Supposedly the film crew spent several months here filming. A few weeks back. The first episode was a Tulsa one. Last week was from Atlanta. And Thursday night will be another one from here.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/tv/first-episode-to-feature-tulsa-police-detectives-thursday/article_b3fd8cab-e95f-5755-b135-5b648db59fa7.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:27 pm »

Anybody watching these? Supposedly the film crew spent several months here filming. A few weeks back. The first episode was a Tulsa one. Last week was from Atlanta. And Thursday night will be another one from here.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/tv/first-episode-to-feature-tulsa-police-detectives-thursday/article_b3fd8cab-e95f-5755-b135-5b648db59fa7.html

I can remember a time when they had the integrity to decline participation in Fox's COPS because there were too many scripted scenes.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:30:57 pm »

I watched the first episode which highlighted one our best detectives !  It was  class act and represented Tulsa quite well (other than highlighting our high crime rate, which is a fact!)  The crew been here since last July and will be here through the summer.  There is already talks about staying on another year because the crew has been so impressed with our department and how outstanding the detectives are.  The first 48 is nothing like Cops and isn't created to be a reality show which needs drama to be successful.  It's a documentary of hard working officers who do a great job to get justice for the families of victims.   

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »

Very well said Tulsa_Fan. My Dad did 8 of his 20 years Downtown as a Homicide Detective, so this show is very interesting to me.
"Jail" is the other Law Enforcement show that has made stops here and seem to like filming at Moss.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 12:49:51 pm »

Don't  know if it was the first episode or not, but caught the one about the 16 year old that shot his uncle I believe.  This show is very well done, and I think does a good job in any of the cities they filmed. I think they do a great job of showing how investigators work without any of the scripted bull that other "reality" shows.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 07:35:05 am »

Does not seem to be available without buying A&E, so haven't
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »

I saw the first one (shooting at the ghetto motel on Admiral).

I thought the TPD was well represented and very professional. Obviously the covered some shady parts of town, that's the nature of a show about murders. But the videography of greater Tulsa was well displayed.

I left with a confidence in our homicide detectives.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org