A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:14:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REI  (Read 277904 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #540 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:25 pm »

There are signs for proposed commercial centers on the northwest and southwest corners of 71st and Elwood, right on the trail system at the base of Turkey Mountain right in sight of the river. High traffic counts, easy expressway access and near very high income areas. Perfect location and less than a mile from the park and connected to Riverparks via trails. .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:05:57 pm by swake » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:06 am »

I have seen on Facebook that the City has put up signs at Helmerich Park saying "Authorized Use Only, for information contact 918-596-7508."  Supposedly, anyone who isn't in a volleyball league is being removed if they attempt to use the courts at anytime. The post is by the Facebook group Save Helmerich Park.

Can anyone confirm this?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »

Considering the City Council effectively shut down the volleyball courts, could be legit. That area is no longer a public park.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2017, 12:32:00 pm »

screech

http://www.newson6.com/story/35654932/judge-denies-city-of-tulsas-request-to-dismiss-helmerich-park-case
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2017, 11:00:13 pm »

Back to District Court...

http://www.1170kfaq.com/news/local-news/ok-supreme-court-sends-helmerich-park-lawsuit-back-to-district-court

Has GT had an about-face and is reconsidering his previous support of this development?

“Since taking office last December I have sought to resolve this long and drawn out issue in the best interest of all Tulsans," Mayor Bynum said in a statement.  "There are important legal issues that need to be settled, and today's ruling means we will have to wait a while longer for the judicial process to work through them. The most important thing is that we get it right."

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2017, 06:58:42 am »

http://www.1170kfaq.com/news/local-news/ok-supreme-court-sends-helmerich-park-lawsuit-back-to-district-court

Has GT had an about-face and is reconsidering his previous support of this development?

Depends on what his version of "right" is.

People are going to be very happy.
Believe me.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2017, 12:20:43 pm »

How is that an about-face? Sounds like a pretty neutral comment that the courts need to decide on this and that he is not the hold up at the  moment.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2017, 01:11:03 pm »

How is that an about-face? Sounds like a pretty neutral comment that the courts need to decide on this and that he is not the hold up at the  moment.

This is a direct quote from GT in a TW article on 6/1/16:
As far as proposed development along 71st Street and Riverside Drive at Helmerich Park that would conceivably have Recreational Equipment Inc. as its anchor tenant, Bynum said the citizens of Tulsa, who have made a large investment over the years in maintaining that land, should play a larger role in what happens.

“I’m not going to say today what I think about it one way or the other because I want to hear what the citizens of Tulsa have to say about it,” Bynum said. “People have spent a whole lot more time than I have studying this and looking at it.”

The people then spoke out overwhelmingly in opposition to it.

And then on 2/21/17 GT says in a KTUL article:
"The vast majority of our river frontage is and will continue to be preserved in its natural state, but there are a few targeted places along the corridor that are considered reasonable pockets of development and this has long been considered one of those," said Bynum.

So which is it?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:13:13 pm by SXSW » Logged

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »

This is a direct quote from GT in a TW article on 6/1/16:
The people then spoke out overwhelmingly in opposition to it.

And then on 2/21/17 GT says in a KTUL article:
So which is it?

That quote was in February. So he went from neutral/see what the citizens want to for-development/didn't care what the citizens want back in February. What about the quote from this week, 9/12/2017, makes you think he changed his mind again?

Your comment said:

“Since taking office last December I have sought to resolve this long and drawn out issue in the best interest of all Tulsans," Mayor Bynum said in a statement.  "There are important legal issues that need to be settled, and today's ruling means we will have to wait a while longer for the judicial process to work through them. The most important thing is that we get it right."

The comment just said it's up to the courts to address the legal issues. As far as I can tell, he still isn't listening to the opposition on this. Maybe he will if they win and he can say "I was with the citizens the whole time!"
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #549 on: March 08, 2018, 11:54:35 am »

Too lazy to look very hard...anything happening with this?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #550 on: March 08, 2018, 12:12:04 pm »

Too lazy to look very hard...anything happening with this?

Supposedly there was a pre-trial hearing in February.  The contract between the city and developer expired March 1, unless it was renewed?

Meanwhile there is an empty Gander Mountain store at Tulsa Hills..

