A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REI  (Read 277794 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #555 on: April 10, 2018, 03:17:20 pm »

Tulsa loves a new generic big box store... until the next generic big box store comes to town.

I love quotes like that.  What is the basis of his statement?  Is REI passing on to him all the fan mail it is receiving from Tulsans?  Is REI receiving any negative mail?  Did his development company commission a public opinion poll to check with “Tulsans” on their excitement for this project?  Or is it just made up PR baloney?  Unfortunately we don’t know because the reporter didn’t bother to ask.  Of course, that assumes the reporter actually talked to Mr. Bouvier as opposed to simply reprinted quotes from a press release.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #556 on: April 10, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »

I love quotes like that.  What is the basis of his statement?  Is REI passing on to him all the fan mail it is receiving from Tulsans?  Is REI receiving any negative mail?  Did his development company commission a public opinion poll to check with “Tulsans” on their excitement for this project?  Or is it just made up PR baloney?  Unfortunately we don’t know because the reporter didn’t bother to ask.  Of course, that assumes the reporter actually talked to Mr. Bouvier as opposed to simply reprinted quotes from a press release.

"...Bouvier said in a prepared statement."

Broadcasters are easier to manipulate by just denying them sound bites.   You expect more from print but I imagine REI's publicists are keeping their distance.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2018, 07:07:06 pm »

Tulsa loves a new generic big box store... until the next generic big box store comes to town.

Look at all the love for Gander MTN!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »

Maybe more like "just good friends".

Grin

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2018, 07:34:01 am »

Gander MTN went out of business nationally.
No amount of local love was going to keep it around.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #560 on: April 11, 2018, 08:35:16 am »

All this bickering caused the citizens of Tulsa to miss out on these massive sales they were having recently.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.6798059,-97.3405005,3a,75y,259.23h,91.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNVw_FccngZML01yRa8W9SA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
New Slang
Tourist

« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2018, 09:24:38 am »

That site has been graded recently, and it looks like some utilities are going in.  Anyone know what's going on there?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2018, 10:09:21 am »

Gander MTN went out of business nationally.
No amount of local love was going to keep it around.

Correct.

I was making a bigger point about the sh!t storm terrestrial retail has been in for a few years which I've been saying all along since this project was proposed in the first place by making a facetious comment on the local location.

I believe the Tulsa location of Gander MTN closed in less than a year or not long after a year of opening.  There would be a lot of pissed off people if a similar issue happened to REI.

As a side note, apparently "Gander Outdoors" which appears to be part of Camping World now has some terrestrial locations:

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/store-locator/list/

And along the lines of major retail projects in Tulsa:  I was in Tulsa last week and duly noted that "available" signs are still on the proposed Simon outlet property in Jenks and no signs of dirt moving any time soon. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #563 on: April 11, 2018, 10:22:50 am »

That site has been graded recently, and it looks like some utilities are going in.  Anyone know what's going on there?

Which site?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #564 on: April 11, 2018, 10:34:16 am »

Which site?

South of the current volleyball courts.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: April 19, 2018, 11:09:52 am »

It appears the development is moving forward
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #566 on: April 19, 2018, 11:37:46 am »

Well, rat farts...

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #567 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:30 am »

http://www.newson6.com/story/37996086/city-wins-right-to-sell-helmerich-park-site

probably still some appeals
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #568 on: April 19, 2018, 12:25:32 pm »

As a side note, apparently "Gander Outdoors" which appears to be part of Camping World now has some terrestrial locations:

Great...just what the world needs... more Lemonis business style...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #569 on: April 19, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »

Well, rat farts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbUx6wZ7z4

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org