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #551 on: March 08, 2018, 12:54:44 pm »

Supposedly there was a pre-trial hearing in February.  The contract between the city and developer expired March 1, unless it was renewed?

Meanwhile there is an empty Gander Mountain store at Tulsa Hills..

*(The Walk at) Tulsa Hills
How dare you conflate the two!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2018, 08:59:09 am »

I think this is the active lawsuit:
Tulsa CV-15-902, Immel v. TFPA et al.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=CV-2015-902&cmid=2863839

I think the others are consolidated with it or done:
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=CV-2017-377&cmid=3035473
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=CV-2015-1320&cmid=2896455

I can't say I spent a lot of time looking at it this morning, but it looks like each side is filing Motions for Summary Judgment - essentially saying there is no fact dispute and the Judge can make a legal determination on the merits of the case (i did not read the motions).   They seem to be working together professionally, as they have filed joint motions and filed documents on the same day (credit where due!).  They are each working on responses to the other's motion.    Odds are good that the motions will be heard at the 4/9/18 Pretrail Conference...

Again, a quick review.  The link above includes the motions and will include the responses.  Go forth and learn!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2018, 11:18:45 am »

Judge expected to rule on Helmerich Park development case within a few weeks

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/judge-expected-to-rule-on-helmerich-park-development-case-within/article_830ce04e-b6ac-5986-8629-6df5a2fd2713.html

A judge is expected to decide by the end of the month whether the city can move forward with a plan to build a commercial development on a portion of Helmerich Park.

During a pretrial hearing Monday, Tulsa County District Judge Jefferson Sellers said he expects to rule on the parties’ requests for summary judgment within the next two weeks.

The legal battle began in August 2015, when the Tulsa Public Facilities Authority sold 8.8 acres of the park for $1.465 million to a Dallas developer. The proposed development is widely expected to include the state’s first REI store.

The sale was immediately challenged by Tulsa resident Craig Immel, who argued TPFA did not have the authority to sell the property.

The lawsuit was later amended to include more plaintiffs and other legal arguments against the sale.

Among those who joined the lawsuit was former Mayor Terry Young. Young said Monday the plaintiffs’ request for summary judgment rests on three key arguments: that the Helmerich Park property has never actually been abandoned, as required by state law; that the city does not have the authority to sell the land, so neither does TPFA; and that the sale amounts to an “unconstitutional gift” because TPFA did not receive anywhere close to the fair market value for the property.

The plaintiffs’ request for summary judgment notes that although the City Council voted to abandon the 8.8 acres in question, the property is still being used for park purposes. It also argues that the actual fair market value for the property is more than $4.59 million.

“We have been consistent from the beginning with our arguments, and it is gratifying that these arguments have remained a part of our motions,” Young said.

In their joint request for summary judgment, the city of Tulsa and TPFA argue that the city has already given the plaintiffs what they had requested in earlier petitions to the court.

In passing a resolution last year, the City Council consented to the sale of the land by TPFA; determined the land was not necessary for public use; and found that the “public purpose of economic development supported the purchase price,” the document states.

“Plaintiffs, however, have continued with this litigation, with the openly stated purpose of causing enough delay to thwart the transaction,” the city and TPFA argue in their request for summary judgment.

Young said Monday that plaintiffs intend to take their case to a higher court, if necessary.

“Although we expect to win, we will appeal if we are unsuccessful” in district court, Young said.

Don Bouvier, president of UCR Development, said his company would break ground on the project as soon as possible once the lawsuit is resolved.

“Tulsans continue to voice their excitement for this project, and we are ready to see it become a reality,” Bouvier said in a prepared statement. “We still hold a firm belief that this is a very special project.”

Recreational Equipment Inc. is a nationwide sporting goods and outdoor merchandise company with more than 140 stores but none in Oklahoma.

The other structures included in the original development plans are a 12,000-square-foot retail/restaurant space; a restaurant with a 6,000-square-foot patio facing the river; and a 7,000-square-foot restaurant and retail space at the north end of the property.

The proposed development site is on the southwest corner of Riverside Drive and 71st Street. Helmerich Park is approximately 67 acres.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »

“Tulsans continue to voice their excitement for this project,

Tulsa loves a new generic big box store... until the next generic big box store comes to town.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org